About Takeshi Kaijitsu
Human Magus (Kensai) 4
hp 26 (8+5+8+1 +1 con/lvl)
Ranged Light Crossbow +5 1d8 19-20/x2
Special Enlarged (-2 AC, +1/+2 damage, Katana 2d8, Reach 10')
Ranks: 24 (2 +3 int +1 human)/lvl
Acrobatics 4, Climb 1, Intimidate 3, Knowledge (arcana) 1, Knowledge (dungeoneering) 1, Knowledge (planes) 1, Perception 4, Spellcraft 4, Swim 1, Use Magic Device 4
Traits Magical Lineage (Shocking Grasp), Younger Sibling
Languages Common, Draconic, Tien
Combat Gear mwk Katana
Spells Known +2
Encumbrance 51 lbs (<=76 Light)
Cash 284.19 gp
Books, paper, and writing supplies
Clothing and accessories
Food & Drink
Hunting, Camping and Survival Gear
Tools and Kits
• CRANE STYLE: You take only a –2 penalty on attack rolls for fighting defensively. While using this style and fighting defensively or using the total defense action, you gain an additional +1 dodge bonus to your Armor Class.
• DODGE: You gain a +1 dodge bonus to your AC. A condition that makes you lose your Dex bonus to AC also makes you lose the benefits of this feat.
• IMPROVED UNARMED STRIKE: You are considered to be armed even when unarmed—you do not provoke attacks of opportunity when you attack foes while unarmed. Your unarmed strikes can deal lethal or nonlethal damage, at your choice.
• WEAPON FOCUS (Katana): You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using a Katana.
• ARCANE POOL (5 +1 favored class): At 1st level, the magus gains a reservoir of mystical arcane energy that he can draw upon to fuel his powers and enhance his weapon. This arcane pool has a number of points equal to 1/2 his magus level (minimum 1) + his Intelligence modifier. The pool refreshes once per day when the magus prepares his spells.
At 1st level, a magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as a swift action to grant any weapon he is holding a +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute. For every four levels beyond 1st, the weapon gains another +1 enhancement bonus, to a maximum of +5 at 17th level. These bonuses can be added to the weapon, stacking with existing weapon enhancement to a maximum of +5. Multiple uses of this ability do not stack with themselves.
At 5th level, these bonuses can be used to add any of the following weapon properties: dancing, flaming, flaming burst, frost, icy burst, keen, shock, shocking burst, speed, or vorpal.
Adding these properties consumes an amount of bonus equal to the property’s base price modifier. These properties are added to any the weapon already has, but duplicates do not stack. If the weapon is not magical, at least a +1 enhancement bonus must be added before any other properties can be added. These bonuses and properties are decided when the arcane pool point is spent and cannot be changed until the next time the magus uses this ability. These bonuses do not function if the weapon is wielded by anyone other than the magus.
A magus can only enhance one weapon in this way at one time. If he uses this ability again, the first use immediately ends.
• CANNY DEFENSE: When wearing light or no armor and not using a shield, a Kensai adds 1 point of Intelligence bonus (if any) per magus class level to his Dexterity bonus to modify Armor Class while wielding a melee weapon. If a kensai is caught flat-footed or otherwise denied his Dexterity bonus, he also loses this bonus.
• MAGUS ARCANA: As he gains levels, a magus learns arcane secrets tailored to his specific way of blending martial puissance and magical skill. Starting at 3rd level, a magus gains one magus arcana. He gains an additional magus arcana for every three levels of magus attained after 3rd level. Unless specifically noted in a magus arcana’s description, a magus cannot select a particular magus arcana more than once. Magus arcana that affect spells can only be used to modify spells from the magus spell list unless otherwise noted.
=== : The magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as a swift action to grant himself an insight bonus equal to his Intelligence bonus on all attack rolls until the end of his turn.
• PERFECT STRIKE (Ex): At 4th level, when a kensai hits with his chosen weapon, he can spend 1 point from his arcane pool in order to maximize his weapon damage. Don’t roll for damage—the weapon deals maximum damage. This affects only the weapon’s base damage dice, not additional damage from sneak attack, magical weapon properties, spellstrike, or critical hits. If the kensai confirms a critical hit, he can instead spend 2 points from his arcane pool to increase his weapon’s critical multiplier by 1. This ability replaces spell recall.
• SPELL COMBAT: At 1st level, a magus learns to cast spells and wield his weapons at the same time. This functions much like two-weapon fighting, but the off-hand weapon is a spell that is being cast. To use this ability, the magus must have one hand free (even if the spell being cast does not have somatic components), while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand. As a full-round action, he can make all of his attacks with his melee weapon at a –2 penalty and can also cast any spell from the magus spell list with a casting time of 1 standard action (any attack roll made as part of this spell also takes this penalty). If he casts this spell defensively, he can decide to take an additional penalty on his attack rolls, up to his Intelligence bonus, and add the same amount as a circumstance bonus on his concentration check. If the check fails, the spell is wasted, but the attacks still take the penalty. A magus can choose to cast the spell first or make the weapon attacks first, but if he has more than one attack, he cannot cast the spell between weapon attacks.
• SPELLSTRIKE: At 2nd level, whenever a magus casts a spell with a range of “touch” from the magus spell list, he can deliver the spell through any weapon he is wielding as part of a melee attack. Instead of the free melee touch attack normally allowed to deliver the spell, a magus can make one free melee attack with his weapon (at his highest base attack bonus) as part of casting this spell. If successful, this melee attack deals its normal damage as well as the effects of the spell. If the magus makes this attack in concert with spell combat, this melee attack takes all the penalties accrued by spell combat melee attacks. This attack uses the weapon’s critical range (20, 19–20, or 18–20 and modified by the keen weapon property or similar effects), but the spell effect only deals ×2 damage on a successful critical hit, while the weapon damage uses its own critical modifier. See FAQ/Errata at right for more information.
Takeshi Kaijitsu was born two years after the scandal that occurred with the birth of his half-brother Tsuto. It was a loveless marriage at that point, Takeshi having been conceived during one of the many occasions that Lonjiku, seething with rage at having been cuckolded, had forced himself upon Atsuii.
Takeshi grew up in a household where conversation was minimal. The only one who hadn't neglected Takeshi was his older sister Ameiko, who was the only shining light in the dreary home. That was until Ameiko left home after an argument with Tsuto. Shortly afterwards, Takeshi became depressed and started acting up. After several beatings did not fix things, Lonjiku sent Takeshi away to the Turandarok Academy. Although his half-brother Tsuto was there as well, they never talked. Tsuto particularly cold with anything relating to his father.
It was at the academy where Takeshi learned arcane knowledge and found an exotic weapon, purpordedly from Tien, in the collection. The katana piqued his interest and Olsoari, the headmaster, offered him the opportunity to try it out, if he would spend time at the House of Blue Stones to calm his mind. The ploy worked, and Takeshi became a model student of both the arcane arts and of the martial, in the katana.
He was at the academy a year later when he heard of his mother's death. The death brought Ameiko back to the city, but, with the circumstances, it was not a happy reunion. During the funeral, Tusto and Lonjiku got into a heated argument which resulted in Tsuto leaving the city.
Takeshi visited her sister in her new tavern when he could, hoping to hear talks of her adventures, but she was reserved on the subject and warned him away from the idea of being an adventurer. Still, it was good that they could be together again, even for the short periods of their visits. Years passed and Takeshi decided to go the Arcanamirium in Absalom to complete his training in the arcane and magical arts. He kept in touch with his sister through letters. He was horrified to learn of the goblin attack on Sandpoint, it's causes, and the resulting chaos but was releived his sister was well.
Once Takeshi graduated, he decided he would head home to properly catch up with his siter.
Total XP: 10348
001 - Goblins = 228
002 - Faceless stalker = 360
003 - Soggy River Monster = 140
004 - Goblins @ village = 270
005 - Giant Leech = 120
006 - Goblin village = 899
Relationship XP: 800
1: Weapon Focus (Ken), Dodge (Hum), Improved Unarmed Strike (1st)
3: Crane Style (3rd)
5: Arcane Strike/Extra Arcane Pool (5th), Intensify Spell (Mag)
7: Crane Wing (7th)
9: Weapon Specialization (9th)
11: Crane Riposte (11th), Greater Weapon Focus (Mag)
15: Greater Weapon Specialization (15th)
17: (17th), (Mag)