Our group wiped last game and we all created new level 9 characters. I'll be playing with a barbarian, a rogue, a 2 handed ranger and a zen archer.
So, yeah, no arcane, no divine.
I decided to fill in as a divine caster, and also help with AoE damage that we sorely lack. Never tried Fire Oracle, so went for it.
I plan to have a big initiative, throw a Fireball at the beginning of the fight, then heal or blast as needed. I know blasting isn't that optimal without a dip in sorcerer but, hey, still sounds fun.
Soooo, here's my question. I have A LOT of feats that I plan to take, and only 6 feats (5 for level 9, 1 for human).
In no specific order:
- Elemental spell (acid): for those pesky immune, seems mandatory, and might come up too often for me to just get a wand.
- Intensify Spell: Useful for Burning Hands, somewhat useful for Fireball if it's my specialized spell, and WILL be useful in the near future anyway.
- Empower Spell: Especially useful on Fireball, considering I'm taking Magic Lineage.
- Spell focus (Evocation): Self explanatory
- Spell Penetration OR Piercing Spell (dunno which one would be better)
- Spell Specialization (fireball) and/or Varysian tattoo.
- Improved Initiative.
I wanna go first on most cases, so Improved Init seems a given. Same with Empower. So I'm stuck deciding between 7 feats and 4 slots. And I might have missed some other stuff as well.
So, hey, any advice to make me a happy blaster (slash) bandaid (slash) divine caster ?
Thanks a lot ;)