|catdragon RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32|
So I was excited to get this product. I love the OA classes and the psychic stuff. So to dive into this was a joy. Unfortunately several things came to my attentions immediately:
1) it uses rule/races/feats that aren't standard. While i can understand that , especially when trying to advance their own products, it makes it hard to transfer to a different campaign without executive decisions and educated guesswork.
2) uses rules from Ultimate Psionics
3) the stat blocks do not include all the possibilities for a given character. For example, a character that has kinetic blast doesn't have that ability in its stat block
4) the characters aren't very different from one another. For example, almost every single character have Weapon Focus (kinectic blast)
5) the color/info text doesn't match the stat block at times (electric instead of force)
6) each character has nearly the same feat/skill selection (see #4)
7) some characters have feats they do not qualify for
8) and some character have missing feats (ie. they should have x feats but only have x-1 feats in their stat block)
Now I do like the product. I love reading backstory and imaging what i can do with a given character. But i think this Kineticist Codex could have used a better editor and some more creative writer.