|Efreat 'al Inferis|
Hello everyone. I'm trying to set up Dispater as a big bad in one of my mythic campaigns. I used the Book of Vile Darkness and Fiendish Codex 2 as the basis of most of the stats. I also did a conversion of the Demon Lord abilities to fit in with the Archdevils. Please let me know your thoughts.
LE medium outsider (baatezu, evil, extraplanar, lawful, mythic)
Init: +17 (+27 in realm) Senses: darkvision 60 ft., see in darkness; Perception +41(51 in realm)
Aura: Frightful Presence (120’, DC:37), Unholy Aura (DC:28)
AC: 51, touch 19, flat-footed 48 (+3 Dex, +25 Natural, +6 Deflection, +7 shield)
Hp: 692 (35d8+455+80); regeneration 30 (epic and good weapons or deific)
Fort: +30, Ref: +24, Will: +32 (+19 base, +6 Resistance)
Defensive Abilities: Hellish Resurrection; DR: 20/silver, good & epic; Immune: fire, poison, ability damage, ability drain, charm effects, compulsion effects, death effects, energy drain, and petrification; Resist: acid 30, cold 30; SR: 39
Speed: 30’ (6 squares)
Melee: Dispater’s rod +56/51/46/41 (1d8+20) [w/ power attack +47/42/37/32 (1d8+47 (x2+54)); w/ power attack and vital strike +47 (4d8+188 (x2+216)] or touch attack +49(rust)
Space: 5 ft., Reach: 5 ft.
Special Attacks: Fear aura, flesh to iron, rust, mythic surge (10/day, surge +1d12), Mythic spell-like abilities,
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 28; concentration +38)
Constant—detect good, detect chaos, detect magic, true seeing, unholy aura (DC:28)
At will— blasphemy (DC:27), charm monster (DC:24), create greater undead, desecrate, greater dispel magic, greater teleport, locate creature, locate object , magic circle versus good, major image (DC:23), plane shift (DC:25), polymorph, suggestion (DC:23), unhallow, wall of iron
3/day— quicken greater dispel magic, quicken suggestion (DC: 23), summon baatezu
1/day—imprisonment (DC:29), iron body, symbol (any), wish (DC:29)
In realm add:
At will—demand, discern location, fabricate, major creation and polymorph any object (when used on objects or creatures native to the realm, the duration factor increases by 6).
1/day—binding, miracle (limited to physical effects that manipulate its realm or to effects in line with its areas of concern).
All spell-like abilities function as their mythic versions when cast within Dispater’s realm.
Str: 39 (+14), Dex: 16 (+3), Con: 37 (+13), Int: 31 (+10), Wis: 24 (+7), Chr: 31 (+10)
Base Atk: +35; CMB: +49(+4 to trip); CMD: 68(+4 vs trip)
Feats: Cleave(M), Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes(M), Deception, Great Cleave, Greater Trip, Greater Vital Strike, Improved Initiative(M), Improved Trip, Improved Vital Strike, Lighting Reflexes, Persuasive, Power Attack(M)(-9att,+27dam), Quicken Spell-like Ability (greater dispel magic), Quicken Spell-like Ability (suggestion), Vital Strike(M), Weapon Focus (heavy mace)
Skills: Appraise +48(35), Bluff +52(35), Climb +52(35), Craft (alchemy) +48(35), Craft (armorsmithing) +48(35), Craft (weaponsmithing) +48(35), Diplomacy +52(35), Disable Device +41(35), Disguise +52(35), Intimidate +52(35), Know (arcana) +48(35), Know (engineering) +48(35), Perception +45(35), Sense Motive +45(35), Spellcraft +48(35), Stealth +24(18), Survival +27(17)
Languages: Celestial, Common, Draconic, Infernal; telepathy 300 ft.
Combat gear: Rod of Dispater (+6 heavy mace that acts as a rod of rulership and can smite good 3/day with +20 damage), +5 heavy iron shield
Devil Shaping (su): (see mythic pit fiend ability)
Frightful presence (su): an archdevil can activate its frightful presence as a free action as part of any attack, spell-like ability, special attack, or by speaking aloud. The save DC is charisma based.
Flesh to Iron (SP): As the flesh to stone spell; at will; +49 touch; DC 40. Flesh to Iron transforms the target into iron instead of stone. The save DC is Constitution based.
Regeneration (ex): only epic and good damage, or damage from a creature of equal or greater power (such as an archdevil, deity, demon lord or protean lord) interrupts a demon lord’s regeneration.
Rust (su): If Dispater succeeds on a touch attack, his touch causes the target metal to corrode, falling to pieces and becoming useless immediately. His touch can destroy a 10-foot-cube of metal instantly. Magic armor, weapons, and other magic items made of metal must succeed on a DC 40 reflex save or be dissolved. The save DC is Constitution based.
A metal weapon that deals damage to Dispater corrodes immediately unless its bearer succeeds on a DC 40 reflex save. Wooden, stone, and other nonmetallic weapons are unaffected. Dispater can suppress or resume his rusting touch ability as a free action. The save DC is Constitution based.
Summon Baatezu (SP): three times per day as a swift action, an archdevil can summon any devil or combination of devils whose total combined CR is 20 or lower. This otherwise works like the summon universal monster rule with a 100% chance of success, and counts as a 9th level spell effect.
Iron Tower Defense (su): Dispater gains a +20 divine bonus to Armor Class, spell resistance, and all saving throws when within his tower.
Archdevil Traits (Ex, Sp, or Su): an archdevil is a powerful, unique devil that rules a layer of the Nine Hells of Bautor. All archdevils are lawful evil outsiders that are, at a minimum, CR26. Archdevils have a particular suite of traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry) as summarized here.
- An archdevil can grant spells to its worshipers as if it were a diety. An archdevil’s domains are Lawful, Evil, and two other domains relevant to its theme and interests. Like a deity, an archdevil has a favored weapon.
- An archdevil’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as lawful, epic and evil for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
- Hellish Resurrection (ex) an archdevil rules one of the layers of the Nine Hells, a vast world that not only serves as its home but provides it with power. If an archdevil is slain, its body rapidly melts into corruption (leaving behind any gear it held or carried), its soul returns to a hidden location within its layer, and it is immediately restored to life (as true resurrection) at that location. Once this occurs, an archdevil can’t use this ability again until a full year has passed. An archdevil realizes is vulnerable during this time and usually doesn’t risk further battles for the remainder of that year, relying on the defenses of tis realm and its legions of minions to protect it. An archdevil that is slain again during this year or is killed by unusual methods (such as by a true deity or an artifact created for this purpose) is slain forever—its remains appearing somewhere deep in the Nine Hells among other dead archdevils from the ages. An archdevil who does not control a domain does not gain this ability.
- Frightful Presence (su) an archdevil can activate its frightful presence as a free action as part of any attack, spell-like ability, special attack, or by speaking aloud.
- Immunity to ability damage, ability drain, charm effects, compulsion effects, death effects, energy drain, and petrification.
- Regeneration (ex) only epic and good damage, or damage from a creature of equal or greater power (such as an archdevil, deity, demon lord or protean lord) interrupts a demon lord’s regeneration.
- Resistance to acid 30 and cold 30.
- Summons Devils (sp) three times per day as a swift action, an archdevil can summon any devil or combination of devils whose total combined CR is 20 or lower. This otherwise works like the summon universal monster rule with a 100% chance of success, and counts as a 9th level spell effect.
- Telepathy 300 feet.
An archdevil gains additional powers while in its realm as presented below—the statistics presented for each archdevil do not include these adjustments.
- Use of the following spell-like abilities at will—demand, discern location, fabricate, major creation and polymorph any object (when used on objects or creatures native to the realm, the duration factor increases by 6).
- Use of the following spell-like abilities once per day—binding, miracle (limited to physical effects that manipulate its realm or to effects in line with its areas of concern).
- Heightened Awareness (ex) the archdevil gains a +10 insight bonus on Perception checks and Initiative checks.
- Mythic: all of the archdevil’s spell-like abilities function as the mythic versions of those spells as applicable. The archdevil gains the mythic power and surge universal mythic monster abilities (see Pathfinder RPG Mythic Adventures 226). An archdevil gains a d12 surge die.