|moon glum RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8|
|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
In a science fantasy universe without clerics per se, gods could be different from the D&D gods we are used to, because you don't have classes that basically need to have a god to worship. Given that, there might be different categories of gods.
* Old Gods: gods from Golarion's past, e.g. Desna, et al. Sone of these may be losing their power as the memory of them fades, as per 'Who Morns of Adonnis', Star Trek Original Series.
* Iron Gods: Casandralee, Helion, Divinity, et al.
* TNG style Q-beings.
* Elder Gods: Hastar, Asathoth, Yog Sogoth, et al. This category includes include other sorts of ultra powerful, ancient alien beings.
* False Gods: beings that have duped tribes, nations, planets, star sectors into worshiping them. Such belief may or may nor confer magical, divine power, but it certainly confers wealth and worldly power.
* Alien Gods: gods created and worshiped on alien worlds. These would be an alien world's equivalent of an Old God, Elder God, Iron God or False god. Some of these would be unknown until their respective alien worlds were discovered.
Note that these categories overlap, because any being of sufficient power, and knowledge, is indistinguishable from a god to relatively who are relatively impotent and ignorant.