|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
An existing Rise of the Runelords Game needs a new Player. The preference is for a Martial type character though a Cleric could be useful for this group.
Note that Marcelano is the Player you will be replacing and the God he currently worships is one whose presence I would like to keep in the group...
I will make my decision based on CONCEPTS initially so a brief background is all I am looking for at the moment. Once I make my selection crunch can begin.
I will keep this Recruitment open until next Friday the 12th.
- 25 point buy (standard Paizo sliding scale)
- alignment within 1 step of your god; no evil,
- *NO 3pp materials*
- we will be using Hero Points; you cannot take the anti-hero option
- all core races are fine. see the special note about humans below.
- you may apply with a featured race, with the following caveats: no aasimars (it would interact oddly with a plot point); a tiefling must be chosen by Sarenrae (the backstory should include being shunned as a result, and some form of redemption); the chances that I'll accept more than 1 character with a featured race are very slim.
- no uncommon races.
all paizo classes are available (see unchained section though). no high-tech archetypes. you may multi-class or take prestige classes normally.
While all classes are permitted some may have a very difficult time fitting with the theme. You are all servants of specific gods- something like a shaman or spiritualist that's gaining power from another entity (beside the god who chose you) may be very difficult to make work.
each character gets to pick one domain (or subdomain) granted by their god. the available gods are: Abadar, Desna, Erastil, Gozreh, Sarenrae, or Shelyn. their domains and subdomains can be found at the Archives of Nethys.
the character gains all the granted powers of that domain, as a cleric of their character level (using Wis for DCs/# of uses/etc as normal). they also gain the domain's spells as Spell-like abilities. each SLA is usable 1/day starting when their character level is double the spell level (so they gain the 1st level spell at second, the 2nd level domain spell at 4th, 3rd at 6th, etc). The caster level for these SLAs is equal to their character level and any effect tied to their casting stat (such as DCs) is based on Cha. I understand that using 2 separate stats for the powers and spells might be tough on MAD characters, but it will help mitigate against anyone trying to super-specialize one stat like some pally or oracle builds do.
- summoners and rogues must use the unchained versions.
- barbarians must use the standard version.
- monks can apply as standard or unchained versions.
- we are using background skills. because of your particular backgrounds, knowledge[religion] is available as a background skill.
- no variant multiclassing. (your divine power is kind of already a better version of VMC Cleric).
- only rogues get skill unlocks (classes or archetypes like investigator or slayer that have an opportunity to select a rogue talent may choose to gain signature skill as a bonus feat in place of any rogue talent).
- we will not be using the Stamina system (we have enough options, and enough things to track, already)
You're welcome to take item crafting feats but we're going to keep the pace of the game fairly brisk so be warned that the amount of free time you have (or don't have) will restrict how much crafting you can get done.
everyone gets Birthmark as their campaign trait it's normally a faith trait, but for this campaign it will count in all ways as a campaign trait. this should be reflected in their backstory, and everyone's parents/guardians/whatever should have brought them to Sandpoint because of their birthmark (at least 6 months ago, but as early as infancy if you prefer).
everyone may pick two more traits following the normal rules. no drawbacks.