Opaque d30 Die Black/White

KOP06006

List Price: $2.00

Our Price: $1.80

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

Product Availability

Ships from our warehouse in 4 to 18 business days.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

KOP06006


See Also:

Sign in to create or edit a product review.


So does anyone have an in game use for a d30? I bought one because I am a total dork and I'd love to hear other gamers uses for them before I come up with my own.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

I've used them before for random birthdates of characters - d12 for month, d30 for date. So far, I haven't had much else that I've used them for.

Dark Archive RPG Superstar 2013 Top 32

During a fairly short-term Eberron game I was in, the DM allowed us to make a choice when using an action point. Either add 1d6 to the existing roll (as normal) or reroll the check with a d30. Obviously, adding 1d6 to the existing roll guaranteed that it would be better than whatever you rolled previously, but re-rolling it altogether on a d30 gave a chance to make a significant difference (though it was possible to roll worse than you started).


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Fatespinner wrote:
During a fairly short-term Eberron game I was in, the DM allowed us to make a choice when using an action point. Either add 1d6 to the existing roll (as normal) or reroll the check with a d30. Obviously, adding 1d6 to the existing roll guaranteed that it would be better than whatever you rolled previously, but re-rolling it altogether on a d30 gave a chance to make a significant difference (though it was possible to roll worse than you started).

With that rule better (on average) to go with the d30 for any roll under 12.

Liberty's Edge

JoelF847 wrote:
I've used them before for random birthdates of characters - d12 for month, d30 for date. So far, I haven't had much else that I've used them for.

That is a good one. Random dates. I'll be using that. Thanks!

Liberty's Edge

Fatespinner wrote:
During a fairly short-term Eberron game I was in, the DM allowed us to make a choice when using an action point. Either add 1d6 to the existing roll (as normal) or reroll the check with a d30. Obviously, adding 1d6 to the existing roll guaranteed that it would be better than whatever you rolled previously, but re-rolling it altogether on a d30 gave a chance to make a significant difference (though it was possible to roll worse than you started).

I was was thinking of something like that. I think that could work really well. How has it tiurned out in the games you've used it in?

Another one which comes to mind is random monsters/npcs/weather/items and other variables that you could make a table for.

Dark Archive RPG Superstar 2013 Top 32

Justin the Big wrote:

I was was thinking of something like that. I think that could work really well. How has it tiurned out in the games you've used it in?

Another one which comes to mind is random monsters/npcs/weather/items and other variables that you could make a table for.

Well, it was a pretty short-term game, I think only 5 sessions or so. Most of the time, people wanted to add the d6, but if someone rolled really crappy (under 10), they usually opted for the d30. Had one person roll a natural 28 and completely annihilated the save DC they needed to hit. Other than that, yeah, it was okay.


JustintheBig wrote:
So does anyone have an in game use for a d30? I bought one because I am a total dork and I'd love to hear other gamers uses for them before I come up with my own.

I recall there was a book full of various tables for use with d30 that came out when the dice were first produced many moons ago... I think I still have it... will rummage through my closet...

Google "d30 tables armory"


Of course, the obvious is "That Time of the Month"! One of my GM years ago used that on an amourous female rogue.

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Opaque d30 Die Red / White All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.