Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Grigori

RainyDayNinja's page

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16. RPG Superstar 2013 Marathon Voter, 2014 Dedicated Voter, 2015 Dedicated Voter. FullStarFullStarFullStar RPG Venture-Lieutenant, Tennessee—Kingsport. 3,475 posts (4,538 including aliases). 1 review. No lists. No wishlists. 13 Pathfinder Society characters. 18 aliases.


1 to 50 of 461 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
*** RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 aka RainyDayNinja

6 people marked this as a favorite.

Playing a vuvuzela is considered an evil act.

*** RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 aka RainyDayNinja

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I think there could, theoretically, be a way to make crafting work so that it wouldn't wreck the campaign. But what is there to gain?

The main points in favor of crafting in a regular game are that it:
-Lets you make custom items (which would have to remain banned in PFS because there is no GM supervision to prevent abuse)
-Makes sure you always get the items you want regardless of what loot you find (which is irrelevant in PFS, because you can buy anything you can afford, any time between scenarios)
-Saves money (which everyone is trying to think of a way to balance so it's not an advantage after all)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Matthew Downie wrote:
If you want to have the giants use dilute super-sized potions, and a medium creature uses 1 oz potions, then a large giant might make 8 ounce potions, and a huge giant might make 64 ounce potions. The 8 ounce potions could reasonably be drunk by a human as a standard action. The 64 ounce ones would be... difficult.

Now we need potion distillation rules ("your separation column gets a number of theoretical plates equal to the result of your Craft (alchemy) check..."), with a table of azeotropes for every legal spell.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Ranger 2 - HP (20/20) AC 14 - Perc. 14 - S +2/D +5/Co +2/I +1/W +2/Ch -1 - HD 2/2

What if we gather the villagers in the commons building, and Layali and I fortify on the roof (hopefully enough to cause disadvantage for attacking goblins) and fight at range, while Nathadriel and Leifa guard the doors? Any armed villagers can help out guarding on the ground level or as archers on the roof, depending on their strengths.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Also, re: Eddie

Spoiler:
When Eddie shot himself, Eobard was standing pretty much completely still, and not paying attention. Eddie could have just shot the bad guy, like a normal person.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Lemmy wrote:
Spoiler:
And instead of dying, why the hell didn't Eddie simply have a vasectomy or, if he was feeling dramatic, shoot his own testicles?

I thought the same thing. But Eddie was really never that bright. Of course, if he did that, the next scene would have played out different...

Spoiler:
*The team goes outside, and watches the black hole sucking the tops off of skyscrapers*
Eddie: [Rolling on the ground, clutching himself in pain] "F@&!, there's going to be a line at the hospital, isn't there?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Jiggy wrote:
Giygas.

Giygas would be a pushover, as long as you have a divine caster in your party.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

So I've heard a lot of people and articles claiming that "MRAs" are complaining about the movie, but has anyone actually seen these complaints? I remember a similar press barrage when the Star Wars VII trailer had a black stormtrooper. Everyone was talking about how upset racists were at the black stormtrooper, but someone went to look for these upset people and found only a single messageboard thread on the IMDB page.

Was there really any meaningful pushback, or is this just a new form of viral marketing? "We made our movie progressive with this one weird trick! Bigots hate us!"

*** RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 aka RainyDayNinja

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kerney wrote:

Grippli bard

His girlfriend, half orc martial artist.

Tengu alchemist/gunlinger who likes to propel himself through space.

Random player added to these three who usually play together. AKA, The Special guest star.

Party name: the Muppets.

You forgot the 7-Int half-orc Skald with Perform (drums).

And the Bear Shaman Druid with Profession (comedian).

For one game, I actually played a Human Summoner, whose narrow, tubular eidolon had good Knowledge skills and only spoke D'Ziriak (which I decided sounds like "Meep meep meepmeepmeep!")

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tinkergoth wrote:
Just watched the Legends of Tomorrow trailer, Rip Hunter is being played by Arthur Darvill. I am 100% on board with this show.

Ten bucks says someone asks him:

"What did you say you were? A Time... Lord?"

"No, Time Master! Why does everyone keep mixing that up?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
lemeres wrote:

They went back on the original FAQ, and now, it only works for prerequisites that specifically call out for that spell (like dimensional agility and dimensional door via things like abundant step).

So at least you can still use that Minor Magic talent to satisfy the mage hand prerequisite for Arcane Trickster, and use Witch or Bloodrager for your arcane class.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Ranger 2 - HP (20/20) AC 14 - Perc. 14 - S +2/D +5/Co +2/I +1/W +2/Ch -1 - HD 2/2

"Well, it IS on the way..."

-Posted with Wayfinder

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I GM'd "Mists of Mwangi," and the PCs walked into a room full of stuffed monsters (chimeras, large bears, etc.) that would have easily outclassed their low-level party. I placed minis on the map to represent the stuffed creatures, and as experienced adventurers, the PCs assumed they would spring to life at any moment and attack. I stayed quiet while they all jockeyed for the perfect position, ready to pounce if any of the things so much as twitched.

Once they were all settled, the masks mounted on the walls (which I had not placed minis for yet) animate and get them from behind.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Snow wrote:

On another related matter, the other "chikification" in the movie, with Romanov being held captive by Ultron? yeah, that's not convincing either. Romanov is kidnapped after a scene where she is incredibly compatent (she was snatched out of the air during leaping alongside the cargo she was after between aircrafts, after all. Hard to say she was passive there).

If you want to have Ultron kidnap someone, it has to be one of the normals (try holding Thor imprisoned, why donthca) - Tony Stark, Hawkeye or Romanov. It can't be Stark because he was needed to create Vision. It can't be Hawkeye because he spent the entirety of the previous movie mind controlled by the bad guy so this movie was all about returning maximum heroic screen time to him. That leaves you with Romanov.

Really, she spent a lot of her screen time coming face-to-face with how out of place she really is. She can't fight as well as all the powered heroes, and she can't have a family like the other non-powered hero. At the party at the beginning, she listens to two of her teammates bragging about their girlfriends, but then she (the master manipulator who outwitted Loki), can't even get Banner interested.

When she's captured, she's faced with the possibility that she is just as much a liability as an asset to the team. But when she gets the chance to run off and find Banner and try to live happily ever after with him, she instead decides to stay behind and use the one thing she does have to offer, to train the new people. It was really a great character arc for her.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Have you checked out the Sleepless Detective prestige class? It gets a handful of investigative SLAs, moderate skills, and a bit of sneak attack. Could be pretty good going off of a Sleuth Investigator.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Ranger 2 - HP (20/20) AC 14 - Perc. 14 - S +2/D +5/Co +2/I +1/W +2/Ch -1 - HD 2/2

Gordon wakes up refreshed. "Whoa... I know magic"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Animate Objects on their cannons.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Go Gunslinger, but take a one-level dip into Zen Archer for Precise Shot as a bonus feat, plus Wis to AC. Gun-fu monk.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM_Blake wrote:

Yes, RavingDork. Wear your fogcutter goggles on your face and your sniper goggles on your eyes. I'm sure that's the intent.

Two sets of goggles at once? That's steampunk as f@#&!

*** RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 aka RainyDayNinja

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Arkos wrote:

I'm still hoping to see Daughters of Fury hit AR at some point because I so-very-badly want the totally meta thrill of purchasing an item I designed and then using it like crazy.

I know it's kind of a niche dream, but it's my dream.

I know that feel, bro. All of my characters will be toting some Ironmorph Dust ASAP.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Caineach wrote:
Shadowborn wrote:
You'd think if he was going to run all the way to Coast City for pizza, he'd have brought back another three just for himself.
Are you sure he didn't just eat them on the way?

That sounds... difficult.

*Pulls slice out of box*
*Slice instantly splatters all over his face*

*** RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 aka RainyDayNinja

2 people marked this as a favorite.
LazarX wrote:
If he can not write, he can give oral reportage with exacting detail of his voyages, his surroundings, and his companions.

Clerk: "Venture-Captain, I have the latest report from the Pathfinders sent to the Blakros Museum."

Dreng: "Very well, put it on my desk."

C: "I'm afraid I can't do that, sir."

D: "Why not?"

C: "Well... it's a singing telegram."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

3 people marked this as a favorite.

The better question is: Is it worth it? There are only so many places a naked guy can hide a dagger...

*** RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 aka RainyDayNinja

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I assume it's less about power and more about the HUGE potential for PvP. A member of the Pure Legion would find it hard, if not impossible, to follow the motto of the Society when partnered with divine casters.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dirge Bard 6 | AC 20 T 13 FF 17 | HP 45/45 | F +5 R +8 W +5 | Init +9 | Perc +0 (Darkvision 60) | Sense Motive +9 | Performance 18/19

"I mean, one is eccentric, but two starts to look like a bad habit."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
I'm Hiding In Your Closet wrote:

"If he were a flavor, you can bet he would be sour!"

"Even the vegetables don't like him!"

The Muppet Christmas Carol (tied with Die Hard as the best Christmas movie ever).

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

If you're making a battle-focused cleric, is there a particular reason you're not making a Warpriest instead?

My brother played a Iomedaen battle cleric, and he was a big fan of the Heroism subdomain.

Crusader archetype is probably worth it if you don't plan on doing much spellcasting in combat.

As for traits, Fate's Favored is a must. I'd also suggest Divine Warrior, which gives you a +1 trait bonus to damage on any weapon affected by one of your divine spells. My Oracle uses that with reinforce armaments for the 10 minutes/level duration to hand out to other party members. Or hand out continual flame to other people, so they get permanently flaming swords with damage boosts.

So off the top of my head, I'd go with something like:
Half-Orc Cleric (Crusader) of Iomedae
16/12/14/10/16/8
Alt. racial trait: Sacred Tattoo
Traits: Fate's Favored, Divine Warrior
1: Heavy Armor Proficiency, Weapon Focus
2:
3: Power Attack
4: +1 Str
5: Shield Focus, Disciple of the Sword
6:
7: Heighten Spell (to hand out deeper darkness-busting, damage boosting continual flames to allies.)
8: +1 Str
9: Shield Specialization
10: Greater Weapon Focus
11: Divine Interference

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Two sessions later, they're confused and think they're attacking the president of Kenya. Apparently they think the names sound similar.

"Kenya? Wait, wasn't he Irish?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

2 people marked this as a favorite.
ryric wrote:
My first thought was seeing a news story about ISIS or some other group, and immediately gathering up my friends, arming ourselves, flying out to that region, and attempting to wipe out the bad guys by randomly wandering around the area looking in random caves and buildings.

Hey, in this version of reality, maybe Ron Paul's idea to issue letters of marque against terrorists would have gained some traction!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Snow wrote:
RainyDayNinja wrote:
Lord Snow wrote:

So if the only option for *everyone* is to use slates, everyone will. And when that happens, the competition will shift from competing books to competing slates. And I don't think anyone seriously thinks that slates aren't correlated with social cliques and political views. So, the entire focus of the awards is less about the books and more about competing factions in the SFF community.

Do you agree that this is a way in which slate voting can cause harm without using coercion or any other explicit illicit behavior?

I don't think it will be as bad as all that. I'm sure that some of the worst racial agitators (such as K. Tempest Bradford, who helped institute literal racial segregation at a SF con) will try to counter Vox Day's "anti-SJW" slate with a slate aiming to exclude white men, but hopefully more independently-minded voters will outnumber them enough that at least some apolitical/moderate works find traction on both sides and make it on the ballot on the strength of the actual writing.

Wait, what?!

Did she seriously do this, or are you in some way presenting facts out of context?

At WisCon (I think it's a yearly thing) they have a lounge where white people are not allowed. Admission is explicitly based on skin color. I'm told it skirts anti-discrimination laws because you have to pay to for admission to the con, therefore it doesn't count as "public accomodation."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hrothdane wrote:

Where is the evidence there was any sort of organized liberal cabal, that quality works were systematically excluded from the process because they didn't meet an arbitrary level of social conscience?

Actually, I was pointed to this blog post by Vox Day, in which he compares the nomination tallies of Tor authors/editors.

Quote:


2008

43 Best Fan Writer John Scalzi
41 Best Novel The Last Colony John Scalzi
40 Best Novel Halting State Charles Stross
...
2014

120 Best Novel Neptune's Brood Charles Stross
127 Best Novella Equoid Charles Stross
118 Best Novelette Lady Astronaut of Mars Mary Kowal
...
2012

49 Best Novel The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
48 Best Novel Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi
44 Best Editor Patrick Nielsen Hayden

Those numbers certainly seem suggestive to me, if not of malicious manipulation, then at least a lot of mutual backscratching among Tor authors/editors/superfans. Add to that the week leading up to the announcement, when the Nielson Haydens openly admitted to knowing not only what the non-Puppy nominees were, but also that the Hugo administrators were upset about it. The very existence of that kind of rumor mill speaks to an unhealthy level of behind-the-scenes activity.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
thejeff wrote:

Just for the record: Castalia House is a lesser publisher. Barely known even in Finland, as far as I can tell. Maybe just an e-publisher, I'm not sure. So on that front it qualifies.

OTOH, it's Vox Day's project. He's lead editor. So his Rabid Puppies slate doesn't look so much like a principled struggle for either smaller publishers or against leftist bias, but just using backlash against SJWs to push his own business. Without, by the way, making that connection clear on the post where he recommended the slate.

Yeah, it looks like Vox got a taste of the glory with his nomination last year, and releasted a tangential slate of stuff he published, either because he wanted it again so badly, or he wanted to burn it all down. After all, he is, as far as I can tell, literally a professional internet troll.

On the other hand, the only two pieces of John C. Wright's fiction I've read, I both liked and nominated (one was a short story not on the ballot), so I'm optimistic about the rest of his nominated stuff.

My biggest disappointment is that I couldn't get "Video Game High School" or "Too Many Cooks" on the shortlist for Dramatic Presentation...

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
PRD, Underwater Combat wrote:
A completely submerged creature has total cover against opponents on land unless those opponents have freedom of movement effects. Magical effects are unaffected except for those that require attack rolls (which are treated like any other effects) and fire effects.

So it sounds like it would negate the cover for spells requiring a ranged touch attack.

*** RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 aka RainyDayNinja

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Joseph Kellogg wrote:
Your GM credit never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever has anything to do with what happened in the game when you ran it.

Actually... that's not entirely accurate...

Murder on the Throaty Mermaid some GM rewards are based on the player's play through.

Which is why I stopped at only 112 "evers," obviously.

*** RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 aka RainyDayNinja

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sammy T wrote:
thejeff wrote:
But none of that, other than survival, comes back to the Core campaign with him.

That's a pretty big caveat considering it's more likely you as an individual will use less resources & have easier encounters in the standard campaign if you're being carried by folks with the newest, shiniest synergized options.

Let's say you were a L6 core barbarian and you fought the same encounter in with a Core party and a Standard party--I think we can generally agree that the Standard party will have an easier go of it on average. The Core character will start to accrue subtle advantages when they return to Core--maybe they have more charges left on their CLW wand thanks to a Life Oracle, maybe they didn't have to use an Oil of Daylight because there was an Aasimar, maybe they never used their Ghost Touch arrows because a caster used a Mnemonic Vestment to use a Mass Ghostbane Dirge scroll...so, when that character returns to the Core game, he has a material advantage over those people who maybe had to use up more of their wand charges and burned another 2PP, used their oil of daylight and spent 750 gp for another, or bought Restorations because they struggled with Shadows who ambushed them.

That's all true... but the Core campaign isn't being promoted as "Hard Mode." In fact, it's specifically being touted as beginner-friendly. So to say that Core games will somehow be tainted by characters who have had an easier time because they played in non-Core games elsewhere isn't really the issue.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Have you considered a Weapon and Shield style ranger? You could TWF with your improvised paintbrush weapon and a shield as your palette, and it gets plenty of skill points.

*** RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 aka RainyDayNinja

1 person marked this as a favorite.

You can get vials of djezet from [REDACTED], which you can buy and give to a level 7+ cleric to get a 4th-level daylight.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Does Golarion have an equivalent of "protected designation of origin," like with Champagne and Roquefort cheese? Are dwarves required to advertise their versions as "imitation Elven-style processed sword products"?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Check the discoveries; the ones with * can't be combined with each other on a bomb.

Splash Weapon Mastery is a good feat, from Adventurer's Armory if you have it. It lets you nudge your misses, and mold your splash radius a bit. Not vital though.

Your list looks good, but I'd retrain Rapid Shot for Force Bombs or Confusion Bombs as soon as you get boots of speed. 3 bombs/round is going to chew through your ammo too fast, and I wouldn't risk the -2 on all the attacks because misses hurt. I usually don't even use my iterative attack unless I really need to pump out damage fast.

Depending on how you pro-social you want to be, you might also want to pick up the Infusion discovery, so you can hand your extracts to teammates. Two-handed martial classes will really appreciate a shield or barkskin here and there. I didn't get it until level 10, when I had too many extracts to spend on self-buffs.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Playing a game of Forgotten Futures with my brothers and one sister-in-law, in the first session of a homebrew adventure in which Burroughs' Red Martians allied with the Apache...

The group is hired to go to a gold mining operation to investigate why the last shipment never arrived. When they get there, they find the camp slaughtered, while in a valley over the ridge, an Apache war camp is mustered. I intended them to only scout it out, and so described the overwhelming numbers and heightened security around the camp.

"So this is a mine, right? That means they have explosives."

They then proceeded to fill the cart they arrived in with explosives, light it on fire, then roll it down the hill. This is after they planted shrapnel traps poisoned with cyanide (because one of them happened to know that cyanide is used to extract gold from ore), and the sharpshooter took up a safe position. So that camp was essentially slaughtered, based on guilt-by-proximity.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I built one who is an emberkin aasimar (+2 Int and Cha) bard. High Int and bardic knowledge means tons of skills and good Knowledges. If you want to go all-out, get a wand of Knock.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Readerbreeder wrote:
I'm currently working my way through The Rithmatist, by Brandon Sanderson. Between that and Elantris, it seems that Sanderson can create magic systems like nobody's business. Is this constant throughout his writing, or does it flare up at some times and not others?

Sanderson's hallmark is rigorously defined magic systems. In fact, he coined "Sanderson's Law" of fantasy writing, which states that the ability of magic to resolve conflict is directly proportional to how well the reader understands how that magic works.

*** RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 aka RainyDayNinja

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Keep in mind Iomedae isn't just the goddess of righteous ass-kickery, but also of justice and honor. Your paladin could travel with the Pathfinders to ensure they deal fairly with the people they meet.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Snow wrote:

I don't think I will buy another audiobook though, mostly because of their prices - 2 or 3 times that of a normal kindle book. I don't want to overspend on books so getting the audio ones might actually reduce the number of books I read, which I don't care for.

You should check out LibriVox. They have a bunch of volunteer-read audiobooks of public domain works. Of course it's all older stuff, but free audiobook collections of Sherlock Holmes stories, etc. is nothing to sneeze at.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Because this one could be easily mistaken, I'll give a few hints along with it.

*A snowglobe is placed on a table*

*A man loads his revolver, spins his gun into place, sets it down.*

*He lights a match, lights a cigarette, and takes a smoke.*

*Pan to a window - you can see people creeping onto the porch of the house, one with a gun, one with a crowbar.*

E: "Damn. I was really starting to like this place."

*puts out cigarette on a table with bottle caps*

It sounds like Fallout: New Vegas...

...dear God, please tell me there's a Fallout: New Vegas movie out there somewhere!

*** RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 aka RainyDayNinja

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Jiggy wrote:
The Disappeared was actually the culprit I had in mind with "splitting up makes sense, but it doesn't work". The punishment for creative thinking actually causes that scenario to reinforce the "murderhobo" mindset, IMO.

We didn't fail because of splitting up or "creative thinking." We failed because you locked yourself in a room with the only key (ignoring my protests), then aggro'd a fight by yourself.

I told you I wasn't going to let you live that down.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hey cool! I'm in some great company.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

For rapier-style fighting, you'll definitely want the ACG and probably Advanced Class Origins for the Fencing Grace feat as well. But you can play a pretty good Dex-based fighter with mostly Core if you go with an Elven Curved Blade

My wife is running one, and even with only 14 Strength and Power Attack, because it's a two-handed weapon, she hits hard for a Dex-based build. At 6th level, she's hitting at +12 for 1d10+13, with a 15-20 crit threat range. The only non-core element she uses so far is the Lore Warden archetype which boosts her skills and Combat Maneuvers, at the expense of armor and shield proficiencies she's not using anyway.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Dedicated Voter 2015

4 people marked this as a favorite.

A chicken in every pot, a car in every garage, and a Kellogg in every Top 32! Huzzah!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Have you considered running it as a chase scene? Put some obstacles in the way like streams, collapsing logs, or panicking wildlife.

1 to 50 of 461 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

©2002–2015 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.