Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Genie

RyanH's page

Goblin Squad Member. RPG Superstar 7 Season Star Voter, 9 Season Star Voter. Pathfinder Society Member. 471 posts (2,735 including aliases). 3 reviews. 2 lists. No wishlists. 14 Pathfinder Society characters. 20 aliases.


RSS

1 to 50 of 471 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Thanks, having the right lingo helps!

Grand Lodge

Darkrose50 wrote:
RyanH wrote:
RyanH wrote:
The Rusty Dragon in introduces 51 figures... does that include the Bar, or is it 52 with the bar?
Never mind, duh, I just looked at the singles page ... and it looks like 53 minis, but the product page says 51, so that's odd.
50 minis + bar + 2 special repaints of fixed sculpts that had messed up faces that resulting in sub-par paint jobs (1/each per case).

Thanks!

Grand Lodge

RyanH wrote:
The Rusty Dragon in introduces 51 figures... does that include the Bar, or is it 52 with the bar?

Never mind, duh, I just looked at the singles page ... and it looks like 53 minis, but the product page says 51, so that's odd.

Grand Lodge

Hmm ... I am trying to find the post (from our distant past) where Eric Mona talks about how these are painted but can't find it. How are the symbols done/what is that called, stamps, transfers?

Grand Lodge

Darkrose50 wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
If you're looking for an official answer... WizKids doesn't share that kind of breakdown. (But I can say that the dungeon dressing is technically its own rarity, which is roughly equivalent to rare in that you will generally get 1–2 of each per case.)

I think some trees and some dogs would be quite popular.

As I mentioned above the Heroscape Trees were and are quite popular. Encounters around trees are quite common. I can see people wanting lots of trees and bushes of various types.

As I mentioned above the Zombicide dogs were/are quite popular ($20 retail price and were selling on eBay for ~$35 for a while). I think a lack of painted miniature dogs is an incentive to make some.

If the low price of oil is making plastic cheaper, then perhaps now is the time to make and stock up on larger items like trees.

I don't know how cost-effective trees would be given the options that already exist. With trees you need quite a few, and they're big. You simply can't beat the price of something like these trees crafting and hobby stores have them, they look nice, and you can find the sizes and types you want. I just buy a little tacky putty to keep them fixed in place ... quick little forest that looks great!

Grand Lodge

The Rusty Dragon in introduces 51 figures... does that include the Bar, or is it 52 with the bar?

Grand Lodge

John Francis wrote:
RyanH wrote:
This ruling is also for if people have to leave the table (sick, emergency) which I have never seen happen.

I've seen it happen twice in the last 12 months (once at a convention, once at a game store).

I imagine GMs and more regular players would see such things more than I. I am mainly convention and PBP. PBP has significant lost players, but very little table disruption!

Grand Lodge

Gary Bush wrote:

To all those who have responded, thank you.

I commented that I thought it was unfair because, well, it is.

If a player takes a table and it is at high tier than the player understands there will be greater risk and thus greater reward. Now an other player, who does not have physical copy of a character sheet, can cause the other players reduction in reward because of a reduction of tier.

I honestly don't see any other answer to the problem. If the sub-tier reduces, it reduces. And the rewards should follow the risk.

The idea of giving rewards based on what was complete before the player left adds a lot of extra work to the GM which is not ideal either.

It is not fair. Life is not fair. It is just a game. Something will happen in the future that will "make-up" for it.

And now we have some guidance on how to handle this situation.

Again, this is not just a tech issue either. It's not just for people without physical sheets. I always have a backup printed copy of everything (as well as copies on my phone AND my tablet of PDFs) and have never seen anyone lose power and not be able to continue.

This ruling is also for if people have to leave the table (sick, emergency) which I have never seen happen.

Where this will really help is in Play-by-Post. I frequently see people disappear in PBP games. Now the GM has options in dealing with it, and that is excellent.

Grand Lodge

Finlanderboy wrote:

The only thing I was scared of was legalizing electronic dice rollers.

EVERYTIME I have seen one used they used to cheat. I watched a guy reprogram his to not roll 1s.

If you're worried about cheaters, watch for these non-digital dice sets

I'm sure there's weighted dice as well... that'd be impossible to catch. But I'm not going to spend much of my energy worrying about cheaters... kind of hard to fathom such people, but whatever.

Thanks for the ruling Tonya!

Grand Lodge

Jared Thaler wrote:
Nohwear wrote:
Although that does seem to be ignoring the main problems that come up with Hero Lab. Namely people feeling empowered that the wrong text is the correct one and that Hero Lab expansions are an acceptable source. Furthermore, when a Hero Lab sheet is of on a number, they are usually off by a lot. Where as physical sheets are far more likely to only be off by a few points.

Further, I think people are missing the point of Nefreet's objection.

It is not "Hero Lab is always disruptive." As I read it, it is "when I am playing with people who do not know me, and Hero Lab does become disruptive, it derails the entire game for an hour, which during a 4 hour con slot running a 5 hour scenario is a risk I am no longer willing to take."

I have never seen a derailment take more than five minutes. These again were rule disagreements from paper based players. And have never seen a "derailment" from HeroLab. ("You forgot Bless", "Oh, then that's a 15", takes what, 2 seconds?)

If I show up at a table and am told I can't use HeroLab. THAT'S a disruption and will likely take longer than 5 minutes to sort out as we try to find me a new table.

Grand Lodge

Players using HeroLab as their primary source is NOT a HeroLab problem.Nor is it HeroLab being disruptive. It's a player being disruptive by not understanding the rules.

The biggest arguments I've seen in sessions were rules disagreements with paper based players.

Paper and HeroLab players are equally disruptive.

Please site all your examples of "a lot" ... So far one dinosaur with an obviously high number.

Mostly its characters losing there situation bonuses )which they are just as likely to miss on paper sheets) or stacking a couple traits that shouldn't stack.

So, no, you have convinced no one that HeroLab is more disruptive than paper sheets. And, no, people playing World of Warcraft is also not HeroLab being disruptive.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Nohwear wrote:
Bob Jonquet wrote:
Duiker wrote:
Clearly your anecdotal evidence of not having a problem means that his anecdotal evidence of having a problem is false and merely the result of prejudice.

I disagree. The prejudice is not the anecdotal difference of opinion, it stems from the idea that anyone who uses HeroLab is automatically disruptive. To be fair, prejudice is not really the right word. The situation is more akin to stereotyping or profiling, but I think we all know what the point is.

Can HeroLab does used disruptively? Absolutely so. Is HeroLab inherently disruptive? No any moreso than other gaming aids, and certainly not moreso than a paper character sheet.

Are you claiming that neither are disruptive, or that paper sheets can also be disruptive? If you mean that both can be I am curious as to when paper sheets have been disruptive. This would be the first time that I have heard such a claim, and I am curious about what happened.

One of the claims of HeroLab being disruptive is that people can't find their information or spend time looking for it. Same argument applies to paper character sheets. Hence, yes, they can be disruptive too.

I have seen examples of people searching their character sheets at every session I have ever played.

Another claim is that HeroLab/tablets are disruptive in that they take up valuable table space. The paper version of my character takes up more space than my tablet. Hence, paper sheets are also disruptive. I would claim more so.

I have seen examples of paper sheets taking up table space at every session I have played.

Another claim about HeroLab is that the data is sometimes incorrect and players argue that they are correct. This happens on paper sheets as well. I would claim more often and certainly with less consistency than hero lab. Hence paper sheets are also disruptive in this case.

I have seen examples of people using the wrong bonuses in every game bless was cast.

There, three ways paper sheets are also disruptive.

Grand Lodge

Nefreet wrote:
BretI wrote:
we have had a few different "not at my table" discussions on the boards

Two categories, from my POV.

One regards legal Pathfinder character options that some GMs simply dislike, for whatever reason. These things include classes, archetypes, spells, feats, items, etc.

The other regards everything outside the scope of Pathfinder, including third party products such as HeroLab, digital dice rollers, etc.

As volunteers for Paizo, it would make sense that the first category is out of the question. Anything deemed legal by the Campaign should be legal regardless of what the volunteers think.

As volunteers, it would make sense that the second category should be up to the individuals volunteering to accept. If I volunteer to clean up garbage from the side of a street, I shouldn't be expected to help the nearby construction crew break concrete.

That's outside what I volunteered for.

So, since Paizo is siding with HeroLab in this discussion, it will be interesting to see what else they add to the mix.

Really that's not "helping the construction crew, it's more, "I don't like HOW that trash is thrown away"

The problem with your second point is, when I come to a convention I have no choice on my GM. So I show up to play as I've always played but instead have a confrontation.

For PaizoCon I sign up for tables ahead of time to guarantee my son and I can sit at the same table and that we are in sessions we want. The GM is not listed in that selection, nor is their list of what they allow/disallow. If I could guarantee hero lab friendly GMs in my selection process I would. Then everyone is happy.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Nefreet wrote:

Hmmm...

A little bird whispered the words "financial partnership" into my ears.

It seems I'll have to revamp my GM stance on the matter.

Who is paying Nafreet for his silence?!

Grand Lodge

BigNorseWolf wrote:
RyanH wrote:


I trust the precision AND the accuracy of HeroLab more than most. But use Paizo material as the gospel of what is correct.

Its not quoting rules materials where I question it, its the output.

I've seen a velociraptor animal companion with a +28 acrobatics (because the circumstance bonus for high speed got added on without anything saying it was just for jumping)

Weird penalties and errors tend to show up and take a long time to track down. One time coin weight was turned on, causing encumbrance which was dropping someone's attacks, another time haste got left on. While I'm sure that players make more mistakes, those mistakes tend to be a +1 modifier here and there. Hero lab makes mistakes less often but when inexperienced users use it for more than dotting I's and crossing T's things get weird and people do tend to rely on the machine as THE right answer.

HeroLab will tell you where all the bonuses come from.

Grand Lodge

This is right on the Hero Lab site (I'm looking for how to find the sourcebook report.)

"Know Your Character – Make sure you understand how and why Hero Lab is calculating all your character’s ability stats, modifiers, etc. Go through each of your In Play options and check all your various abilities, planned spell buffs, expected party buffs (bard, cavalier, etc.), to make sure they work as you expect them to. If they don’t, try to figure out whether the error is yours or or a bug. (If it is a bug, please submit it through through the official bug reporting form!)"

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Bob Jonquet wrote:

To be honest, I really don't know that a GM has the kind of control over a player to tell them they cannot use a digital device, assuming of course that it is not being disruptive. Disruptive behavior by its very nature has to be demonstrated, otherwise it is profiling or stereotyping. Just because SOME players are disruptive using HeroLab, does not mean I am disruptive using it. I have no problem putting my character sheets on the table for reference by the GM should they need it, but I don't think I would comply with a GM telling me I cannot use my tablet/HeroLab just because they personally don't like it. Unless the GM can demonstrate that I am actually being disruptive at the table, IMO they would be the disruptive one if they insisted I not use any of my gaming resources just because they had a personal prejudice against it.

The same could be said for my octagonal dice tray. I have a tendency to spread out at the table. I use the tray as a holding place for all my stuff so I don't spread out. Some say the dice tray takes up too much space. Actually, for me, when I use it, I take up less space.

And that's why people are so hot about this. The GM SHOULDN'T be able to profile and stereo-type based on their whims, but that's exactly what some are saying they want or currently do.

Anyone should be able to comfortably walk up to any table at a con with their HeroLab/tablet (with supporting Paizo PDFs), or pen and paper, and sit down to play without someone jumping up and saying, "DISRUPTOR! I shall now audit you! If I find ANYTHING wrong with your HeroLab-created sheet you are out!"

People have tablets, pen and paper, dice towers, dice octagons, miniatures, lego miniatures, food, drinks, smells, funny hair, costumes, hunger-induced attitudes, etc, etc. It's a game, enjoy it, and let others enjoy it too. I have seen people at EVERY TABLE I'VE PLAYED fumble with their papers, or with their tablets to find something. I see people have trouble with adding their bonuses, with people chiming in, "don't forget bless", "don't forget you're blinded", etc ... I don't consider those disruptions. I don't expect to play with just the Pathfinder ELITE that know the rules inside-out... I welcome the people learning the game, learning their character sheets, and learning their digital character sheets. I am excited to teach what I know to others, to be corrected when I'm wrong, and to continue learning the intricacies of Pathfinder and of the awesome HeroLab ... which reminds me, I learned from this thread today that HeroLab gives a report of rule-book sources. I'm going to go check out this cool new feature that I just learned about!

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

HeroLab is awesome for character creation. You can quickly add/swap out selections and see the results. I discover so many new things... and again, ultimately buy more Paizo books.

Grand Lodge

Everyone should use this d20

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I just like the feel of rolling a die. Never use the hero lab roller.

Grand Lodge

Which again is not a fault of Hero Lab (neither is buying the books twice a reason to be against ME buying my books twice)

Something that would be useful in HL is a quick report on a character of all of the source Paizo products used (page number would be awesome.) it MAY do this, I will check tonight.

If it did that, when I chose a character for play I could easily ensure I had all appropriate source material readily available.

Grand Lodge

Nohwear wrote:
RyanH wrote:
Nohwear wrote:
I suppose the issue than becomes, what do you do with people who continually drag out the game because they believe Hero Lab over Paizo, even when shown the source material?

Same thing you do with people that don't use HeroLab and believe THEY are right and argue ...

There does seem to be some additional problem with people believing that they have evidence. See the post above the one I am quoting.

I see this as a worse situation when you're referring to the SAME source material and interpreting it differently. What do you do with the person that continues to argue? It's an easier argument if Paizo material does not match HL.

The guide clearly states that you need the Paizo material. If the Paizo source material does not match HeroLab, then it's the Paizo material that you go with. If you can't explain where each bonus comes from in HeroLab, then you can't use it. I don't see why this is a problem. If it is a problem, you have a problem with the player, not with HeroLab. JUST LIKE a person arguing their interpretation of the rules.

Swarm suit gloves as an example. That was open for interpretation. The GM could make a ruling on that and that ruling would be different at each table. What do you do with the player that continues to argue, and he HAS legit source material.

If someone was using the PRD as their source, that's not a problem with the PRD existing, it's a problem with using the wrong source.

This is not a problem with Hero Lab.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Nohwear wrote:
I suppose the issue than becomes, what do you do with people who continually drag out the game because they believe Hero Lab over Paizo, even when shown the source material?

Same thing you do with people that don't use HeroLab and believe THEY are right and argue ...

Grand Lodge

Steven Lau wrote:

I am very perplexed how HeroLabs can cause arguments. It is just an interactive character sheet. In fact if you allow the print out of the character sheet from herolabs you have no reason to not allow the digital version since they are the exact same thing. What you see on the paper is what you see on the iPad just different format. Before the iPad version came out I used to add my most common buffs and print a bunch of versions of my character sheet out with those buffs included. Like I said, what you see on the iPad version is what you see on the character sheet.

I am not saying it does not have bugs, it does, none though that should be cause of an argument since they are minor bugs. I will go back to what I posted before on HeroLabs:

Most of the time it is reliable but on occasion there is a bug with it. If you know the software and the rules in question you can catch it and know how to work around it. In general you won't have problems but when yo do you need to know the rules don't let the program be your only knowledge source. Don't buy new software and expect to use it right away with out expecting issues (mostly user generated issues due to being unfamiliar with the program) and pissing people off. Learn the software first and use it in an environment that will allow you to. That way people/GMs who in general don't trust programs really have nothing to complain about.

Now If they are using HeroLabs as a source for the rules, that is a different story. You just tell them they can't and please pull out an approved rule source. I have done that in the past and will continue in the future. I know that HeroLabs biggest problem is not in it's ability to implement a bonus to it's character most of the time that is correct, and when it is wrong it is user error. It's biggest problem is not getting the actual text correct because they like short handing or re-wording the stuff they put in, that is the main reason you should never use it as a rules source, which you are not allowed to anyway.

One of the arguments was that sheets generated from HeroLab should also not be used.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Nohwear wrote:
Maybe I am just in a cynical mood, but when I do have to wonder if at least some of the red tape people want to avoid includes being forced to buy stuff from Paizo.

With or without HeroLab you still have to buy everything. I've bought more Paizo product than I ever would have without HeroLab. With HeroLab I find some trait I like, then see I don't own the source, and then buy it for the one trait! Hopefully finding other cool stuff in the material after the fact.

For me, HeroLab means more money in Paizo's coffers.

Grand Lodge

Delete this Character wrote:
I've been on the fence about all the red tape, paperwork, restrictions, and requirements one has to go through to begin PFS play, and this forum thread has just convinced me that it's not worth it. Just something to think about, I'm sure there are others lurking around like me that have just been put off of PFS/convention play.

Heh, yeah, like others have said I've never seen a problem at a table or in a play-by-post game. I've only ever had an immense amount of fun. Mostly a good bunch of people/great community.

Grand Lodge

I see players and GMs making mistakes, not adding a bonus, asking questions AT EVERY table I've played. Most of those people were pen and paper people. You see it constantly in the pbp boards. It's a complex game.

I recommend everyon HAS to use HeroLab, then at least the errors would be CONSISTENT. Without HeroLab you're faced with 1000's of different interpretations, with the errors cropping up all over the random place.

So, I hope the ruling is that HeroLab is now REQUIRED! (Not really, because I want everyone to play and have fun, even if they are using error-ridden hand made sheets)

I had fun at that table with you Nafreet, the tech was not a distraction (in that there was no YouTube, etc). If we played the characters wrong it was not because of the tech. Again, fun game, but I dread some future confrontation about my chosen character sheet because of fear of an errant or forgotten bonus. It's a game, let's all just enjoy it.

I am slowly getting more of my family members to play. HeroLab allows them to wade through books full of rules more easily. If I said they HAD to learn all this, HAD to do it manually, or they may get AUDITED and have to use a pregen or get kicked off a table, they'd just throw in the towel now. Doesn't sound like a good way to spread the hobby.

And if Paizo recreated their own rules in their own software, don't tell me you think it could be done without having the same issues HeroLab does. There would be errors, there would be misinterpretations. It would be the same. But again less errors than comparing to hand created sheets.

Grand Lodge

TOZ wrote:
RyanH wrote:
Well... there was this one time that TOZ killed my 10 year old...
...he got better.

Yes, yes he did... thanks to a PAX goblin bag boon... PAX has never had something so good again.

Grand Lodge

Nohwear wrote:
I do not know if having a rule just for conventions is a viable option, but that seems to be the main place where physical sheets are needed. I could make an argument that most of the set rules are mainly needed for conventions.

I'd argue that I mainly only play at conventions and that's specifically where I want to use my digital character sheet. Again, I'm happy to have a paper one with me. I just don't want to be turned away or targeted for audit just because I use HeroLab.

Heck, Lonewolf is at PaizoCon with HeroLab printing character sheets outside the society room.

As a side note, I've never had any problems with any GM's at any tables, even with HeroLab running on my iPad... even at the table of one of the anti-Herolabers from this thread.

Well... there was this one time that TOZ killed my 10 year old...

Grand Lodge

An anti-device poster on this thread (to be unnamed) has said in different threads that he would not only not allow digital-hero lab, but would audit and specifically try to ban hero lab printed character sheets as well.

In his home/store games swell, I'll go to another store.

At paizocon, gen con I will as non-desruptively as possible take it to management. A mindset such as that in a GM is in and of itself disruptive.

I use hero lab on an iPad. My supporting books (all purchased as PDF) are all on said iPad (and phone). I have printed character sheets, all paper chronicles (backed up on iPad). Real dice, and miniatures. All of this is allowed by PFS rules.

The amount of inconsistencies in the paper generated sheets must be enormous.

I have said this before, but I will start carrying a hand written sheet in crayon so it doesn't look like it was generated by herolab. I will even add mistakes to the calculations to make it look legit.

Grand Lodge

Hmmm regarding the link above about altered shirts... would be cool to use the shirt (and tag) as the cover of a 3 ring binder ...

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Norman Osborne wrote:
Epic Meepo wrote:
In these quotes taken from a Reddit discussion, the D&D folks at WotC have confirmed that they have no plans to add more content to the SRD aside from a few mistakenly omitted items. So, thanks to the content gap in the SRD, the biggest third-party "5e" reference site will inevitably become a D&D clone competing with (instead of complementing) D&D. *sigh*
I'm not sure why you think that opening practically everything up would lead to complimentary products, instead of competing products. They opened up nearly everything in 3.5 (at least from the core rules)....which directly lead to Pathfinder...a competing product.

Through their own actions though by closing Paizo out with 4E thus forcing the competeing product.

Grand Lodge

Booked! And this year the con rate IS, in fact, better than the general online rate. (And the government rates are way more than standard rate... LOL)

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I edited my above comment... looks like Lonewolf is adding them.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

So, lack of full content kind of puts a big stopper in Lonewolf's plans to include D&D 5e in Hero Lab ... or so it would seem, but here's a notice that both Hero Lab and Realmworks will support 5E

Grand Lodge

5 people marked this as a favorite.

This is kind of a big deal...
5th Edition OGL

Grand Lodge

Quote:
Dude! Spoilers!

No... that show is self-spoiling

Grand Lodge

What about the wookie watching ballet for 30 minutes... that was AWESOME!

Merry Christmas! Just now recovering...

Grand Lodge

Ok, checking in, what's our apl right now ...

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

May be innocent, may be sweet... ain't half as nice as rotting meat.

Grand Lodge Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 9

Boiling Heart Gauntlet:

Thanks!

Boiling Heart Gauntlet
Aura faint evocation; CL 2nd
Slot hands; Price 8000 gp; Weight 2 lbs.
Description
This leather, brass-plated gauntlet is covered in flexible copper tubing running its length, and down each finger. Embedded in the forearm is a small beating heart with copper tubes running through it. When donned the copper tubing extends into the wearer’s flesh. The user can then produce a 15’ cone of steam from the gauntlet’s fingers 10 times per day. This scalding water causes 1d4 points of fire damage and living creatures are sickened for 3 rounds. A reflex save (DC 15) halves the damage and negates the sickened effect.

Alternatively, the gauntlet can be used to produce a rainstorm of boiling water 5-foot square emanating from the air within 30-feet. Living creatures within the area take 2d6 points of fire damage. Each such use expends two daily uses. The bearer can choose to effect up to three more 5-foot adjacent squares at two uses per square. Each such shower remains in effect until the beginning of the user’s next turn. Any creature entering an effected square suffers 1d6 points fire damage. A fortitude save (DC 15) halves the damage.

After four uses are expended in a day, the user is sickened from dehydration and becomes nauseated after eight uses. The user can remove the effects by spending a full-round action drinking water.

While this articulated gauntlet allows the user to wield and carry items in that hand, the hand must be free to use the gantlet’s powers and the user receives a -2 penalty on all precision based tasks involving that hand. If the gauntlet is removed the wearer takes 1 point of damage from withdrawing the embedded tubing.

Construction
Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, produce water, steam memphit heart; Cost 4000 gp

Grand Lodge Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 9

JJ Jordan wrote:
RyanH wrote:


Diver's Float

I like your imagination. Keep it up!

Thanks! He read and appreciates your comments!

Grand Lodge Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 9

Maurice de Mare wrote:
RyanH wrote:


Boiling Heart Gauntlet

Thanks! Great feedback ... less gore, got it!

Grand Lodge Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 9

1 person marked this as a favorite.

And here was my 12 year old's item. He'd like a review too ... thanks!

Diver's Float
Aura faint evocation; CL 2nd
Slot shoulders; Price 2,000 gp; Weight -
Description
This small, brown, airtight leather balloon is about a foot wide, and full of air, allowing its user to float. It is strapped on by ropes around the user's shoulders. However, it allows the user to control their depth magically. To control it, the user hums a certain number of notes, telling it how many feet deep they want to go.
Construction
Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, gust of wind, leather, two feet of rope; Cost 1000 gp

Grand Lodge Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 9

Thanks! I know CL is screwed up ...

Boiling Heart Gauntlet
Aura faint evocation; CL 2nd
Slot hands; Price 8000 gp; Weight 2 lbs.
Description
This leather, brass-plated gauntlet is covered in flexible copper tubing running its length, and down each finger. Embedded in the forearm is a small beating heart with copper tubes running through it. When donned the copper tubing extends into the wearer’s flesh. The user can then produce a 15’ cone of steam from the gauntlet’s fingers 10 times per day. This scalding water causes 1d4 points of fire damage and living creatures are sickened for 3 rounds. A reflex save (DC 15) halves the damage and negates the sickened effect.

Alternatively, the gauntlet can be used to produce a rainstorm of boiling water 5-foot square emanating from the air within 30-feet. Living creatures within the area take 2d6 points of fire damage. Each such use expends two daily uses. The bearer can choose to effect up to three more 5-foot adjacent squares at two uses per square. Each such shower remains in effect until the beginning of the user’s next turn. Any creature entering an effected square suffers 1d6 points fire damage. A fortitude save (DC 15) halves the damage.

After four uses are expended in a day, the user is sickened from dehydration and becomes nauseated after eight uses. The user can remove the effects by spending a full-round action drinking water.

While this articulated gauntlet allows the user to wield and carry items in that hand, the hand must be free to use the gantlet’s powers and the user receives a -2 penalty on all precision based tasks involving that hand. If the gauntlet is removed the wearer takes 1 point of damage from withdrawing the embedded tubing.

Construction
Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, produce water, steam memphit heart; Cost 4000 gp

Grand Lodge Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 9

2 people marked this as a favorite.

It appears to be very good advice. It will be prized by contestants for years to come. The true power of everyone's writing will be revealed.

Grand Lodge Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 9

Ah. I mean, my kids and I all submitted and talked, so clearly people do it.

Grand Lodge Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 9

What are the rules on having people review an item you're submitting ... doesn't that violate the "don't let anyone know who you are" rule?

Grand Lodge Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 9

You MIGHT need to be 18 to have an account, and you need an account ...

Edit: I'd have to set up an account to check, there's an age to enter, but I don't want to set up a fake account just to see (I presume I entered their ages ... I needed to for PaizoCon for tickets.)

Grand Lodge Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 9

Brigg wrote:
RyanH wrote:
Sadly looks as if my 10 year old's item was culled ... it appeared to be a joke, but wasn't.
I thought you had to be 18 or older to enter....

That could certainly be the case ... I looked in the main rules for an age and didn't see and I saw something sorta official state that someone as young as 9 has made the top 32 ... so I though it was ok. I should check.

Edit: "Official Rules" does not mention an age.

1 to 50 of 471 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

©2002–2015 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.