About Tenoch Itzcoatl
Favored class: Paladin (1-skill)
Init +1 ; Senses Darkvision 60', Perception -1
Skill points: 4 (2 +1 INT +1 favored)/lvl
Languages Common, Orc, Goblin
Encumbrance 89 lbs (100 lbs=light; 200 lbs=medium; 300 lbs=heavy)
_5.0 Trail Rations x5 (2.5 gp)
Cash 3 gp 7 sp
• DIEHARD (General): When your hit point total is below 0, but you are not dead, you automatically stabilize. You do not need to make a Constitution check each round to avoid losing additional hit points. You may choose to act as if you were disabled, rather than dying. You must make this decision as soon as you are reduced to negative hit points (even if it isn't your turn). If you do not choose to act as if you were disabled, you immediately fall unconscious. When using this feat, you are staggered. You can take a move action without further injuring yourself, but if you perform any standard action (or any other action deemed as strenuous, including some swift actions, such as casting a quickened spell) you take 1 point of damage after completing the act. If your negative hit points are equal to or greater than your Constitution score, you immediately die.
• ENDURANCE (General): You gain a +4 bonus on the following checks and saves: Swim checks made to resist nonlethal damage from exhaustion; Constitution checks made to continue running; Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march; Constitution checks made to hold your breath; Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from starvation or thirst; Fortitude saves made to avoid nonlethal damage from hot or cold environments; and Fortitude saves made to resist damage from suffocation. You may sleep in light or medium armor without becoming fatigued.
• OMEN (Faith): You are the harbinger of some future event. Whether this event bodes good or ill, you exude an ominous presence. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Intimidate checks, and Intimidate is always a class skill for you. Once per day, you may attempt to demoralize an opponent as a swift action.
• THE FIREDRAKE (Star Sign): A firedrake is the old name for a dragon, specifically one who breathes flame. This sign symbolizes the searing heat of summer. It also calls to mind the dim memory of the time when dragons would visit the towns of men to receive tribute; this would always be in the seventh month, as the herds and crops were at their fullest then, allowing for the greatest plunder. Those born Firedrakes are difficult to read; they conceal deep thoughts behind placid faces and can smolder with resentment for years before taking action. They are usually rational and calm, though they can break into furious fits of passion when provoked or stirred. +2 luck bonus to Armor Class for one round or +1 luck bonus to Armor Class for three rounds.
• AURA OF GOOD (Ex): The power of a paladin's aura of good (see the detect good spell) is equal to her paladin level.
• DETECT EVIL (Sp): At will, a paladin can use detect evil, as the spell. A paladin can, as a move action, concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is evil, learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds. While focusing on one individual or object, the paladin does not detect evil in any other object or individual within range.
• SMITE EVIL (Su): Once per day, a paladin can call out to the powers of good to aid her in her struggle against evil. As a swift action, the paladin chooses one target within sight to smite. If this target is evil, the paladin adds her Cha bonus (if any) to her attack rolls and adds her paladin level to all damage rolls made against the target of her smite. If the target of smite evil is an outsider with the evil subtype, an evil-aligned dragon, or an undead creature, the bonus to damage on the first successful attack increases to 2 points of damage per level the paladin possesses. Regardless of the target, smite evil attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess. In addition, while smite evil is in effect, the paladin gains a deflection bonus equal to her Charisma modifier (if any) to her AC against attacks made by the target of the smite. If the paladin targets a creature that is not evil, the smite is wasted with no effect. The smite evil effect remains until the target of the smite is dead or the next time the paladin rests and regains her uses of this ability. At 4th level, and at every three levels thereafter, the paladin may smite evil one additional time per day, as indicated on Table: Paladin, to a maximum of seven times per day at 19th level.
• CHAIN FIGHTER: Some half-orcs have escaped from slavery and reforged the chains of their imprisonment into deadly weapons. Half-orcs with this racial trait are proficient with flails and heavy flails, and treat dire flails and spiked chains as martial weapons. This racial trait replaces weapon familiarity.
• DARKVISION: Half-orcs can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
• ORC BLOOD: Half-orcs count as both humans and orcs for any effect related to race.
• SACRED TATTOO: Many half-orcs decorate themselves with tattoos, piercings, and ritual scarification, which they consider sacred markings. Half-orcs with this racial trait gain a +1 luck bonus on all saving throws. This racial trait replaces orc ferocity.
• SHAMAN'S APPRENTICE: Only the most stalwart survive the years of harsh treatment that an apprenticeship to an orc shaman entails. Half-orcs with this trait gain Endurance as a bonus feat. This racial trait replaces the intimidating trait.
The half-orc was curled up in a cage, manacled and laying in its own filth, a failure... a slave... doomed... He had suffered much hardship. Being bullied by the pure bloods for being a half-breed, followed by suffering under the cruel yoke of his shaman master and, when he failed at that, feeling the whip of the hobgoblin slavers. He even failed at that and was now set to die in the morning in one long torturous ritual that would be a teachable moment to the other slaves on the punishment for failure.
He now looked up at the clear night sky through the bars of the cage, knowing this would be the last he would see of them. Not that he had ever had much use for looking at them before, but now, with his death swiftly approaching, he found them beautiful. He sighed dejectedly. Now that he was doomed, he wanted to live. It didn't matter what hardships he would face, what thing whoever could save him would want, even his tainted soul, he would offer. Done, the voice slammed through his head dazing him. Shaking his head to clear it, he looked up. A light was forming in the middle of one of the constellations. Getting larger... no closer... something was falling. The half-orc whimpered, chained and unable to move, as he realized it was heading directly towards him. His cry of terror was cut off early as the meteor slammed through his cage and into him.
The shock of the impact was incredible, clods of dirt sent flying, a haze of dust rising into the air. Everything was silent for a moment before the crickets began chirping and a sense of normalcy returned. The dust settled, revealing a huge crater where the cage had been. A smoking hole, slowly being surrounded by dumbfounded hobgoblin slavers, their former slave seemingly obliterated.