Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Hezzilreen the Cunning

The Drunken Dragon's page

Pathfinder Society Member. 560 posts. 1 review. No lists. No wishlists.



Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Add Hardcover: $39.99

Add PDF: $9.99

Add Non-Mint: $39.99 $29.99

A Good Buy

****( )

After reading through this book, I think it would be fair to say it was definitely worth the wait and the 40+ dollars to buy it. The art is good, although some is recycled from old books, though this is a rare circumstance and the art is still good, and the new art is amazing too. Much of the information the book provides is incredibly helpful and really expands the options players have for playing unique races. They seem to have really put a lot of thought in this.

If i have one complaint, its this. While a lot of the feats and spells do help make the races feel true to the material, I can't possibly see a use for many of them, even for NPCs. Many and more of them either duplicate the effects of other abilities or aren't very balanced. Still, this is a minor compliant at best, since while, I'd say, 10% of the books new rules might be considered to be of limited use, that still leaves 90% useful and interesting material. If you're are a GM and into Pathfinder, I definitely recommend this. If you're a player who wants to experiment with playing a race other than the main 7, or even play one of the 7 in a more interesting way, I also definitely recommend this.



©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.