|Paizo Pathfinder® Paizo Games|
|About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ|
Usual Suspect wrote:
Well with Enlarge person you generally also extend your reach (if you're medium) as well increase the weapon size damage. The increase weapon damage can often be 1 to 3.5 average weapon damage increase before crit, 1d6 Rapier becomes 1d8, but a great sword goes from 2d6 to 3d6.
Matthew Downie wrote:
It's worst than that as a level 1 warrior has a reasonable chance to kill a level 10 fighter. You can both give them 14 Strength and Constitution.
Level 1 warrior damage
Level 10 fighter save
So as result the Fighter has to roll a 12 or better to save from being knocked out. Which means the Fighter only has 45% chance not to be knocked out, 20% chance to be knocked out and than 35% chance to be killed.
Hello I'm Staff Sergeant of the Air National Guard, and I'm looking to play or run a game. I'm mostly interested in Pathfinder (outside of the its traditional campaign settings), Star Wars saga and D&D 3.X. I have played some cortex but I'm not really looking to play it. I prefer a mix of roleplay and combat.
Inner Heru wrote:
May Pharasma have mercy on their souls.
Back in the beta and to a small extend later after PFS was introduced, I was playing the Runelord Adventure path with Ryken the bumbling rogue (dam you fumbles) is always on the floor. We never got done with campaign, but Ryken will forever be mourned after failing a will save to a haunt resulted in suicide (sneak attack hurts). We played a few PathFinder Society games, but eventually Yoda ate his head and he moved to work for Paizo in what I assume to get someone to cast regeneration so he can get his head back.
I'm a Staff Sergeant in the Air National Guard who just returned from deployment (Afghanistan). So I'm looking to get back to playing some roleplaying, but some members of my group have moved on while I was gone.
Right now there is only two of us, and we plan on taking turn DMing, I will run Star Wars Saga Campaign, and my friend will run the Pathfinder campaign.
We haven't settle on the time or date yet, but so far it seems to be Twenty Sided Store in Brooklyn.
For my Star Wars Saga campaign won't be set in the Star Wars universe, instead it would be set in the modern world. The Roswell crash wasn't a crash but the result of a storm uncovering ancient ruins of a ship and Area 51 was founded to reverse engineer the technology. As the technology was being reversed engineered the Star Wars movie was released as a Plausible deniability as the ships and technology being reversed engineered were similar as any sightings will be claimed of sightings can be dismissed as a hoaxed from a popular movie. However yesterday a massive amount of ships were detected entering hyper space and its destination seem to be of earth.
Looking for the party to be affiliate in some fashion to the U.S. military.
I don't have information on the pathfinder campaign but I will give it as I get it.
I'm looking to play a Paladin who at first doesn't view him/herself as paladin instead as a Samuari, and only after gaining level 4+ (When spells doesn't the Paladin has a deity of Iomedae). My paladin currently has a oath of Vengeance against a Demon that has killed his/her Diaymo in admist training and thus became a Ronin prior to the completion of training, and has turn to the Pathfinder society as sort of goal.
Due to Pathfinder GM credits my paladin would be level 2 with a 3rd possible (depending if there are no GM available on a couple of days). Although I kind of want Fey Founding as a requirement as sort of connection to Iomedae
Here is what I'm thinking
Racial Alternate Focus Study (Skill Focus UMD at level 1, level 8 is going to be perception)
I plan on taking Power Attack at level 3 and Greater Mercy level 5.
So far I'm taking +1 Skill points for the following skills
The reason for UMD is so that I can use scrolls/wands of silence, fly.
Although I'm also debating on lowering my Strength to 16 so I can get a 10 on wisdom (which I kind of hate having negative modifers on my characters and this is the first time in a long time using PB).
Todd Lower wrote:
I'm not, I wish there some way to improve some items. Heck, I also wish there option to have stat items outside of belts and headbands, or even just allow a +4 to one stat and +2 to an other. It'll allows for slightly more character customization in terms of gear.
Hello I'm looking to start a pathfinder society game. I plan on using Traipse and I'm starting with 00-24 Decline of Glory.
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 7th level characters (Tiers: 1–2, 3–4, and 6–7).
When the son of a famous Pathfinder gains control of his father's holdings in Taldor, the Pathfinder Society decides to build a new lodge there as a base to explore the many ruins of that crumbling empire. Unfortunately, the Taldan Phalanx has its eye on the holdings and an ancient curse has turned many of the residents into the walking dead. Can you survive the tangled web of Taldor's politics and fight off the echoes of the past or will you, too, see your glory decline?
Tuesday 27 November 2012 6pm est
Using Traipse (Also known as openrpg)
Goth Guru wrote:
Wrong, they will go to a Sanitarium. In characters everyone doesn't know what hit points or saves are. What they do know is if someone is barely hurt about to collapse from pain. People may know someone is very hardy, agile or strong sense of self.
Thank you, you said what I wanted to say after I put my foot in my mouth.
Tork Shaw wrote:
Well not true people who feel like they were born as the wrong gender feel curse. Now imagine if they were once their prefer gender.
I was looking at here under special here
If you are a specialist wizard, you get a +2 bonus on Spellcraft checks made to identify, learn, and prepare spells from your chosen school. Similarly, you take a –5 penalty on similar checks made concerning spells from your opposition schools.
Oh bleh, but lets take an example of a Wizard with 15 int
1 rank + 2 Int mod + 3 for class skill will give you +6 modifier, that's enough to automatically learn non prohibited spell, and can invest every other level to keep this edge. But chances are the wizard is going have an 18+, have the fellow wizard in question to aid in the check. So the math would be 4(Mod), +2 Aid Other, +1 rank, +3 Class skill -5 prohibited. So by level 2 they can learn any spell regardless if it's prohibited or not. And from level 3 on they only have to invest 1 rank every other level.
Before you say that the allied wizard can fail the check...
18 Int (4) + 2 rank + 3 class skill gives modifier of 9 meaning rolling a 1 on spell craft checks will result in passing the aid other.
Keep in mind to do this at level 1 they can either take some sort bonus (such as trait, feat like skill focus) or the more common 20 int. So effectively I would say it's a non issue.
Belt that functions like a belt of giant strength +2 that can be upgraded to +6 by paying normal upgrade cost. In addition it provides constant Divine favor caster level based on wearers HD (can't use UMD to raise it).
The Great Rinaldo! wrote:
Yes, but it does have to be done with the supervision of a GM who can observe the required Spellcraft rolls and sign off on the Chronicle that the spells were acquired and the gold paid.
You do realize that there is no need for spell craft roll because if you have the author of the other spellbook at hand you automatically pass the check.
Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.