Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Cayden Cailean

TriOmegaZero's page

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber. FullStarFullStarFullStarFullStarFullStar Pathfinder Society GM. 25,553 posts (33,275 including aliases). 10 reviews. 1 list. 1 wishlist. 16 Pathfinder Society characters. 36 aliases.


1 to 50 of 5,145 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Umbranus wrote:
But I can't stay away from stating: Again without name calling, I have been shocked by some names I had to read around here, while others were not written down.

In much the same way that some enjoy both 4E and Pathfinder, while others only enjoy 3.5, so too does our enjoyment of people differ.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

PFS will devour your social life.

Shadow Lodge *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, I did want to let people know with enough time in advance for just such reasons. ;)

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I enjoy grandiloquent discourse.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Don't let them in, don't let them see:
Ciretose apparently got too vociferous in the ACG play test for the Warpriest I think, and was banned. He sent me a farewell email letting me know what happened. I ran a PFS game for him back in December and that was the last I heard from him.

Nicos wrote:
- Toz because, well, Toz.

Quite often the best reason ever.

Also, shout out to our GLORIOUS FORUM OVERLORDS especially the one that gives cookies.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey, where did the OP go?

Andoran *****

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Guess who is coming to town...

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It IS hard to avoid me.

Kryzbyn wrote:
Where is Ciretose?

Banned. We shouldn't dwell on it.

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Most of my favorites have been listed, so I'll mention Conman the Bardbarian as one that matches my sense of sarcasm. Mikaze is also love.

Hitdice is also pretty cool. And I was almost remiss enough to forget to mention our evil president. Evil Lincoln is a pillar of our community.

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Jiggy wrote:
About internet access?

Nah, about dirty munchkins.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Baxcel wrote:
But the race became legal... Where crafting has not

And now it is becoming illegal again.

Also, you're wrong. Gunslingers and alchemists get limited crafting.

Shadow Lodge *****

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Baxcel wrote:

Let's see going down the list... I always play the lower levels there some of the funniest ones I've been in

Never changed my chr sence its my mistake if I've done something wrong...

There's no point in lieing about a roll.. The rolls are there in front of everyone an the entire game is rolls why lie?

Missing the forest because of the trees.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
DM Beckett wrote:
The thing about Kitsune is they just beg to be "unique little snowflake" characters. The kind thats all about RP (as long as its about them and how cool/special they are and the spotlights on them).

This is something I've heard about aasimar and tieflings for a long time as well.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm trying really hard to place myself in your shoes and see your perspective on the campaign, but I am failing at it. I hope that you can find a campaign that suits your preferences, be it organized or private.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Baxcel wrote:
No because those rules are preset... Any rule made after is agreed upon by the group... This is a rule change an was not agreed apon by the society as a whole

Pathfinder Society rules are not subject to democratic votes. As a living campaign, the decision to change the rules lies solely with the campaign coordinators. As part of a social community they listen to player feedback, but are under no compulsion to comply with it. This may cause a loss of customers, but they have taken that into consideration before announcing this change.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Baxcel wrote:
No my point is if piazo is not the ones making the rules for its society gameplay why should I have to follow this new rule? If the company that owns it all dosnt make the decision then the rules are not true to the game...

Do you get to ignore your GMs houserules because he is not Paizo?

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Baxcel wrote:
You skipped the main part of my question... Who makes the rules in society of its not piazo?

Because you effectively have different GMs for each.

Jason and Stephen and the other developers make the rules for Pathfinder. They set the rules for the whole game.

John and Mike and other campaign staff make the adjustments for the organized campaign. That involves banning certain options, adding houserules to ensure a similar feel from game to game, and making sure PCs come from a similar starting point.

Why would you say your home GM running his campaign is different from Paizo and that Mike and John running the organized campaign is not? Simply because they are employed to oversee the campaign?

*****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
w01fe01 wrote:
i guess in that regard, Ultimate Combat probably.

Done.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I've gotten into dispel wars with darkness users. They tend to die before I run out of spell slots to throw daylight with.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I just use the fluff to inform my roleplay of characters from there.

Andoran *****

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Barker wrote:
That's because your customers are spending their money elsewhere on other products...that might be a bad example for Paizo.

That's what customers do. That's why Paizo puts out different product. If this choice actually causes a significant change in Paizo's revenue, and can actually be linked to that change, I'm sure Mike and John will revisit the decision.

However, I believe that much like when the sythesist and undead lord and other options were removed, people will just play other things and carry on with their lives. We will see if I am wrong.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Barker wrote:
I've even heard players who don't normally play them getting ready to make "grandfather reservations just in case I want to make one in the future."

Sounds like things are working as intended.

Shadow Lodge *****

2 people marked this as a favorite.
HowlingWolf wrote:
Can we expect these new races to be banned in the future? Should we warn new players to only use content from the core books, just to be safe?

Yes. If they are only buying the books to get access to content for PFS, and not to enjoy the book as a Pathfinder supplement, you should warn them to only play core rulebook options in order to avoid disappointment and useless books in their library.

Andoran *****

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Just remember, it is a different game than you have been playing, and look for the good things you enjoy in it rather than dwelling on how it is different from what you are used to.

Andoran *****

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Azzure Chuk Chuk wrote:
The whole reason this exemption was made was for players who have not yet played these races, who have limited play opportunities, or have only recently started playing pfs?
Blog wrote:
Does this mean you can create several new characters, play a scenario with each, and have several native outsiders waiting for when you need them? Well, we debated long and hard whether to require 4 XP per character, as at that point one is past the free rebuilding stage. However, we also recognized this as unnecessarily punitive to casual players who may only be able to play once or twice in the next month.

I don't see anything that would suggest players of current aasimar/tieflings should be punished.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
BigNorseWolf wrote:
Well here's the question, when does the retraining take place? At the end of session 1? In the nebulous time between scenarios when the player does the lion king thing? When its actually played ?
GtPFSOP pg10 wrote:
Changes may only be made between adventures and before playing as a character above 1st level.

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm also curious as to how I can get a hold of a Hellfire Wisp promo mini as well.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Have you actually filled out the boon yet? If not, you can save it for when they are no longer open again.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
BigNorseWolf wrote:
If they're worried about my printer ink, lose the 2 ink guzzling pages of adds in the back.

...why do you print the ads?

Shadow Lodge *****

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Redneck GM wrote:
From a mechanics stand point the power level of the player base will be way cut back.

They're banning gunslingers and summoners too?

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Mark Stratton wrote:
How do you calculate that you lost 18 play options?

Counting separate aasimar and tiefling heritages as separate races, due to the myriad differences in stats.

I actually agree with the removal, although I would rather have seen the heritages removed from the additional resources. That would have made the grandfathering process much more complicated than need be however.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Mounted Tradition boons?

Shadow Lodge *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Which doesn't contradict what I said. :P

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Gninjas are not overpowered and anyone that says so has no system mastery or knowledge of game design and balancing.

Andoran

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Aranna wrote:
This is certainly also true. And it is the source of the unfairness in point buy. If two players are playing the same concept and one of them doesn't wish to buy down their stats while the other one is eager to buy down his stats it results in a situation where the player buying down has more points to spend on his primary attributes than his sidekick who didn't.

How is that unfair, unless the players did not know the consequences of their actions? They both had the same opportunity to suck or suck worse.

Shadow Lodge *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.

You kind of have to have a different filter for the sites I frequent.

Shadow Lodge *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
BigNorseWolf wrote:
You've got a month, and the Pathfinder society online collective ought to have a "Tiefling Aasimar confirmation crazy congo line" set up soon if it doesn't already.

Oh, it already does.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Drogon wrote:
No, but they're certainly not going to hear, "You're right, we're wrong, and we're changing everything back and giving you all puppies, too," which IS what they want to hear. Letting them continue to fling their anger about without any word against them is hardly appealing to most of us, I suspect.

I need a citation of where this is happening before I accept it.

Expressing disappointment doesn't match what you claim is happening.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Tempest_Knight wrote:

By the definition of the word 'standard' this would make watermarked boons non-standard.

-

Please cite where you are getting the idea that the Kickstarter boon is NOT in a separate category.

So you have no ruling to refer to that states water-marked boons are illegal for trade, so you want me to find a rule stating that they are legal for trade?

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Kyle Baird wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
What do boon-only races have to do with people feeling upset that they missed their chance at non-boon options?
It's a good thing they still have a month to play a 2 hour game of We Be Goblins to get that 1 xp for their character.

Yes, we were speaking of the time after that. Or at least I was. Try to keep up, Baird. :P

Personally, I'm using First Steps because We Be Goblins only grants 1 PP. ;)

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

What do boon-only races have to do with people feeling upset that they missed their chance at non-boon options?

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
andreww wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
andreww wrote:
Majuba wrote:
*floating on air at the removal of Tieflings and Aasimar*

I have to ask, why would you take quite such delight in the removal of options which other people clearly enjoy? Seems like a bit of a dick move to me.

The same reason you take delight in the addition of options which other people clearly do not enjoy.
Where did I do that?

That was the general you, not the specific.

Andoran

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Aranna wrote:
Yes and no. By going suboptimal you are accepting a character who won't perform as well. Not many people want to be less effective. So you are kind of stuck with the optimal set.

But not everyone agrees on what is optimal. There may be an optimal set, but plenty of people disagree with that set for one reason or another. They may be wrong about it but that is irrelevant to the fact that their disagreement will make them choose differently than the optimal set.

I personally can't stand having stats below 10 on my characters. So while it might be optimal to drop my warrior's Cha and Int to 7, I will never do it. Other people will. So our cookie cutters will be different.

Andoran *****

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
andreww wrote:
Majuba wrote:
*floating on air at the removal of Tieflings and Aasimar*

I have to ask, why would you take quite such delight in the removal of options which other people clearly enjoy? Seems like a bit of a dick move to me.

The same reason you take delight in the addition of options which other people clearly do not enjoy.

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Looking forward to the modular quest system!

Andoran *****

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm a little concerned by the vibe I'm getting that players 'never give back to the society'.

Game days don't happen without players. I didn't get these stars by myself.
If a player gets one star and never GMs again, I don't have any problem with a rule that rewards him as well.

1 to 50 of 5,145 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.