I have opened up the online Pathfinder PRG character generator beta testing to the public. You can find the generator at VentureCaptain.com. I actually plan on expanding the site to host a suite of utilities for use with the Pathfinder RPG including a dice app I’ve been tinkering with that uses true random number generation, courtesy of Random.org. You can also follow Venture Captain on Facebook and on Twitter.
THIS IS BETA
I must stress that the generator is in BETA. There are obvious things missing, as well as ton of undiscovered bugs waiting to be squashed. I am working on tying up loose ends with the current implemented features before slaying the bigger dragons of Equipment and Spells. Oh yeah, and the only guy writing code for this app is me.
Some things I’m working on now is expanding the class feature information presented on the character sheet (displaying bloodline powers, school powers, etc.) as well as creating an interface for missing elements such as being able to choose what Mercy you get when you take the Extra Mercy feat.
This being said, if you find anything missing, improperly formatted, not compliant with the latest Pathfinder RPG rules, or have a general suggestion please do not hesitate to contact me via Twitter, Facebook, or using the VentureCaptain.com Contact page. I want this tool be the best it can be, so everyone’s feedback is important to me.
Below is how I think feature implementation will roll-out. I’m naming the builds after cities in Golarion, with the first build belonging to capital of the oldest empire.
v1.0 [Sothis] Feature Implementation (bold items are finished; italicized items are in development):
- Ability Scores (point buy, tier points, racial adjustments)
- Core Classes (alignment restrictions, favored class bonuses, selectable class features)
- Skills (class skill training bonus, skill focus bonus, racial bonuses, ability modifiers)
- Calculated Combat Stats (BAB, CMB, CMD, AC, Touch AC, Flat Footed AC, Saves, HPs, Speed, Initiative)
- Feats (Racial, class granted feats, full prerequisite validation)
- Equipment (calculate wealth, calculate encumbrance, attack/damage bonuses, highlight proficiency, equip to slots)
- Spells (select known spells, select memorized spells, calculate DCs, calculate dice/bonuses)
- Portraits by 60+ Terrible Portraits
- Save to PDF (complete with calculated values, racial & class features, custom landscape layout)
v2.0 [Oppara] Feature Roadmap:
- Prestige Classes
- Language Selection
- Custom Magic Weapon & Armor
- Random Bio Generation (Name, Homeland, Age, Height, Weight, Hair, & Eyes) based on Race & Gender
- Aging Affects validation based on Age in Bio
- Rules Info (overlays with PRD definitions for class features, feats, etc.)
- Pathfinder Society legal character validation
- Save to HTML
v3.0 [Egorian] Feature Roadmap:
- Advanced Player’s Guide Update
- Non-core free entry for class, feats, traits, skills, equipment, & spells.
- Pre-calculated Combat Maneuver & Spell sheets
- Storage Solutions
Did I mention this web app is free? Yeah, creating characters with Venture Captain costs you nothing (except whatever you pay to access the internet already). It will continue to be free for as long as I feel like covering the cost of hosting and development. There may be pay features in the future (storing characters in cloud?), but only for convenience services, never for content.