|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
I'll just leave this here, in case anyone is interested. As it says in the title, Sean K Reynolds is kickstarting Five Moons, an RPG designed by him.
From the Kickstarter page:
The goals for this game are:
* Create a book that's easy to read, understand, play, and reference, like the Pathfinder RPG Beginner Box (a product I wrote and am very proud of).
* Make characters less dependent upon their gear to survive and succeed.
* Elevate martial characters to have parity with spellcasters, but still maintain fun and distinct flavor for each class.
* Reward roleplaying, teamwork, adventuring, and social interaction instead of focusing on damage output in combat.
* Create a longer play experience in the leveling "sweet spot" (the D&D/PFRPG equivalent of level 6 to level 12).
* Allow characters to level more frequently so they don't remain exactly the same for many game sessions.
* Simplify scaling monster encounters against various character levels.
* Allow for pseudo-medieval fantasy without "realism" hindering characters.
I've heard many, many good comments about SKR as a game designer (including a thread in the Pathfinder Compatible category), and this looks like it could be a decent take on a familiar topic. Anyone else interested?