Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Snowdrifter

Paul Watson's page

Goblin Squad Member. Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber. Pathfinder Society Member. 3,396 posts (3,515 including aliases). 5 reviews. 1 list. 1 wishlist. 1 Pathfinder Society character. 1 alias.


RSS

1 to 50 of 3,396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Pillbug Toenibbler wrote:
Justin Norvegicus wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
I have determined that Donald Trump is nothing more then a moldy Jack-o-Lantern on top of an expensive suit being manipulated using pulleys and speakers and such by small Don Bluth-ian mice bent on not only eradicating humans and cats, but to also get revenge on Disney for not bankrolling Fievel, An American Tale.
Oh hell no! We are not taking the blame for this!
That's good. I still have a $50 bet that Trump is actually Snowball or The Brain in a robot "human" suit.

Would that make Mike Pence Pinkie? narf

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Oh, they've decided to slow things down a little, have they?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

But, Brain, where are we going to find someone to break into the Watergate Hotel at this time of day? narf.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Captain Battletoad wrote:
thejeff wrote:
Orfamay Quest wrote:
Hitdice wrote:
I think requiring every unformed police officer in the US to wear a body camera and 100% records transparency of the footage would do a lot to solve the situation, but given that the FoP endorsed Trump, that feel like a magic wand solution if not full-on arch and darkly sarcastic.

I had a similar thought that might be more plausible; oral testimony by law enforcement is not admissible in court unless supported by physical evidence. I'm not sure if this qualifies as darkly sarcastic. So we've got the same situation as we have now -- police don't have to wear body cameras if they don't want to, they can turn them off any time they want, and the department doesn't need to release them if it doesn't feel like it.

But when the officer is sued for wrongful death, he has literally no way to make a defense if any of those happen.

Defense Attorney: I call Officer O'Malley to the stand in his own defense.
Plaintiff's Attorney: Objection! No foundation laid! There is no video supporting his testimony!
Judge: Sustained. Move on to your next witness, counsellor.
Defense Attorney: I object! His camera was turned off at the time!
Judge: Overruled. Move on, counsellor.
Defense Attorney: But how can I defend him in this case?
Judge: If I have to tell you to move on one more time, you'll be in contempt.
Defense Attorney: (Sigh). The defense rests.
Plaintiff's Attorney: Your honor, we move for ...
Judge (interrupting): Yes, I know. Motion for a judgment as a matter of law in favor of the plaintiff is hereby granted on all counts.

Better: treat turning off your camera as destroyed evidence. The court should assume that if you turned it off, it was for a reason. If you destroy evidence the court should assume that the destroyed evidence was strongly against you.

However, that's all magic wand solution. And probably, if there was the will to do it, it wouldn't be necessary.
It's the political will that's the

...

If the camera turns off just as he's beating the s#$$ out of/shooting a suspect, well, that would be mighty convenient, wouldn't it? If it goes off when there's nothing going on (most likely option) the cop can get it sorted and there's no problem. But a 'camera malfunction' at just the time it's needed to f*@* up the evidence? I'd assume ill intent for that one.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Bob,
Maybe go as a Seakie. After all, if you can have mer-ewoks, you can have mer-wookies.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Syrus Terrigan wrote:
...

Syrus,

You seem to be argung that because gun bans aren't 100% effective, which, I agree, they're not, that they shouldn't be implemented. Could you let me know of any law with a 100% effectiveness rate? If you meant soemthing else with the comment about reductions being statistical and your bolded comment, could you explain further as I clearly didn't understand your point?

On guns being useful to defend against an attack, spoilered as its long and tangential.

Spoiler:
This doesn't work very well in practice. Without special training, people will often freeze in a shock situation, or miss because even if you're a great shot on a shooting range it's very different when you're being attacked.

There's also the problem of the attacker already being armed and in your face before you notice, thus making it much harder to draw your gun without getting shot or stabbed. Unless you're constantly looking out for threarts, which is mentally exhausting and a s!$&ty way to have to live a life, you're likely to be surprised by the confrotation because it's not usual in your life.

I've been mugged myself. I was not armed, but if I had been, I would have been in exactly the same situation: The attacker has a knife out, I don't. He can stab me before I can get any weapon out. Even if I get the weapon out, we're now equal and he has the advantage because he initated the confrontation. In game terms, he has a surprise round on me and a readied action. At low levels, like me, thet's painful. Even if you're actually trained in self-defence, it's hard to concentrate when the adrenaline hits that hard. I mean the police and military personnel aren't perfect in their target selection and they've acxtually had to pass training with their weapons. Civillians are in a worse position, competency wise.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Kalindlara wrote:
Divine Anthology wrote:
Warpriests, as a hybrid class of cleric and fighter, should be treated as clerics in this regard for determining what variant spellcasting options are available to them depending on the deity they worship.
Given the explanation used, it seems only reasonable to treat hunters as druids for that purpose as well. ^_^

Personally, I'd treat them as Druids or Rangers as a few of the deities have unique ranger spells or uniquely levelled ranger spells.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

It's explicitly stated in the Divine Anthology, which is available generally soon and is already with some subscribers.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Scott Betts wrote:
Fergie wrote:
The best was a shirt I saw today that said "Meh. Whatever, 2016" with a waving stars and stripes. Everyone loved it.
Because nothing is cooler than a depressing mix of ignorance, apathy, and cynicism proudly displayed across one's chest.

The original cool dude from Rebel Without a Cause, James Dean, in the cool dude scene itself:

"What are you rebelling against, Johnny?"
"I dunno. Whatcha got?"
A depressing mix of ignorance, apathy and cynicism pretty much defines 'cool'.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Assuming the polls are completely independent events, you would multiply the chance by the number of events, as you did.
Now, polls aren't truly independent. They often use proxies which shrinks the voting pool. A company may reuse previous lists. Some of the polls are location or demographic dependent and so wouldn't necessarily include the whole population.
However, to avoid going completely insane, treating them as independent is good enough for a quick argument.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,

The best of luck to Liz, Lilith, the gninja slayer of wallets and whoever else you may be on your travels. As the thread shows, you'll be deeply missed for your compassion, kindness and humour.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Aimless wrote:
thejeff wrote:
Aimless wrote:
jemstone wrote:
Snowblind wrote:

I wouldn't go as far to call it "objectively" better. Character development aside, V is a blaster and an enchanter. Xe* is exactly the sort of wizard who would want to target xir enemies with impunity while hiding behind the safety of invisibility. Whether it is worth the extra spell levels is debatable, but V *could* get good use out of it over invisibility.

*man, writing with gender neutral pronowns feels wierd

Use They/Their/Them.

Gender neutral pronouns that have existed since the modern language was codified. And nearly all of my non-binary friends prefer them, to boot.

They/their/them are plural, correct? What is the gender neutral singular pronoun besides "it" that would work well? I'm really curious in the "I want to know so as to better communicate" form of curiosity.
"They/their/them" works perfectly well when you want to refer to someone, but you're uncertain of their gender.
Coolness. Seems odd that they/their/them applies to an individual, but I'll happily take it!

You probably use it a lot but don't realise it.

"Hey, someone's left their wallet behind."
"Oh, I hope they come back for it."
"Yeah, sucks to be them now, though."

Not that uncommon, but people always seem to think it's odd.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Apparently, the Haunted Heroes Handbook has rules for a Wendo channelling Medium, which may be relevant.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
EltonJ wrote:
Paul Watson wrote:

Elton,

Ther's also the Juju oracle mystery which appears in Faith and Pantheons as well as some more detail on Voudoun-like spirits in Pathfinder 39: city of Seven-Spears

Thank you very much!! :)

Paul, I'm having a hard time finding the pdf. Do you have a link?

Here's City of Seven Spears.

And here's Faiths and Philosophies

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Liz Courts wrote:
Paul Watson wrote:

It is soon

Damn ninjas!

>.>

<.<
...
^_^

As the absense of a g shows, I did not mean our esteemed community ma-gninja. :-)

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Elton,
Ther's also the Juju oracle mystery which appears in Faith and Pantheons as well as some more detail on Voudoun-like spirits in Pathfinder 39: city of Seven-Spears

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

It is soon

Damn ninjas!

Liberty's Edge

8 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Lou,
Given people are still talking about Benghazi even though that was investigated to death and found nothing to be wrong with her conduct, I doubt another ten inquiries would be enough. As thejeff said, right now any Republican call for an investigation into Clinton is "boy who cried wolf" stuff. She's been investigated for more than 2 decades and bugger all has been found. She's either no more guilty than any other politician, or she's a criminal mastermind who's able to evade all areas of government and the FBI leaving less trace than a high level rogue with a ring of invisibility. One of these things is a little more likely than the other.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

At first level my military bard with Catch-Off Guard killed more things with his shovel than his longsword. Sooooo many skeletons. The rest of the players still refer to him as the Shovel Knight and I haven't used it in months.
Although now with Versatile Weapon it makes it more useful again.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Around 8, Red Book Basic D&D and Mayfair's DC super-heroes.

Liberty's Edge

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Samy wrote:
Enh. I think I have enough APs for now. Hope you guys like it.

Enough APs? o_O BURN THE HERETIC!!!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Orfamay Quest wrote:
Sarcasm Dragon wrote:


But Claude Shannon studied at University of Michigan. Michigan is the state where Mitt Romney was born. Mitt Romney is Mormon. Mormons are a cult that oppose traditional family values, so anything Claude Shannon said is part of the conspiracy to degrade American values.

And thus the true foundations of mathematics are laid bare.

Russell and Whitehead were wrong. Math isn't based on set theory. Even in 1910, math was merely a plot to make sure the yet-to-be-born Hillary Clinton became president.

I've heard crazier conspiracy theories.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
DM Wellard wrote:

And now the man who got us all into this mess has been appointed to the post of Foreign Secretary..in other words "You got us into this Boris now deal with the consequences" Talk about being handed a poison chalice

Serves the bugger right

Except the rest of us have to suffer, too.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

ACG, Page 62 under Spontaneous Casting

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Charles, They did. Repeatedly. It didn't matter, the same lies were trotted out milliseconds after the Leave camp admitted they were lies.
Plus the whole "the british people have had enough if experts" is posibly ture. We've always been suspicious of people smarter ths. ourselve. Not quite as bad as the States but certainly there.
Plus plus, it's hard to stand up to propoganda when you've been fuelling it. What were Cameron and Os bourne suppsoed to say?" Well, actually, cahps, the EU is pretty good for us. I know, I know, I always say how hard I'm battling the, to cut red tape, but really, it's a pretty good arrangement."

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Condolences to all who knew him.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Paul Watson wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
Well, there's one positive - in few years, no more Nigel Farage venting his silly talks in the European Parliament at the expense of my taxes. It's a small consolation, but you gotta dig for those silver linings.
Didn't you hear? He's going to be our ambassador, given his experience in Europe (and the fact that we want him as far away from us as we can get.)

I was joking about this but heard some numpty on the radio suggest that to "heal the divisions" Niggel Farage should be heavily involved in the Brexit negotiating team. Heal the divisions?! Heal the f@&&ing divisions?! The divisions are between Leave and Remain, putting the chief immigrantmonger anywhere that allows him the oxygen of publicity* is not going to heal the divisions unless you're only cpncerned with the divisions in the right wing of the country and those 48% of us who aren't "ordinary people, real people, decent people" can just go f~~# ourselves. And Nigel "the most hated man in the European parliament" Farage as a negotiator?! Good grief. If this is the intellectual level we've got, we are even more screwed than I thought.

F#** it all. I'll stay an extraordinary indecent figment of my imagination for a bit longer. I'm sure i can organise a Pathfinder campaign in the reeducation camp.

*=to quote the late, lamented Linda Smith "I'm not sure I like him having the oxygen of oxygen."

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Gorbacz wrote:
Well, there's one positive - in few years, no more Nigel Farage venting his silly talks in the European Parliament at the expense of my taxes. It's a small consolation, but you gotta dig for those silver linings.

Didn't you hear? He's going to be our ambassador, given his experience in Europe (and the fact that we want him as far away from us as we can get.)

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
thejeff wrote:
Set wrote:
Ninja in the Rye wrote:
I don't know, I think that over the majority of Marvel history I'd say that Reed and Doom have, by default, been understood as a cut above the rest, particularly in terms of being polymaths who are masters of almost every area of science (and Doom, of course, is a near Dr. Strange level master of magic as well).

Doom's 'mastery' of magic seems to come and go. For decades he was *said* to know stuff about magic, but rarely, if ever, *did* any magic. So when he's touted as a potential Sorcerer Supreme, I'm all 'the what now?'

But yeah, he (and Reed) are very much the 'Professor' sort of scientist, just arbitrarily good at *everything,* which does set them a cut above specialists like Tony Stark or Hank McCoy or Emma Frost (who was a genius inventor, once upon a time, able to create mind-switching psi-tech that even Xavier found perplexing, until she reverted to a stripper with telepathy and fake bazongas).

That's pretty much my take on Doom's sorcery. If he really was anywhere near Strange's level, that should be a much larger part of his abilities than he almost always uses. If nothing else, the FF have almost no defences against magic - spy on and harass them in astral form, for example. He's a dabbler with some talent and that's how he's been portrayed the vast majority of the time.

As for Frost, I'd say it's more the "genius inventor" part that was out of character. That's the one-off "I made an impossible device for this one storyline" case.

Oh, please, as if Emma would do something as mundane as inventing. She has people for that. And the ones who came up with that device were very well-rewarded. And all of the carecosts after their tragic coma-inducing breakdowns are being picked up by Frost Industries. It's the very least she could do.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Thomas Seitz wrote:
HK-47 wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Meat thinking?

What the hell is that?!

You're all meat bags in my book.

*isn't a meat bag* Just a guy made of stuff that also has his soul on loan to a few thousand arch-fiends...

As for who the smartest entity in the Marvel Universe is, I'd have to say Deadpool's mouth. :p

FTFY. :-)

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
thegreenteagamer wrote:

I'm reminded particularly today that it sucks that the only time you can call up and get some free counseling in America is when you're suicidal.

Sometimes you're just having in general and wanting to talk to someone, but not enough to kill yourself, to where one of those hotlines would be wasting valuable time for volunteers who could be talking someone off the edge. Otherwise it's just "shell out cash or GTFO" as far as counselors in this country are concerned.

In the UK, the Samritans charity, who run the hotlines, will listen to you in crisis even if you're not suicidal. One of my crises hit at 4am and there's no way I was phoning my friends or family at that time. So, after a lot of "I'd be wasting their time and keeping them from someone who really needs help", I phoned them and they let me babble on through sobs until I'd talked myself into what passes for normal, or at least under control.

Liberty's Edge

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Jack of Dust wrote:
I have this horrible image in my mind of Techno-Bards running around....

Do we get flamer-thrower guitars?

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Sissyl wrote:
Paul Watson wrote:
Plus what other colour could you wear for an international proletariat socialist revolution? And it hides the inevitable bloodstains.
Coagulated blood is dark brown. I never understood that redcap nonsense.

*Bows to superior experience with blood. Backs away slowly, never taking eyes off Sissyl.*

Liberty's Edge

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Plus what other colour could you wear for an international proletariat socialist revolution? And it hides the inevitable bloodstains.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

ISTJ. Just to act as counterbalnce to all these crazy Ns.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

2 paths per year, one every 6 months

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Yes, but what I mean is Paizo tend to be cautious with new product lines. If the AP doesn't sell well, its less traumatic for the business, and the staff involved, to cancel it rather than cancelling it, Campaign Setting and Companion lines.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

I'm currently taking medication for mild depression. Triggered by several stress-related incidents that overwhelmed my ability to cope and basically reduced me to a crying mess unable to function properly. I have never seriously considered suicide but without the medications, which have (according to others) brought my old self back, I doubt I'd havwe been able to continue at my job, even with the support of my manager who has been incredibly supportive. However, I still have my old tendencies towards self-criticism and to pick andprod at things until they're 'fixed', including me.
I don't think it's influenced me much in rpg terms. I was always strange and introverted (every test puts my into the top 1% for introversion at the low end).

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

It's how Pathfinder started. Well, tehcnically it's got core rule which is more than Pathfinder got for four APs. Seemed to do ok that time. If interest and sales, and staff madness, warrant, I'm sure they'll expand the Starfinder line as they did Pathfinder: cautiously.
(For info: Pathfinder AP 1 was August 2007, Crown of the Kobold King (first module): June 2007, Guide to Korvosa (first Campaign Setting book): MAr 2008, Elves of Golarion (First Companion): Oct 2008) so for about a year, there was nothing but Adventure Paths for the line.)

You kids and your compartmentalised, discrete book lines. Spoiled, I tells ya, and get off my lawn!

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Hayato Ken wrote:

Ashiel is making real good points. It also seems i remember even less about previous editions than i thought^^

It´s a funny thing, just like with wanting an "old school" game. I stated somewhere else that this says nothing about the game, since so many different people understand different things about it. The same seems to apply here.

So Paul Watson and HWalsh, what editions of the game have you actually been playing? I mainly played Pathfinder admittedly.

Red box and eveything up to 4E. Now mostly Pathfinder. And several oher non-D&D types.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Ok, Ash, so, explain why explicitly channelling the power of Hell, a definitely evil plane, is good. not 'not evil' actively good. Explain how calling on Asmodeus, master of the pit, and infernal tyrant, is good. Ends AND means matter. Is casting Infernal Healing an especially evil act? No. Its a venal sin, but it is evil. Can you accomplish good with evil tools? Yes, otherwise they'd be lousy tools for temptation, but that does not make the tool less evil. You can be good and use the tools of evil, but that doesn't change the fact that its evil. You won't necesarily become evil, but you are normalising the power of evil and making it seem less evil as it can be used for goood ends, thus giving hell free propaganda points and increasing its power in the world, thus evil. There, explanation.

I mean, for a counter example, if in the game I murder innocent people for money and use the money to set up orphanages, is that good? How about if its just stealing rather than assassination? Wire fraud? What crime can I commit to provide for the poor, homeless little orphans that the crime is actually a good act in your opinion?
Better example, if you could torture one soul everyday but it wpuld guarantee a blissful life for 1000, is that evil? If not, adjust either way until it is and explain the difference.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Apparently it's easier to be an antiquated, outdated old fart these day. I blame the parents.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Golarion is set up with objective alignment and certain spells being objectively evil to cast. Those are the setting rules. So, how about you stop trying to enforce your preferences on us, huh? We antiquated, outdated old farts are the one with the setting supporting us. Its you darn kids with your newfangled shades of grey who want to change things. Get off my darn* lawn.

*=And yes, its darn not damn because cussing isn't something decent folks do. At least not in my day. Honestly, kids today. No respect, I tell ya.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

*facepalm*

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Aranna,
Plate tectonics was mentioned as it took more than fifty years from being proposed to being accepted. When first proposed it was ridiculed and dismissed. More evidence came in and the scientists had to take it seriously. I'm sure you can see the parallels with global warming here.

Science is never fully settled. Inconvenient facts can, and will, always overturn existing science. So far, no one has found the inconvenient fact that overturns anthropogenic climate change. There is not a massive debte amongst people who study it. .and even if they had, we'd probbly still use it until. better representtion comes along. I mean, qunantum mechanics and classical relativity are incompatible. They cannot both be right, but they keep getting confirmed within their own fields and no one has been able to improve on them. We literally know one of them is wrong, but it's still close enough for mot thing sto be used.

Now, what specifically, do you want to know? Climate change is pretty much an entire scientific discipline so its going to be tough to condense the entire thing into something a layperson can understnd easily and I'm not an expert or a communictions specialist.

As for being rude, you try trying to explain and being called a liar nd part of a conspiracy at every turn. You'd get a lot less patient with people using the same "innocnet questions" as the people who've been abusing you. I was not trying to be insulting, but as I said. If you accept other areas of science, what is it about this that's the problem? Carbon dioxide is a known greenhouse gas. carbon dioxide accumulates in the atmosphere. carbon dioxide has been accumulating in the atmosphere, primarily through human activity (a combination of cutting down trees tht bsorb it, farming animals thatproduce it, and digging up sources from under the ground and burning them, thus pumping the whole lot into the atmosphere faster thn the natural systems can remove it.). the global average atmospheric temperature is increasing at a rate we have not seen in the geological record over the past hundred years. which of these is the most problematic part for you to understand/accept?

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Aranna wrote:
Paul Watson wrote:
Aranna wrote:
You know I am seeing a lot of people talking about this "settled" science. Could I get some links to sites that can explain it thoroughly in layman's terms?
Ten year old summary from New Scientist magazine. Not the most up to date, by any means, but should go through the basics for an educated layman level.

Thanks... but I was hoping for a more detailed break down of the science on each point; not just a list of the points.

In which case I'd suggest looking through New Scientist's more recent climate change articles as they're more likely to be more detailed on the individual points they're covering. Plus, you know, up to date rather than a decade old.

I'm curious, though. Do you have the same problem with quantum physics being true or not, given it has much less evidence than climate change? Evolution? Plate tectonics (remarkably controversial when first proposed)? I'm just not understanding how "I accept scientific findings. Except for that one which, even though it uses the same methods as every other part of science, I don't trust it." comes about. I'm not a climate science expert. But the people who are agree that this is happening, and happening for a given reason, with evidence to support it. What is there that suggests we shouldn't accept their findings that doesn't equally apply to every other area of science?

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Aranna wrote:
You know I am seeing a lot of people talking about this "settled" science. Could I get some links to sites that can explain it thoroughly in layman's terms?

Ten year old summary from New Scientist magazine. Not the most up to date, by any means, but should go through the basics for an educated layman level.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

On thought experiments: Existential Comics

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Not unless you're a worshipper of Urgathoa, per the AP article.
As you're not allowed to worship evil deities in PFS, you can't be a worshipper of the Pallid Princess, so can't get access to her deity-specific summons.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Aldrius wrote:
@Mudfoot: I'm certain it's not in widespread use, but tin foil is just flattened aluminum with traces of iron and silicon. I can easily imagine it being found as part of some specialized or professional tools such as alchemist kits. And who knows, with psychics now a thing, it's only a matter of time before someone creates a magical tin foil hat to give themselves a resistance to their abilities.

Too late. Go to the PRD for Occult adventures and look for Tin Cap.

1 to 50 of 3,396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

©2002–2016 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.