So I've been wanting to run a home(ish) game for a while and had in mind to do a Kaiju focused one. But that task is daunting and requires quite a bit of time to get right.
So I'm scratching the itch in the meantime with an adventure path that's about as wild as running like hell from the cloverfield monster in the first few hours of the homebrew I had in mind.
So here we go.
1. If you are interested simply let me know in this thread. Give me a quick run down about yourself and your experience and I'll let you know via PM.
2. A microphone is mandatory. Maptools is java based and I'll be getting the latest version to ensure everyone is on the same page. I have no interest in other things atm as maptools is nice, quick, and I'm comfortable with it given my many many folders of things for it. Plus, people skilled in java can make some very good macros. It's also free. So yeah.
3. I don't want your character sheet. I don't want your backstory. Seriously if you give it to me here I won't even consider it. Sure, you can work on one but don't expect it to be final. Reason being as I plan on the first session being purely about the players getting together to make characters, hashing out their backstories, and building an actual team rather than a bunch of poor sobs thrown together as this AP seems to implicate. You'll be better for it trust me.
4. First session will be on the 14th with Recruitment closing on the 8th. 4 people with a 5th if I feel it works out.
Things you should know.
1. All Paizo, Machinesmith, and Path of War Material will be allowed. Unchained classes allowed but not required (you can still be an APG summoner if you choose) Stamina system in place but only for Fighters who gain the Combat Stamina feat for free at 1st level.
2. 20pt. buy starting at level 1. Two traits one must be a campaign trait. I highly suggest getting the players guide.
3. Encounters are being altered for difficulty. Not CR. Which is to say certain things are changed to make fights harder without necessarily making the numbers bigger. Their tactics and equipment might change, I may switch out NPC's of one class for another, I might do something extremely subtle like simply move the furniture around the room. Whatever I can do to increase the difficulty and force the group to act as a group and not a pack of individuals I will do so.
Injury System: I'm currently working on an injury system I am looking to publish. The concept is that it is harder to actually lose a character to death but easier to see them injured. Details will come in when we start the game so I will just say that it's very easy for a character to lose a limb or break a leg and it takes time to properly heal. Magic can't really do the trick for a lot of injuries but some spells will be introduced around 3rd spell level that should function like remove disease/curse to give a good chance.
To Be Discussed houserules
I'm considering some other houserules to help combat be more dynamic/tactical. But, we'll talk about those with the group as a whole. Some thoughts.
No Attack of Opportunity for combat maneuvers if you do not posses the feat.
Attack of Opportunity against you if you miss an attack by 5+Wis mod.
And some others depending.
Let me know if you have any questions.