Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Treerazer

Mr. Slaad's page

Pathfinder Society Member. 321 posts. 10 reviews. No lists. No wishlists.


RSS

1 to 50 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

deinol wrote:
Mr. Slaad wrote:
While I'm not opposed to a pirate AP per se, it is disappointing to have three "themed" APs in a row (horror, asian, pirates). An AP in the vein of runelords or crimson throne would have been very preferable in the sequence.

Aren't all APs themed?

Council of Thieves was already similar to Crimson Throne, so I don't expect them to do another urban/political path that soon. I will admit an Absalom path would be cool in the future though.

I'm fairly certain the designers consider Jade Regent in the vein of runelords, considering it is sort of a sequel.

I for one am glad they are branching out to new areas. I'm sure that staff doesn't want to write the same AP over and over again as well too.

I don't think runelords is at all like jade regent, since one is an asian themed travel across the world and the other is a fairly standard (if extremely well-executed) big bad guy save the world ap.

I like branching out, but not every group wants to jump from kingdom sandbox to jungle travel to horror to asian travel to pirate sandbox. Maybe one or two more "normal" aps thrown somewhere in there.

Sovereign Court

While I'm not opposed to a pirate AP per se, it is disappointing to have three "themed" APs in a row (horror, asian, pirates). An AP in the vein of runelords or crimson throne would have been very preferable in the sequence.

Sovereign Court

At first I was going to skip this AP because I hate horror, but the adventures seem very cool. However, I'm worried that the levels are too low (although I guess you need to throw in a lower level AP every once in a while to keep everyone happy) and I will be interested to see how you connect seemingly disparate adventures containing ghosts, a mad scientist, werewolves, lovecraft stuff, vampires, and liches.

Sovereign Court

James Jacobs wrote:
Mr. Slaad wrote:
Are there any other Easter eggs like this tying APs together?

There's actually a lot of them. Some of them are pretty obvious, but others are pretty obscure. An example:

Amaya, one of the Children of Westcrown mentioned in Pathfinder #25, is related to Ameiko Kaijitsu, one of the more important characters in Rise of the Runelords (particularly in "Burnt Offerings.").

I often throw in easter eggs like this to make the APs, as far-flung as they might be, feel like they're all set in the same world. And sometimes I put in easter eggs that don't look back to a previous AP, but actually look forward to one we haven't yet published but will in the future some day.

Ironically, the one example you pick is one that I picked up on. Now you're making me reread all of the adventures...

Sovereign Court

Are there any other Easter eggs like this tying APs together?

Sovereign Court

Personally I like the hype and feeling generated by a big three-times-a-year product dump as opposed to a once a month trickle, but whatever's easiest for you is fine with me.

Sovereign Court

So will you be releasing info about new products one at a time now, or did you just want to finish serpents skull products asap?

Sovereign Court

Aren't new products normally announced in groups of four months?

Sovereign Court

GregH wrote:
Kirth Gersen wrote:
In 100 years, I doubt if anyone will remember who he was.

The very first African-American President of the United States won't be remembered?

Seriously?

Greg

He means Obama's a mediocre president. Obviously he'll be remembered, probably only on the basis that he's the first black president. He still has two years to change peoples' opinions of him.

Sovereign Court

Vic Wertz wrote:

We've fixed the PDF listing. Today is the retail release date, so that means the PDF is available for general sale today as well.

Awesome. Quick response as usual, thanks a lot.

Sovereign Court

I'd love to buy this, but I can't cause there is no pdf.

Sovereign Court

Tommaso Matteucci wrote:
Is it just me or the pdf edition of this book is not shown anywhere in the webstore?

I can't find it anywhere either.

Sovereign Court

Chaitrakhan
Churjiir
Lahamu
Splorudra

Sovereign Court

This has, hands-down, the BEST art in any paizo product ever. I don't know who the artists are, but every single piece of art (trust me, I checked every one) is simply beautiful. Use these artists more. and more. and more.

Sovereign Court

When will the product list be updated to include the rest of Kingmaker?

Sovereign Court

Can I make a request? Enough with the story experience. Pcs are getting thousands of xp for simply following the story. What is a character gains a level? A wizard won't suddenly learn new spells because he survived a party or fled from some hellknights instead of fighting them. A fighter won't learn some new maneuvers because he found a secret door. Why can't the characters gain their experience from combat?

Sovereign Court

What are the new support articles going to be?

Sovereign Court

Well, it's easy to thnk of, but the beastmaster ranger is useful for those players who want to have pets. I think that section is well done. I also like the additional options for the rogue (cutthroat and acrobat) which appear to play somewhat differently from the rogue builds in the PH. Warlords and fighters are not as good as the other two. The large number of options is always good, I just feel that the new fighter and warlock builds don't differ from the PH as much. Also paragon paths for all classes are a mixed bag, with some inspired and unique ones and some generic and dull ones. I have not thoroughly looked at epic destinies yet, but they the most flavorful part of the book, and appear to be fun to play.

A final note: I have no idea how they will be able to make a martial power 2 without adding magic into the mix. I think they have used up all purely martial ideas.

Sovereign Court

Sure Chris.
The best way to use the book is the supplement martial characters (obviously) and it works well that way, with lots of new options for each class. It is dry because in my opinion it is difficult to make a real fluffy supplement like this. However, it serves its purpose excellently. I have been very underwhelmed with the quality of all 4e sourcebooks except for the power series (martial, arcane, divine, etc etc). They are generally non-helpful and unnecessary, especially the very inferior manual of the planes (this may be a personal bias, as I loved the Great Wheel). The dryness of Martial Power is not a detriment to the book at all, simply a fact which, if taken as a negative, is vastly outweighed by its large amount of additional powers, paragon paths, destinies, builds, feats, etc.

Sovereign Court

If I got an adventure path subscription today or tomorrow, what would be the first issue I would receive? LoF 6? CoT1? CoT2?
Thanks.

Sovereign Court

Saern wrote:
My only quibble, and it is a minor one (I'd say about CR 2), is that Team Peregrine could have used a little more foreshadowing. I'll forgive Burlew, however, because it all makes sense and because of the Mordor-rific landscape shot in the last frame.

Could you explain it? The elves seem kind of sudden.

Sovereign Court

As long as every adventure path final adventure is as epic as James says The Final Wish is, I don't think it matters what level the characters are. Epicness is all that matters.

Sovereign Court

Excellent looking. Brings me back to RotRL.

Sovereign Court

yoda8myhead wrote:
After getting the detailed plot overview of the whole Council of Thieves AP this weekend from James and Wes, I have to say this one sounds like the most fun/interesting of the six. Is it September yet?

You wouldn't happen to know anyone who has this recorded, or perhaps committed to memory and wiling to type it up?

Sovereign Court

kikai13 wrote:
Mr. Slaad wrote:


Can anyone who was there give the scoop on CoT?

I don't know if anyone has that kind of time. They pretty much gave a complete rundown of the plot for every adventure. In detail.

Let it suffice to say that you definately want it.

Does anyone have it recorded on audio? (I doubt it, but there's a chance)

Sovereign Court

yoda8myhead wrote:
Gray wrote:
yoda8myhead wrote:
New batch of photos posted to http://twitter.com/PathfinderWiki. I'll try and keep them coming throughout the day.
Can anyone give details on the spoilers that were given out during "What's New with Pathfinder"?

It was an hour long meeting wherein James and Wes went over the plot of CoT in pretty thorough detail.

** spoiler omitted **

Can anyone who was there give the scoop on CoT?

Sovereign Court

Scott Betts wrote:
Mr. Slaad wrote:
Who cares if its laced with magic, its ridiculous. If you have magic, cast it without mocking me like some stupid teenage television superhero.
Sounds like playing a Bard with Vicious Mockery probably is not for you.

I guess I've always semi-liked bards, but only bards that didn't talk. Urging on allies or dealing damage with music is cool, but not with song or speeches.

My opinion.

Sovereign Court

Who cares if its laced with magic, its ridiculous. If you have magic, cast it without mocking me like some stupid teenage television superhero.

Sovereign Court

I would also add that, when it comes to nations, all of the companion nations have been pathfinder society nations, and I would assume those companions are somewhat geared towards society players.

Sovereign Court

Please cancel my subscription. I had hoped the economy wouldn't hit too bad, but taxes are going up and stocks are going down, so...

Don't worry too much, though. I still plan on buying every pdf.

Sovereign Court

Samuel Weiss wrote:

I have to say, when it comes to President's who make a list of top national idiots, one really stands out to me.

This clown cut defense spending to the point of effectively not having a navy or army, then got into a war!
The dweeb cut taxes figuring to run everything on trade revenue, then tried to ban trade with our two biggest trading partners!
The fool was big on reducing the national debt, then provoked those wars, as well spending on a major imperialist expansion!
The jerk had this shtick about being a "strict" constitutionalist, then he overrode that to enable his imperialism!
This total incompentent did not bother firing federal prosecutors, he went all the way to try and impeach judges, including a Supreme Court judge!
He was an adulterer, carrying on an affair out of wedlock.
He held racist beliefs with elements of eugenics thrown in.

And somehow he is not on that Top 10 list.

Inconceivable!

Jefferson!

Edit: sorry, should have read the whole page.

Sovereign Court

Corian of Lurkshire wrote:

He did absolutely ALL within his power to destroy freedom of information, freedom of speech and freedom of communications, thereby doing EXACTLY what the terrorists wanted. His HIV-policies in Africa and other countries, with the "global gag rule" has probably done more than anything anyone has ever been able to do to SPREAD the disease effectively. He singlehandedly destroyed the entire economy of the West.

I am sorry. The only thing he COULD have done WORSE would be starting a global nukular war, which we can all be grateful he didn't. Three good things about him?

1) He's not president anymore.
2) and 3): See 1).

To all you americans out there: Don't repeat performance Bush, ok?

When you're president and you do a better job, feel free to insult him as extremely (and idiotically)as you just did.

Ohh, also, learn some history. and political science. and economics. and constitutional law. and manners. and wit. I have heard plenty of people insult him way more cleverly than you. If you are going to act like an idiot, at least be a clever idiot.

Sovereign Court

Fake Healer wrote:
Garydee wrote:
Fake Healer wrote:

Somehow he had enough charisma to trick people into voting him in for a second term and that was his only move of any brilliance: pulling the wool over the eyes of enough idiots.

E-

What a way to show class Fake Healer. Calling millions of Bush voters idiots. Just because certain people don't share your point of view doesn't make them an idiot.

I'm hoping that the people who voted for him will put a bit more thought into their next vote. Having an opposed POV isn't what makes someone an idiot. Watching him do what he did that first 4 years, listening to him spin it into a web of deceit, and then voting for him again though?

I'm not sorry if I offended some people. Whoever voted for him the second time put me in a position to have to live through a horrible mistake that they made. It makes me mad that so many allowed themselves to either be tricked or just voted that way because "that's my party".

I thank God not everyone has the same opinion towards the opposite party as you.

Sovereign Court

Sounds like my prediction for the inaugaration. Waste of my time.

Sovereign Court

I'm as excited as the average guy, but it's just a blank thick book. I think you're overreacting. Also, how does a blank book reveal quality or joy?

Sovereign Court

Fake Healer wrote:
aegrist13 wrote:
I'm pro Union so I won't be voting republican. I fully support Obama and feel that some of the reasons people around my town/state won't vote for him are just cover-ups for hate and racism. I've even had older relatives become very angry with me because "I'm voting for a "N". I can't believe that hate and bigotry like that still exist and it makes me ashamed of my own family. Crap, some won't even admit that they're Irish, they're even bigoted against their own heritage

My mother-in-law is voting Mac because Obama sounds like Osama and he has purple lips. I kid you not. "I'm entitled to my opinions no matter how much of a scum them make me!"

I really like that we get the right to vote but how about we earn it. Maybe some mild testing to weed out the morons and give voting licenses to the others.
I also would love to see a licensing system for people to have kids. Terminal stupidity shouldn't be something that allows kids to suffer or put one person in the highest office over another.

She's right, you know. Those purple-lipped people, out to destroy the nation...

That is about the most absurd reason for not voting for someone i have ever heard in my entire life. I mean, lip color?

Sovereign Court

Russ Taylor wrote:
Mr. Slaad wrote:
If Obama cuts my taxes, my house keeper loses a job, as do my lawn mowers, my friends go to the beauty salon less often, everyone gets less money. The rich will try to stay rich, and that hurts other people.

I assume you mean "raises" your taxes. Frankly, there's little evidence that the upper tax brackets are kicking in their share to keeping the economy running. Whereas if the lower and middle classes have more to spend, they'll do so (they don't tend to save), pushing up income for the wealthy. Welcome to real economics, as opposed to voodoo.

Somewhere along the line the monied class lost track of the idea that you need to have people who can afford to buy goods. If they hadn't lost track of that, trickle-down might work.

Oh yeah, that's what I meant.

Sovereign Court

aegrist13 wrote:
Aarontendo wrote:
Mr. Slaad wrote:


If Obama cuts my taxes, my house keeper loses a job, as do my lawn mowers, my friends go to the beauty salon less often, everyone gets less money. The rich will try to stay rich, and that hurts other people.

Well with the tax break they're getting and the additional higher education funding he wants to push through, hopefully your housekeeper and lawn mower can get jobs that'll serve them better and not you.

I love your argument: Keep people poor so they will continue to serve me for chump change.

Oooh harsh! But then, I was thinking the same thing myself. Cut your own grass and clean your place yourself, I do.

Ummm, okay. That is what I will do. But it is not only them who will be out of jobs, but employees of businesses who cannot afford to keep so many employees in the face of increased taxes.

Sovereign Court

Aarontendo wrote:
Mr. Slaad wrote:


If Obama cuts my taxes, my house keeper loses a job, as do my lawn mowers, my friends go to the beauty salon less often, everyone gets less money. The rich will try to stay rich, and that hurts other people.

Well with the tax break they're getting and the additional higher education funding he wants to push through, hopefully your housekeeper and lawn mower can get jobs that'll serve them better and not you.

I love your argument: Keep people poor so they will continue to serve me for chump change.

Its offensive to me that you would even suggest that's my argument. I just would rather have everyone have tax cuts and we cut government spending than some have tax cuts, some have raised taxes, and we increase government spending. I lve my house cleaner (who's voting for McCain).

Sovereign Court

Aarontendo wrote:
Mr. Slaad wrote:
Zombieneighbours wrote:
Callous Jack wrote:
I'm having a lousy time deciding who to vote for, I don't like either candidate and the third party guys aren't impressing me too much this year.
Vote in simapthy with your wallet dude. Unless your super rich, you best bet for your own ecomonic prosperity is to vote democrat. Lots of research on the subject. Besides, you don't have to like either candidated, its there polacies that matter :)

cough bias cough

trickle down economics
tax cuts are no good if you don't have a job

Heh every vote is biased. People vote for the person they feel best represents what they want done in the country. For a nation of people that are feeling the pinch economically why not vote for a person that'll help ya there?

Trickle down economics doesn't work in the day of globalization. Drive thru sir.

If Obama cuts my taxes, my house keeper loses a job, as do my lawn mowers, my friends go to the beauty salon less often, everyone gets less money. The rich will try to stay rich, and that hurts other people.

Sovereign Court

kessukoofah wrote:
kessukoofah wrote:

Finished "Equal Rites", "Light Fantastic", "Mort" and "Sourcery", as well as "Ender's Game", a humourous book on being Canadian, the "NeoRhino.ca manifesto" and the "Book of the SubGenius". I am currently reading "Wyrd Sisters" and when I am done this I will move on to "Guards,Guards", and then hopefully "Pyramids".

non-diskworld books on the lineup include "Helltown", the "Gospel of the Flying Speghetti Monster" and Richard Dawkins "The God Delusion"

Okay, update from last time:

- I finished "Guards, Guards", "Helltown", all three "Elenium" novels and all three "Tamuli" novels (both series by David Eddings), "Grant Morrison: The early Years", "The Anubis Murders", "Soon I Will be Invincible" and "The Wizard's Handbook". I have the feeling I forgot at least one...oh well

- Currently reading: "Ciaphas Cain; Hero of the Imperium"

- Up next is "Eric", "Reaper Man", "Witches Abroad" and "Small Gods" by Pratchett (Unless I get "Pyramids" and "Moving Pictures" in the interum, then it's just the first two of those and the two I just named), "Eon" by Greg Bear, "Good Omens" by Gaiman and Pratchett and then possibly on to "Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel depending how I feel at that point.

- Wasn't able to get to either the "Gospel of the Flying Speghetti Monster" or Richard Dawkins "The God Delusion" due to being limited in funds.

ohh, both those last books are amazing

Sovereign Court

Zombieneighbours wrote:
Callous Jack wrote:
I'm having a lousy time deciding who to vote for, I don't like either candidate and the third party guys aren't impressing me too much this year.
Vote in simapthy with your wallet dude. Unless your super rich, you best bet for your own ecomonic prosperity is to vote democrat. Lots of research on the subject. Besides, you don't have to like either candidated, its there polacies that matter :)

cough bias cough

trickle down economics
tax cuts are no good if you don't have a job

Sovereign Court

It depends on the AP, but legacy of fire seems Perfect for a lower-level AP. some others, however, would not.

Sovereign Court

As long as not all adventure paths are this low. ome of us like the higher levels.

Sovereign Court

obviously,something is going on

Sovereign Court

doppelganger wrote:
Dennis da Ogre wrote:


Indeed, one of the purposes of the set piece was to provide a-mini-adventure which could pulled out and plugged into another campaign.
This is one of my major problems with set pieces. I buy adventure paths for the adventure path. I see educing the AP page count to make a generic adventure that other campaigns can use as basically short-changing me. If I want an adventure I can use anywhere or anywhen, I will buy one of Paizo's many excellent stand-alone adventures. I don't want an unrelated adventure in my adventure path. It doesn't belong there and it displaces things that DO belong there.

It is specifically made to fit in with the adventure path adventure. Just plug it in. It does belong there. If you cannot mke it fit with the adventure, I don't know why you are a DM.

Sovereign Court

UpSbLiViOn wrote:

I have never seen 3.5 etc fans leave a board or whatever cause someone disagreed with them and that is what MOST are doing. All the "crapping" I have seen is just disagreement in a respectful manner. Yes there are some that are hostile but 4e fans seem rather... Sensitive to put it mildly. If you want a nice safe place to chat about 4e the WoTC boards are your place. On those boards anyone who doesn't feel 4e is THE BEST they get flamed, Accused of all sorts of things and sent hateful pm's which the Mod's just ignore when you report them.

You could always ignore those posting things you don't like. I tend to do that especially since its tough to read what someone says when you have no respect for there opinion.

If I left message boards everytime someone did things I didn't like Id not have a computer for the most part.

Why did you have to bring this back?

Sovereign Court

Anyone can change their opinions with time or emotions, but only a true intellectual will change their minds given facts and knowledge.

Sovereign Court

Guennarr wrote:
KaeYoss wrote:


Now come on. Now you're berating us for expressing our opinion. Any criticism must hold up to counter-criticism.

Yes, and usually stating one's counter points once is sufficient, isn't it?

Picking and picking again resembles small mindedness, something totally unlike our open minded and tolerant hobby.

Cheers,
Günther

No one said "Your opinions SUCK!!", not even the OP. He said he likes Pathfinder. Not one person here is a rabid fanboy like you are implying.

Also, your last statement is just not true. I do not see the connection between nit-picking(no one is nit-picking anyway) and tolerance.

Sovereign Court

Trolls are stupid and they suck. I would like to reiterate what others have said, that while it is difficult, we should try no to sink to their level when responding, but make sure that what we say will not provoke them into saying more stupidity. It is a fine (and often invisible) line, but until we as a community can manage it, meta-discussions about discussions and games and blah blah blah will go on and on and .....

1 to 50 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.