Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Member of Church of Razmir

TOZ's page

7,823 posts. Alias of TriOmegaZero.


RSS

1 to 50 of 7,823 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

...

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I could rock a Farglehorn.

Shadow Lodge

Smite the necromancer!

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I advocate just letting your players pick their characters stats and stop wasting time with arcane rolling methods or purchase formulas.

Shadow Lodge *****

*spittake*

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

You can't. A knife isn't effective at tunneling through butter. Just use your hands.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
lemeres wrote:
Metal Sonic wrote:
Skylancer4 wrote:
Very poor (and very incorrect) analogy.
I care to disagree.
I disagree with your disagreement.

You disagree that he disagrees?

Shadow Lodge

J4RH34D wrote:
See my previous post, combat doesnt start until a hostile action is taken

That's not exactly true. The GM determines when combat starts, and may begin initiative before any hostile actions are taken.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
J4RH34D wrote:
Rynjin, i dont believe you can trust anyone to not metagame in that situation.

I can, and do.

Shadow Lodge *****

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Every time my home group walks into a mission briefing with a certain VC, we have to keep our screaming internal for the players who don't know what we know.

Shadow Lodge

At that point I'd just say "f+!! it, I'm retraining the damn feat".

Shadow Lodge

Kain Darkwind wrote:
Is it fiat to rule a 10 or 20 hour combat...

Who the f@#% has 10 or 20 hour combats?

Shadow Lodge

19 people marked this as a favorite.

Congratulations, you have stepped out of your small circle of play experience and found a different experience. You can either accept this new experience, try to change it to be like what you are used to, or leave in search of an experience more suited to your liking.

Shadow Lodge

Headfirst wrote:
Instantly, permanently killing a newbie entirely because of bad luck is poor RPG design form in any medium.

Or it's a good lesson that death can happen, sometimes for no reason. And if that's what the group wants, those that learn that lesson and stick around will be welcome. Those that don't probably don't jive with the rest of the group.

Shadow Lodge *****

Because they have to start building a 5-star Only library somewhere. If not True Dragons, then when?

Shadow Lodge

Forgive them. They must be British, which means they need all the compassion we can offer.

Shadow Lodge

Left out in the cold again. :P

Shadow Lodge

8 people marked this as a favorite.
Liz Courts wrote:
I really, really, really hope so, but that largely depends on how many fires I have to put out.

*puts away the matches*

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Azten wrote:
As long as it's Sacred Tattoo that gets the nerd bat.

Nah, they'll remove Luck bonuses from the game instead.

Shadow Lodge

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Imbicatus wrote:
It's not a question of the +1 bonus, it's a question of the resource cost. A half-orc can get a +1 bonus to all reflex, fortitude, and will saves from all sources for the cost of a trait. A human can get a +1 bonus to all reflex, fortitude, and will saves from all sources for the cost of three feats.

I think the real problem is that Orc Ferocity is utter garbage compared to Sacred Tattoo.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
alexd1976 wrote:
It get's eye-rolls and groans from multiple people when this shows up at our table... again... and again.

Sounds like a local problem rather than a system problem.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Taku Ooka Nin wrote:

You can ban after someone takes something. If it is the first time you've encountered it, then it is fully within your rights as the GM to do so.

You just say, "Ok, that is broken and I don't want it in my game, so I'm not going to have it in my game. Rebuild the character or bring a different character in, you're allowed a free rebuild (Class, Race and Talents) with WBL up to the wealth you've accrued thus far.

You're happy, the player gets to try something new so he is happy.

Disclaimer: Use judiciously, repeat uses may erode good-will and social cohesion.

Shadow Lodge

But why isn't it here already?

Shadow Lodge

Matthew Downie wrote:

Under Golarion rules, there is something about the unnatural forces of undeath that drives almost all undead beings, even mindless ones, to become Evil.

Exactly what this force is isn't clear...

I call it "Author Intent".

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Charon's Little Helper wrote:
If they didn't - then they're not a lich. If you still say they are a lich without said ritual, you've changed the definition of what a lich is, so any discussion of it is pointless.

Guess you can stop discussing it then.

Shadow Lodge

Charon's Little Helper wrote:
You CANNOT have a neutral lich.

The hell I can't!

Shadow Lodge *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I wish I could take that seriously.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Davor wrote:

I'm still shocked this is a conversation. "I didn't know any better" is NEVER a valid excuse. Why does the paladin get one for killing an innocent creature? Because he was stupid?

/flips table

*sets the table back up* How rude.

Shadow Lodge *****

Mostly because we completely botched collecting anything to have leverage against him. But also because of how it was written.

Shadow Lodge *****

I agree with the last two posts.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Death is not the only failure condition.

Shadow Lodge *****

thorin001 wrote:
Casting a spell with the Evil descriptor is not an Evil act

This is what I agree with.

Shadow Lodge *****

Nefreet wrote:
You cannot in any good conscience (ha! I made a funny) claim that casting Infernal Healing is not an evil act.

Damn right I can.

Shadow Lodge *****

BigNorseWolf wrote:
Isn't the first instinct of every paladin upon detecting evil to ready smite?

I used to think that. Then my paladin shattered an evil mirror, and it only made things worse.

More importantly, you just cast the spell and know exactly why you are detecting evil.

Shadow Lodge *****

BigNorseWolf wrote:
I mean is there a surer sign from the gods that you shouldn't have done something than suddenly getting the urge to smite yourself?

Why would you have that urge? Not that it would even work. You detect as, you don't become a valid target.

Shadow Lodge *****

Jessex wrote:
What spells can Lawful and Good divine casters not cast? Evil and chaotic ones.

That only applies to Clerics and Druids. Those classes with the aligned spells restriction.

The Paladin should probably have that restriction as well, but does not. Nor does the Ranger or Oracle.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Shadow Lodge *****

Are you volunteering, friend? ;)

Shadow Lodge *****

The Fox wrote:
Do we really need to make up new ways to get into arguments before the game even starts?

You think this is a 'new' way?

Shadow Lodge

6 people marked this as a favorite.

So let it begin anew...

Shadow Lodge

Rogue Eidolon wrote:
Who's that Mark Seifter guy anyway?

I hear he's a real jerk.

Shadow Lodge

Y'know, that's fair.

Shadow Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
bugleyman wrote:
One day.

But this day is NOT THAT DAY.

Shadow Lodge

What the hell?

Shadow Lodge

Meanwhile I'm just over here watching Overlord.

Shadow Lodge

But...money. ;)

Shadow Lodge

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Neo2151 wrote:
If that's true, why are you playing PF right now instead of 3.5?

Because they can use their 3.5 books with PF?

Shadow Lodge

If you eat dragon, you will become dragon. Science fact.

Shadow Lodge *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.

If you think the lodge is gone, you're quite mistaken.

Shadow Lodge *****

BigNorseWolf wrote:
If you let the players use any interpretation that they've come up with

Lying about my position does you no favors.

1 to 50 of 7,823 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

©2002–2015 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.