About Tshilaba Vadoma
Tshilaba Vadoma- Telekineticist
HP: 12/12, Burn: 0/6
Traits: Best Friend: Sandru, Bred for War, Vagabond Child
20 Background Questions:
-Background: Having grown up in a caravan full varisian rogues, he grew up stealing to survive. Eventually he became interested in the Harrow, and spent a few years crafting harrow decks for some of his favorite fortune tellers. He aspires to be a fortune teller himself, but he isn’t terribly good at it. Recently he left his caravan due to finding his girlfriend in bed with another guy. Looking for a new place to be, he came to Sandpoint because his buddy Sandru, whom he met on the road, lived there and they often had a good time together in the past.
-Personality: Tshilaba is gregarious, whimsical and impulsive. He’ll often jump into dangerous situations and speak his mind whether or not it’s useful. He’s also fairly gullible, but will play off mistakes as jokes if he can, which he’s actually pretty good at doing.
-Appearance: He’s a fairly tall Varisian man, slim build, stereotypical dress with brown hair and brown eyes and tan skin. He has a pleasant countenance, often smiling slightly and engages with people directly with a bit of disregard to personal space.
What is your character’s name? Tshilaba Vadoma
20 Deep Questions:
These are the fundamentals, the broadest strokes. Every character should have answers to these five, including NPCs. It’s the quickest way to give the sense of a full individual instead of a cardboard stereotype.
1. What emotion best describes your character? Whimsy. Tshilaba is pleasantly chaotic.
2. What emotion does your character evoke in others? Incredulity. Some will patronize him, some will be annoyed that anyone could possibly believe him, and then he’ll do something that sort of defies explanation.
3. What does your character need most? Tshilaba needs transformation. He thinks an adventure will do the trick. He cannot make a living at being such a poor fortuneteller, and he knows no other trades, nor has a particular skill. He’d be a decent roguish character, but he has a bad taste in his mouth about stealing from regular people, so something has to give. He’s willing to throw himself into the unknown to make that happen, although he himself is not sure of the outcome.
4. What is your character’s goal in life? Tshilaba wants to be taken seriously. He wants to be used by the hand of fate to direct the course of people’s lives. And he wants a girlfriend.
5. How does your character believe this goal can be accomplished? He’s a fly by the seat of your pants kind of person. He has no idea how things can be accomplished, but he figures the cards are his method of doing things properly. They’ve told him that changes need to happen, and so that’s what he’s going to do. Make changes from what he has been doing and take it from there.
6. Where did your character come from? Tshilaba grew up in a caravan, acting as a bit of a commune, there was no regular familial structure. He was fairly certain who his mother was, but she left the caravan to marry a nice merchant in Korvosa and have an easy life.
7. When did you grow up? As a boy, he had to take care of himself from the start. Caravan life is fairly unforgiving, and he had to do what he could to survive. He picked pockets, snuck into houses, and lifted pies from windowsills as far back as he could remember.
8. What values does your character hold? Tshilaba holds the harrow, fate, and family to be sacred. Family is the one he understand the least in his own mind because he’s only ever seen it from the outside, but he probably has a very tenuous grasp of all three. He has fooled himself into believing that the Harrow has told him to do many things, but it’s likely he’s just interpreted it to mean things he already believed in.
He is opposed to mistreatment of the weak, cheating on your partner, and stagnation. This mostly comes due to his own mistreatment as a child, the fact he was cheated on by a girl who said she was his but never gave herself to him and his own unrest on who he currently is.
9. How does your character dress? Tshilaba is dressed like a common Varisian from head to toe. He wears a red head scarf, beads in his longish hair, earrings and even a gold tooth. He wears Studded Leather and a silk shirt with long sleeves and some pewter rings. A wide belt covers his waistline and loose breeches are tucked into his leather boots. He is often smiling, although he isn’t confident in his facial hair yet, so he keeps himself clean shaven.
10. What are your character’s means? Tshilaba has unwavering faith in fate, and it makes him strong when he really doesn’t have any idea what fate really wants from him or to what end is he destined. He has some skill as a rogue, and isn’t above doing things underhandedly to get the job done.
11. What are your character’s personal tastes? Tshilaba loves athletic thin women, red wine over any pale drinks, spicy food and lively music. He is also fascinated with painting arts, and loves to craft Harrow Cards from scratch, sometimes making his own paper. Whenever he’s bored, he’ll often work on that. He hates watered down alcohol, cheating on your lover and half done projects.
12. What are your character’s opinions? He believes you shouldn’t steal from poor people, gods are just richer and more powerful than the rich and powerful, and slavery doesn’t really help anyone.
13. What is your character’s comfort zone? Tshilaba loves a party, but is generally comfortable in any environment. He loves the outdoors, although he prefers viewing it from the back of a wagon. He doesn’t really like being wet, but it’s more of a preference that he won’t really go very far out of his way to avoid.
14. Who has had the biggest impact on your character’s life? Unazalina the fortune teller has the most impact on him. He believes she and Fate had a fling a while back, and has some fond memories and the occasional hook up from time to time. It’s probably why he’s stuck with the harrow all this time despite being fairly bad at doing it and not really connected with it in the way that most people expect.
15. What are some of your character’s unexpected quirks? Though he loves money and is exceptionally good at negotiation, he’s surprisingly bad at math and counting. Also, though he takes great care in the making of his cards, he cannot cook for the life of him. Also, he tried a garden once and killed every plant.
16. What kind of story does your character belong in? High fantasy, Horror, Romance, he’s a roguish type that can fill a comedic role in most groups and stories.
17. What role does your character fill? Tshilaba is a face, a trap disabler (but not a spotter, unless that’s needed) and a debuffer in combat. He will be doing some damage, but later on he’ll be pushing Combat Maneuvers, Scouting, and other similar skills
18. What should the other players know about your character? He will likely develop a crush, most likely with a player character, because that’s more fun. He’s fairly charming, but is willing to play a bit fast and loose with the truth. He’ll help out anyone in a pinch, and likes to tease other players, usually more so if they’re stuck up.
19. What is your play style? I like to roleplay, preferably with my fellow players and not the GM because they often have a lot on their plate, but I’ll still do it. I like my games to move as well, so I don’t mind doing further role play in spoilers as the action moves on. I like making effective characters and getting them so they are good at their field, because succeeding is more fun than failure to me. I like having flaws in my characters so that other people have room to shine. I’ll often write long paragraphs about internal struggles and often talk about what’s going on in my character’s head even though I expect the other players not to act on that stuff unless they’re playing an intuitive character. I will often optimize to my concept and often play fast and loose with minor details.
20. How do you want your character to die? I want Tshilaba to win. I want him to be a hero. He can die protecting the weak, the girl he loves, or even of old age.
-Who are you and how are you doing? Oterisk. Father of four, holder of two jobs, expecting child in... one week.
-How often do you tend to post? 5 times a week, but quality stuff if I can help it.
-What kind of tone are you looking for in this game? C#
-What do you expect out of your fellow players? Not to run off.
-What do you expect out of me (the GM)? Communication.
-What is your comfort zone? Where's the line for you in RP terms? PG 13, I like to keep the naughty bits under wraps.
-How do you see your character progressing as a character? I expect some hijinks and perhaps some romance, and a few soul searching moments.
CG Magus Card Caster/Eldrich Scion- Human (Varisian)
14, 20, 11, 13, 7, 16
HP: 8/8, Eldritch Pool: 3/4
Traits: Rough and Ready (Cards), Rescued (Shalelu), Fast Talker
Stuff: 2 Fortune Telling Card Decks, Quality, 1 Fortune Telling Card Deck, Masterwork, Studded Leather, Acid Flask x2, Artisan Tools: Cards