Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ

Ughbash's page

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber. 1,255 posts. No reviews. No lists. No wishlists.


RSS

1 to 50 of 1,255 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Kydeem de'Morcaine wrote:

Been having some issues with these lately related to the logic discontinuity and differences in how a particular GM applies them.

  • Knowledge religion (also planes, dungeoneering, nature, and arcana) - PC can roll DC=15+CR check to learn about monsters weaknesses. How exactly is the PC supposed to know that this in particular is an advanced, feral, champion gray render with 8 levels of monk to know what abilities it has. I don't care that he rolled a 20 with a +27 skill modifier. It is a unique creature. That seems way too powerful. However, a different GM says all you can find out about it the base gray render abilities. Of course he doesn't use anything without a template and/or class levels. So it is again a virtually useless skill.
  • You recognize the Grey Render for what it is, by the way it moves or perhaps being slightly larger you can determine it is advanced, the foaming of the mouth makes it feral and champion (is champion a template?) might be picked up by a subtle thing that someone not as well versed in Grey Renders might not have known?

    Nothing says you would recognize its class or level.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Oracle would synergize better.

    You loose channel but since you intend for healing ot be after combat tht is not a problem.

    Mysteries could be used to boost your feats (such as getting heavy armor or some manuevers).

    One other advantage of a cleric over an oracle is the good fort save, but with Gestalt and barbarian you already have a good fort save so no real benefit there.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Kirth Gersen wrote:

    Magic missile in 1e was great because of the 1-segment casting time, and the fact you auto-lost your spell if you took damage while casting it. A duel between archmages sometimes devolved into throwing magic missiles at each other because other spells were too slow to get off.

    It was also nice in 1e because you could wipe out mirror images with it (making the fighter's life easier) and ablate a bunch of hits worth of stoneskin with it (the latter was way better back then as well).

    As TOZ pointed out, the advantages we're left with are extremely situational, which makes it not a top choice for filling a limited number of "spells known" or prepated per day.

    Magic missle was ALSO great in 1st edition for tow other reasons.

    1) HP were much less... after about 9th level most classes stopped getting dice and only got an extra HP or 2 or 3 (for fighters). In first edition an Ancient Red Dragon had 88 hp (11 hd and 8 points per dice for Ancient).

    2) Magic Missle scaling did not stop at level 9. It was 1d4+1 for every 2 levels (if muy memory serves). So a level 29 wizard (top the XP charts went up to) did 15d4 + 15 (average 52.5). This meant 2 MM would take out an Ancient Red Dragon.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    thebigragu wrote:
    So, with three Smites up, using MM against multiple targets, only one of those MMs deals Smite damage?

    Point 1 changing the goal posts since the orignal perosn saying smite and MM was good for one shotting an evil outsider cause each MM did smite damage to the outsider.

    thebigragu wrote:


    Ruling that a Smite only works if you have to roll to hit doesn't make much sense. I can't imagine anyone at my table making that argument.

    Expect table variance, honestly this is the first discussion I have seen where it was considered smite might apply to spells rather then just Physical attacks. At our table smite would not be applicable to MM or to Fireball. Now I am willing to consider we might have been doing it wrong. Smite evil does not seem to specify weapon damage "like bard's inspire courage does".

    However since it does several times mention attack roll, my INITIAL thought would be it requires at the minimum a spell that makes an attack roll.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Orfamay Quest wrote:
    Got FAQ on that? Eoxyn is correct that the wording specifies ALL damage rolls.

    The wording is also part of the smae sentence which refers to adding charisma to the attack roll. Arugably the damage clause goes with the attack clause and since no attack roll with magic missle no damage bonus for smite.

    Now if we do not want to be that pendantic a single spell if say 3rd level does (2d4 +2) to a single target. A Greatsword wielded by a 14 strength paldin does (2d6 +3). Would a third level paladin swing a greatsword do +6 damage since he is rollign 2d6 or +3 damage.

    I argue that it is one damage roll, which has multiuple dice (in both cases) and that the smite is added AT MOST once.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Hendelbolaf wrote:
    LazarX wrote:
    Hendel, he's wanting to use spellcraft without casting any spells for this purpose. So that's a no.

    Wow! I reread it and I do not know how you figured that one out by just reading the op. Obviously LazarX has a much greater Sense Motive than I do (LOL).

    You get a circumstance bonus to sense motive if you read the Title of the thread.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Davor wrote:
    Bard: Versatile Performance :P

    Not quite.

    It allows you to use performance for certain skills, and does give a 2 to 1 ratio, but your base skill points are still based on IQ.

    Lore oracle allows you to use Charisma instead of Int for your Stat mod in Lore skills.

    There is a bardic performance that lets you use Bluff for ANY int skill... (Which is great tehmatically for enchating... trick the universe into letting this item exist).

    But what I am looking for is something that would replace int with charisma for number of skills received when leveling up.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Depending on what is allowed... Charisma can be the most importnat stat in the game.

    Charisma to all saves as a Bonus...Check
    Charisma replacing dex for reflec and AC....Check
    Charisma replacing dex for Initiative....Check
    Charisma to AC.... Check Deflection and Check Dodge.
    Charisma to HP bonus instead of Con....Check.
    Charisma to replace con for Fortitude....Check.

    If yor DM lets youuse an old 3.5 magic item... Charisma to hit and damage....Check.
    If you really focus on it... Charisma rocks :)

    Now I just need to find a way to use Charisma for Skill points :)


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Well since you said it is for a gestalt campaign, I suspect it would be fine.

    I am assuming also a non standard point build :)


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Paizo dropped some verbage that was in 3.5. My thought is it is a Magical Disease.

    3.5 Players Handbook wrote:


    Divine Health (Ex): At 3rd level, a paladin gains immunity to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases (such as mummy rot and lycanthropy).

    So in 3.5 it was a magicalor supernatural disease and paladins were immune.

    Pathfinder Core wrote:


    Divine Health (Ex): At 3rd level, a paladin is immune to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.

    In pathfinder they dropped the examples yet paladins still remain their immunity to supernatural diseases.

    The antipaladin has different wording...

    Advanced Players Guide wrote:


    At 3rd level, the powers of darkness make an antipaladin a beacon of corruption and disease. An antipaladin does not take any damage or take any penalty from diseases. He can still contract diseases and spread them to others, but he is otherwise immune to their effects.

    This does NOT mention supernatural diseases so my reading is that while a Paladin is immune to Lycanthropy, it would effect an Antipaladin fully.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Go Asimarr (Angelkin) for the Favored bonus to a mystery.
    Go Life and have it apply to your channel energy.
    Take Fey Foundling as your first level feat.
    EVENTUALLY get UMD high enough level to pick up charisma to AC/REFLEX.

    Max Charisma, split the rest of your points in Str and Con.

    At level 3 decide between Power Attack and Extra channeling depending on what the first 2 levels of play dictates would be most helpful.

    Not sure if point buy or Rolled stats. Gestalt is often higher Point buy so if 25 point I woudllook at the following stats.

    ST 16 (after +2 racial_
    Dex 8 (At higher level you will not need it)
    Con 14

    Int 10
    Wis 10
    Cha 20 (After +2 racial)

    Go sword and board for the extra tankiness at least at lower level.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Lune wrote:

    This is not a stacking issue. Stacking issues apply to typed bonuses. None of the things involved here give typed bonuses.

    This may seem like a symantics issue but it is not. The question should not be if they stack as this is not a stacking issue. The question is whether they both apply or not.

    ryic: It doesn't matter whether the robes increase your character level or not. This item does not have the "...to a maximum effective druid level equal to your character level." that Boon Companion does.

    With the notation that James Jacobs is not teh rules person. This is similar to the stacking of Magical Trait and Orange ioun stone. I disagree with his answer, I often do disagree with him but his stating it does have some weight on an argument.

    Ask James Jacobs

    His argument here would follow that the bonus extends in the least favorable method (as compared to 3.5 where it went most favorable).


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    notabot wrote:
    Ughbash wrote:
    beej67 wrote:
    thejeff wrote:

    I just have to say that 2 miles/hour is extremely low sailing speed estimate. That seems to be about a worst case scenario (low or unfavorable winds) for ancient Roman or Greek ships. Much of Golarion runs closer to Renaissance tech and should be significantly faster.

    And able to sail closer to the wind, which will help as much as raw speed.

    Edit: That's also assuming there are no magical enhancements to the sailing. Weather control anyone?

    Everything you said is true as well, but the core rules say 2 mph for boats, or 48 miles per day.

    Ultimate combat which has hte lastest vehicle rules says the max speed for a boat is 180' but round?

    So if a roudn is 6 seconds (unless I am misremebering from AD&D 1.0) that is 30 feet per second.

    30 Feet per second is 20 MPH... So the boat would be 10x faster then what you said.

    The average speed of a merchant ship is going to be slow. A cog or caravel is not built for speed, and optimal conditions aren't all that common. Comparing that to the maximum speed possible, perhaps the full rowing power of a military galley, isn't going to produce a reasonable conclusion.

    The current speed of a racing sail boat is higher than 50 knots, but those ships aren't built for cargo and use modern technology.

    Just to be clear the speed listed was for a Galley Page 184 of the Ultimate combat with a carrying capacity of 150 tons.

    My comment was mainly to point that by the rules a ship should be going 20 MPH (Stil WAY less then 50 knots) not 2 MPH.

    My biggest "reality" gripe with the rules would be the acceleration/deceleration rate of 30' per round.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    beej67 wrote:
    thejeff wrote:

    I just have to say that 2 miles/hour is extremely low sailing speed estimate. That seems to be about a worst case scenario (low or unfavorable winds) for ancient Roman or Greek ships. Much of Golarion runs closer to Renaissance tech and should be significantly faster.

    And able to sail closer to the wind, which will help as much as raw speed.

    Edit: That's also assuming there are no magical enhancements to the sailing. Weather control anyone?

    Everything you said is true as well, but the core rules say 2 mph for boats, or 48 miles per day.

    Ultimate combat which has hte lastest vehicle rules says the max speed for a boat is 180' but round?

    So if a roudn is 6 seconds (unless I am misremebering from AD&D 1.0) that is 30 feet per second.

    30 Feet per second is 20 MPH... So the boat would be 10x faster then what you said.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Straight up fight druid 20 wins.

    IF the "druid 8/monk 4/Brother of seal 8" gets a chance to Ambush him Druid 20 dies before he knows what is happening.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Kodger wrote:


    Also, if you are using an item that you've used before, you get +2.

    Not quite.

    It says if you have used it before you get a +2 to activate it blindly. Which is a DC 25 check for using soemthing that you don't know what it is.

    If you are activating the Wand of cure light wounds and you know it is a wand of cure light wounds, the DC is still 20 (which is better then the 23 you would need for activating blindly with a +2).


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Scott Wilhelm wrote:

    I always thought it was stupid, but yeah. The grappled condition reduces your dex bonus, but it doesn't deny you your dex bonus, even when your dex bonus is reduced to 0.

    Getting your dex bonus reduced to 0 is different from being denied your dex bonus.

    When your dex is reduced to 0 you are paralyzed, so you can be sneak attacked or even Coup Degraced.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    And if you disarm while unarmed you can autmatically pick up the weapon... hard to do if you just threw it 15' away.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Sorry I misread what you were orginally saying.

    I thought you were applying old VoP to Mythic characters.

    Rereading I realize you meant give mythic tiers in exchange for no items, and I assume 1 tier for every 2 levels so at 20th they woud lhave mythic 10, but no items.

    Interesting concept, I tend to THINK off the top of my head, they would be a little weaker (though failry balanced).

    20th level char Mythnc tier 10 is CR 25.

    As a rule of thumb, going back to dice freaks, your wealth accoutned for about 1/3rd of your CR. So if you were CR25 but broke you would be about CR17 to CR 18.

    It may however Appeal to certain players, so I would not consider it a problem to do.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Vow of Poverty (with a few rare exceptions) was a trap.

    By 20th level it was Always a trap. You got less out of it then you got from normla wealth by level.

    I SUPPOSE if you waited til 20th level to get it, and used all your wealth on Books first... then you MIGHT come out ahead.

    But other than that it was a trap.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Why does the bard eclipse the rogue?

    So the rogue can hide in shadows.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Kobolds are Dragons.

    Goblins are Vermin.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    I would avoid putting 13 points into strength.

    You take a -2 on strength so the return on investment is just not there.
    If you only go to 13 str you save 6 points and still qualify for power attack.

    Those 6 points I would probably put 3 into Con (16 con) take advantage of your +2 for being a gnome.

    Raise wisdom to at least 8 (a -2 on perception hurts).


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Paladins cast from Charisma not wisdom so you will not need to raise Charisma.

    For suvivability I would look into dropping strength to 12 and raising your con and IQ by 1 (then use the level 4 to increase con to 16).


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Our group uses what we call High Average.

    D6 = 4
    d8 = 5
    d10 = 6
    d12 = 7

    We ALLOW people if they wish to roll to roll however most people choose not to.

    We also use an optional rule from the Beta book. At first level Bonus HP are equal to Con rather then Con Modifier. This makes people more resistant to a single crit killing a character at level 1.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Taenia wrote:

    To be honest the original poster was referring to one of my druids that is Dex based, uses and agile amulet of mighty fists and combines it with wild stoneplate armor. This gives him an AC at 7th at 32 before controlled rage, buff spells or fighting defensively. If he picked up a level of monk instead at 7th it would have been 35 based on wisdom and the dodge feat.

    In regard to his concerns I traded out a feat to be proficient since the only semi-official response from James Jacobs mentions this requirement.j

    Just a note for people who look at quick examples and like to quote them withotu digging deeper.

    At 7th level Your character is likley signifignatly over the recommended wealth by level. There is nothing wrong with that but your case may be an outlier and not something that people normally see.

    Wealth by levle at 7th 23,500
    AOMF Agile (cost 4k assuming no bonuses)
    Wild +1 StonePlate armor 1800 + 150 + 16000 = 17950.

    So just those two items would be using up 21950 of your wealth.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    master_marshmallow wrote:


    I remember back in 3.x this was not the case, and you were only supposed to take the fractional progression based off how many levels of each progression you had. That is, if I have 11 levels, regardless of how many of them are fighter, inquisitor, ranger, or anyone else with a good fort save, my base fort save should be the same as if I had stayed single classed.

    Fractional saves was an OPTIONAL rule back in 3.5 along with Fractional BAB.

    For what it is worth while a Clerc 1/Inquisitor 1/Druid 1/Monk 1 might get good saves by not using fractional rules, he also has a BAB of 0 instead of 3 that he would have using fractional BAB. HE is also casting as a first level character and basically useless to a group.... but he has good saves :) And just think of the Wisdom Synergy....


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    My reading would be that either from of drain would allow the save.

    While there are two separate sentences referring to the drain, the save is mentioned in a third sentence. For it to only refer to the second sentence the second sentence should have used a comma not a period.

    HOWEVER I was not an English major so take my reading with a grain of salt.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Drakkiel wrote:

    He just died...he just fell over dead in front of everyone...in game it's now been six seconds later...as in he's been dead for six seconds...there is no clear indication of how he died...if you would like to try something please tell me what as if I were your GM

    Who is the enemy?

    His wife Maude who suspected he was unfaithful, took out a life insurance policy on him and hired an assassin.

    So she is the enemy even though the assassin did her dirty work :)


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    K177Y C47 wrote:
    sgriobhadair wrote:
    Wizards get more skills (because they put their ability scores into Int instead of Char)
    Sage Sorcerer begs to differ.

    True but sadly sage sorcerors do not get all Knowledge skills as class skill.

    Though taking one level of loremaster helps here. It also delays your 9th and later bonus spells so you get them when you can cast spells one level higer (which I consider a good thing). With the robe of arcane heritage dippling lore master is not a VERY viable option for sage sorceror.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Bloodlines are usually not restricted.

    Eldritch Heritage is never restricted, so yes.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    andreww wrote:
    Ughbash wrote:
    andreww wrote:


    I certainly did not write this as a way to get it banned or nerfed. I wrote it because I was interested in what was actually possible to do with the spell.

    The power of paragon surge is clearly not its in combat ability but the ability to obtain whatever niche spell is needed in any particular situation.

    I was convinced when I wrote it that it was strong. Having used it in a lot of testing since then the versatility it offers in almost incomparable to any other option.

    Well when you start off with a "guide" and then later post:

    andreww wrote:


    Paragon Surge however just needs to be taken out behind the woodshed and "dealt with" Old Yellow style.
    It certainly appears like you wanted it nerfed.
    You might want to look at the dates of the two posts.

    My apologies I did not realize that the thread had been necroed and read it in one day. Given the time lag, I can see you starting out with one view nad later drastically changing it. So please accept my apology for saying it was deceitful and that the entire guide was written with the idea of getting it nerfed.

    I still disagree with it needing to be nerfed for the reasons I stated, but then again our group does tend to run a more high powered game.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Dark Immortal wrote:

    Did someone really just suggest a 14 year old should have anything to do with a motorcycle?

    When I was in 5th to 6th grade most of the kids in the neighborhood had minibikes/motorcycles (caried between 50 and 75 cc). Was a vacant lot with some dirthills that worked as ramps we used to ride on. Yep I think it is great for 14 year olds to learn to ride a motorcycle.

    Problem ot day is kids are pampered and overprotected. Let them make mistakes, let them have fun and htey will surprise you wiht what they are capable of.

    Oh yeah we also had BB guns and noone lost an eye.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    andreww wrote:


    I certainly did not write this as a way to get it banned or nerfed. I wrote it because I was interested in what was actually possible to do with the spell.

    The power of paragon surge is clearly not its in combat ability but the ability to obtain whatever niche spell is needed in any particular situation.

    I was convinced when I wrote it that it was strong. Having used it in a lot of testing since then the versatility it offers in almost incomparable to any other option.

    Well when you start off with a "guide" and then later post:

    andreww wrote:


    Paragon Surge however just needs to be taken out behind the woodshed and "dealt with" Old Yellow style.

    It certainly appears like you wanted it nerfed.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    There is a saying "In Theory, there is no differnce between Practice and Theory. In Practice there is."

    At what level range is it problematic?

    At 6th level when you first get it you have limited 3rd level spells, do you really want to use 2 of your highest level spells to cast one third level spell? Casting it one round later IS faster then a wizard taking 15 min (or 1 min depending on build) to fill a blank slot. BTW with wizards I ALMOST ALWAYS leave a blank spell slot at each level so I can fill it later.

    Which though is better, using 2 third level spells and 2 rounds, or using one third level spell and 15 minutes? Since you have stated out of combat the edge here goes to the wizard though the sorceror CAN fill in. (Most of my wizards spend a lot of their wealth on expanding their spell book).

    How about for Buffing, again the wizard can simply Memorize the spells he wants where the sorcerer may need ot cast this 2 or 3 times and thus start the day with 3 less spells. Advantage Wizard (though not by as much as usual).

    Where this gives the biggest advantage is in combat and at higher level. While you can be perfectly prepared, you are again burning resources (spells) and are putting yourself behind on the Action Economy.

    You can not use it to its fullest until 14 (when you can quicken it).

    I played this in a "Build a level 20" one off campaign. Yes it was very useful, I built my character around it (including spell perfection of it). This let me any round be able to have just the right spell. What I found actually using it in this game (about 4 or 5 sessions) was that I had GREAT versatility, at the cost of not being able to nova. I also found I was using a LOT of 3rd level spells.

    Btw using Spell perfection for this which let me qiucken it for free also had the cost of not allowing me to Perfect other spells which would have gotten more benfit from Perfection due to doubling bonuses. Another tradeoff.

    Is it strong? Yes.
    Is it Overpowered? Not in my opinion, but then we genrally play a higher powered game (25 point build).


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Matrix Dragon wrote:
    And stuff like this is why if my players ever learn that Paragon surge exists I will tell them it is banned, lol. I am a bit of a powergamer and even I pretend this spell doesn't exist.

    Which is a perfectly valid option to have.

    Calling for a nerf (while in my opinion not deserved though others disagree) is also perfectly fine.

    What I dislike is the chicanery involved in writing it up as a "guide" when the intent is to get it nerfed. I expect that sort of duplicity from politicans. You know the ones who crusade against guns while using there Philipino Terorrist connections to run guns and rocket launchers....

    Paragon Surge is powerful, without a doubt. It also has a cost which most peopel forget. You have to cast a spell first "paragon Surge" and then the spell you want so you are taking two rounds to get the spell done. For buffing the only cost is the extra spell, but for in combat you are loosing out on the action economy.

    Now at higher level you CAN quicken the paragon surge, but now you are spending a 7th level slot to do this insead of a third, and you are STILL behind on the action economy as your compatriot may have qucikened a spell and cast another spell.

    Is it powerful, yes absolutley. Have I used it in a game? Yes. I found that I was running out of spells when I used it but it did open up lots of options.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Just an odd thought I had for Magus....

    Magus can nova....

    Use Wayong spell hiunter and magical lineage to reduce the cost of Dimension door twice. YOu can now (at high level qiucken dimension door). Dimensional agilty path to open with a quickened DD and full attack. Ruin the casters day.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    andreww wrote:


    I dont see it as game breaking in the same way that Paragon Surge is but it does distort any sort of balance between different racial options.

    Paragon Surge however just needs to be taken out behind the woodshed and "dealt with" Old Yellow style.

    Well since you are the original author of the guide, and you just clarified your views here. It seems like your whole "guide" was just a thinly veiled attempt to get the spell nerfed.

    Sadly I am not surprised.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Ranger.

    Ranger gives you a good reflex safe, which you are lacking as a cleric, Full Bab, and good skills. I am not sure if the GM will allow rangers to cast or not but if so add limited spell casting to yoru full spell casting.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Cheapy wrote:
    That there's an actual guide to a non-Core spell like this one is a wonderful argument for it being overpowered. Good job with the guide/argument.

    Which unless I miss my guess is the reason the author wrote the "guide".


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    It is interesting you use boots of springing and striding as yoru example, because it is an item which uses these rules.

    The most expensive part of it is +5 Competency on Acrobatics (2500).

    The other part is a +10 movement always on based on the Longstrider spell (2000 x 1.5 for second enchantment) = 3k

    3000 + 2500 = 5,500

    We generally allow it. For example in a campaign I am in my scout type character added two additional spells to elven boots (Both enchanted by the druid in the party). Pass w/o trace and Negate Aroma.

    So 2500 for Elven Boots + 2000 x 1.5 for pass without trace + 2000 x 1.5 for Negate Aroma total cost of 8500.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    And the award for "Necro of the Day" goes to Kchaka for an almost 4 years raise from the dead :)


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Thank You.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    People have at various times claimed that Initiative is an Ability check (off dex) so if you had some ability to reroll an ability check or apply +x to ability checks you could apply it to Initiative.

    Example: For whatever reason, call it divine providence, GoodyTwoShoes the Good Cleric decides to use "Touch of Good" granting a +10 bonus on an Attack Roll, Skill Check, Ability Checks and Saving throws right before iniative was called.

    Does he now get a +10 on initiative?

    If so can you point where in the book it states that Initiative is an ability check? As compaed to an Initiative roll which is modified by among other things once Dex (usualy) stat.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Ahh did they nerf Remorse? it used to take their entire turn away.

    I guess I should check errata more often.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    If you do not mind your GM hating you....

    Terrible Remorse on a wand for your familiar.


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Cleanthes wrote:


    -- Grease (making allies slippery and making foes flat-footed, even if they don't fall)

    I don't believe it makes them flat footed any more (though it did in 3.5 if they had less then 5? ranks in balance).

    Can you link or quote wher it makes them flat footed?


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    And as for neutral or evil does it matter?

    Either one makes the paladin fall :)

    1) Paladin kills people to live... FALL!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    2) Paladin in an act of self sacrafice dies to let the others live.... FALL!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHA He just commited suicide which is definitly falling :)

    So the paladin falls and once more all is good wiht the world :)


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    blahpers wrote:
    Deadmanwalking wrote:
    The lives of sapient beings and non-sapient beings are not equivalent.The first are not morally acceptable to kill for food, the second are.
    Oh? Those are bold claims. Upon what basis do they stand?

    Because BACON!!!!!!


    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Here is an analogy again explaing the differnce between unarmed strikes and grappling.

    If you enchant a stardard shield to +5 the entire shield is enchanted and it gives you +5 to AC but not to hit.

    If you use an AOMF +5, it gives you a +5 to hit with an unarmed strike, but not a grapple.

    The enchantment is specific to hitting (striking) the opponent not to grappling (or bull rushing) the opponent.

    1 to 50 of 1,255 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.