|9 people marked this as a favorite.|
Wow, definitely shows how things can be different for everyone. All my warhammer fantasy and battletech friends have been cool, clean, and fun to be with. Of course warhammer fantasy is now history unfortunately. XD
Sorry to say I am probably the reason for three peoples worst in- game experience. It was pre-pathfinder in the days of living greyhawk in a game store down in lacey,washington.
I had not been able to play very often as the army had different plans for my time and location, but I was finally was able to go. Played my favorite class the ranger for a quick scenario and used the proceeds to buy potions. In the afternoon game I joined a second table with four players, three of which were a group of friends together and a fourth was the keep to himself kind of guy.
1. This dude splits the party and then starts an encounter with just me and him in room. His paladin leaves me to solo the encounter. I get merced of course.
2. Guys Paladin comes back to room after the rest of the party has arrived and defeated the encounter. The other three players are looting the enemy and not paying attention. This is important.
3. Guy asks if my dead character has anything good on him, specifically potions. Now a game is game and I dont let it get to me usually but this dude irritated me to an extent that I let it bother me.
4. The stores owner is a very nice lady and has rules about what you can say in this store, mainly like abstain from anything you would not want a kid to hear, etc. She is nice and usually I respect the environment she sets at the store.
5. So instead of telling him to shove the potions up his a##, I say "yeah dude there is three but they are suppositories." He asks what that means, I say they can tell you and walk off to get a bite to eat. I don't think anything of it and presume he knows I am just being salty.
6. I come back later to the gaming area to see that the game is still going on but all the nearby tables have stopped playing their game and are intently observing this one and laughing hysterically. The GM was in tears holding laughter and the three friends are very much not amused.
7. The fourth guy had triggered multiple encounters and in a panic had began "rendering" the healing potions to the three players. Apparently he had asked what suppositories were and they told him and thought nothing of it. well...........
8.they were not happy to see me after the paladin had pulled their characters pants down mid fight and assisted in keeping them up. It did not get better when I said I did not really mean for him to believe it.
9. I bought dinner for those three dudes later that night.