|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
I don't know how to do it mechanically, but a system without classes, just a menu of abilities to choose from at each level, with prerequisites of course.
The class is called 'hero'. The hero gets the following abilites:
Lvl1: Saves +1/+1/+1; BAB +1; 1 Feat; 4 skill points
Lvl3: Saves +1/+1/+1; BAB +1; 1 Feat; 4 skill points
Lvl5: Saves +1/+1/+1; BAB +1; 1 Feat; 4 skill points
Lvl7: Saves +1/+1/+1; BAB +1; 1 Feat; 4 skill points
A/ Three MINOR abilities (you can only select each ability once) at each level. You must meet the prereqs (if any) before you can select an ability with prereqs.
B/ One MINOR and one INTERMEDIATE abilty at each level. You must meet the prereqs (if any) before you can select an ability with prereqs.
C/ One MAJOR ability at each level. You must meet the prereqs (if any) before you can select an ability with prereqs.
+2 Skill points; +1 Feat; +1D4 precision damage; +1 BAB; +1 Fort Save; +1 Reflex Save; +1 Will Save; +2 rounds of rage per day; +2 rounds of performance per day
+5 Skill points; +1 spell known & +1 spell slot of the highest level you can cast; ...
- +10 Skill points
- +10 base land speed (can only be taken 3 times in total)
- Magic user (you can learn and cast spells; only one spell list which is a combination of divine and arcane);
- Channeling (prereq: magic user; you can use a spell slot to channel energy, can be used for healing or damaging)
- Fury (you can rage: +4 strength, +4 con, +2 will saves while in rage. You can rage for 2+con mod rounds per day);
- Iron Skin (prereq Fury): DRx/- where x is half your class level
- Trap sense (you can detect and disable mechanical traps and gain a bonus on your save versus traps equal to 1/2 your level);
- Improved trap sense (prereq Trap Sense; you can detect and disable magical traps);
- Musician (something like the bardic songs with inspire courage)
- Vituoso (prereq musician; but can now inspire competence, etc)
Of course this is a flawed example, but I just wanted to get the idea across. Endless versatility with one core class :-)
Hope you get the jist :-)