Right now I have a party at L12 about to enter a complex full of fiendish giants in order to destroy an altar dedicated to Lamashtu.
The place is populated with various giants, but I would like to throw in a few other creatures to make it more interesting.
Right now I have:
* A lamia matriarch leader with sorcerer levels
* A whole lot of fiendish ogres - the front lines of these are Fighter 5, the lesser ones warrior 2 (the warrior 2 ones are more of a speedbump)
* Some ghosts controlled by the Lamia through an artifact
* An allied tribe of Shagra (hairy ogres) many of whom are werewolves
* An allied tribe of hill giants, many of whom are ghouls
* The Nabasu demon that turned those hill giants into ghouls - he now has a pile of growth points (he is an object of worship for the hill giants as an emissary of Kabriri)
What I figure I need are some guard animal type creatures and maybe some summoned creatures. I don't want to use a Glabrezu or Nalfeshnee as these are coming up later in the game.
I'd also like to throw some dangerous small creatures at them. Most of what they have fought lately has been large or bigger.