Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Cheiton

Mead Gregorisson's page

456 posts. 3 reviews. No lists. No wishlists. 1 alias.



1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Rot Grub wrote:
Mead Gregorisson wrote:

Well people have opinions.. if they make you feel nauseous, you maybe need to have a doctor check you out. There could be a real problem there.

In the interest of civility on these boards, I have to point out that this is not cool. You should consider that my feeling nauseous might POSSIBLY have been because of what was implied in certain posts, which I did point out in my post, and not just conclude that I have a mental sickness that needs treatment.

You should have actually countered the point I made -- that the first inclusion of a transgender character is viewed as "forced" when the inclusion of heterosexual characters is not -- instead of dismissed everything I said because I was being emotional.

It's perfectly normal and fine to get emotional about social topics such as this one, on both sides, so long as we try to maintain some civility. To pretend otherwise would be to not be completely honest.

Feeling nauseous over people's opinions is usually not normal. There was nothing wrong with any opinions on either side of the discussion. But you had to go the "it makes me feel nauseous' route.

I apologize if I made you feel even worse. But the hypocritical stuff pisses me off, and as a paying customer I am allowed to post my opinion. More to the point, I was even told by someone on your side of the discussion that if a person has a right to say something, he has a right to confront it. Well guess what? So do I.

You may not think it feels forced. That is your right. But to others it does. That is our right. It didn't seem to me like it was an organic, natural background... and other than the actually switching gender, which was glossed over... wasn't even very unique.. And was a bit boring. It felt like it was thrown in there for one reason...

I would have had less issues if it had been done right. Just as I have had no issues with any other LGBT characters Paizo has done.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil Midnight Lurker wrote:
Mead Gregorisson wrote:

The problem is if you add too much to make it fit everyone.. it really isn't going to fit everyone. Someone is always going to be alienated.

Let's say you have a Catholic or Christian that doesn't want that sort of thing. I'm not Christian, so I have no idea how much of a problem that actually is. But you should balance being progressive with not alienating others...

Confession: I am uneasy in the presence of openly gay men.

Do I think this is right? Should I discourage gay men from coming out, or try to avoid them? Absolutely not. I recognize my squeamishness as a flaw in my personality and in the culture in which I was raised, and it is my duty to look beyond it, and if possible to rid myself of it.

Should we, by way of comparison, balance being progressive with not "alienating" those bigoted against or even somewhat uncomfortable with black, asian, or (like myself) Jewish people? Hell no.

The only way we, as a society and as individuals, will grow out of our intolerance is to make tolerance and openness the default.

It's just as bigoted to tell others that their opinions don't count just because they don't tow the PC party line. Whether it is religious reasons or other reasons.. people should not be afraid to post their beliefs just because others will jump on them for it. I tend to think of progressives as fascists for a reason. People can't even post their opinion about something they bought without the jackbooted thugs coming out to squash their opinions.

That nauseates me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Anyway, I will voluntarily back out, because I know that in most cases people hate opinions they disagree with it. The nausea comment above proves that. So if you have an opinion or belief that is even slightly critical about certain subjects.. you best not put it out there too much. The tolerant usually aren't quite as tolerant as they claim. When you don't tow the party line.. your comments are unwelcome, even if they are about something you paid for... and were not entirely pleased with.

Despite my one issue with this issue... I look forward to the next one. Have a great night everyone.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Not my favorite opening to an AP.

This adding 'progressive' relationships to everything is starting to seem forced... and slightly offensive. By offensive, I mean that it is starting to look like pandering to a specific group, rather than it being a natural part of the story.

I mean... if we are going to keep pandering, why don't I see any positive examples of fat characters? Don't we fatties deserve it?

I am being facetious.... but the point still stand... it just seems like pandering.

Luckily, all it takes to be fixed is the GM fixing it for their groups. It otherwise wasn't that bad.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ooh... gunslinger stuff! With Midgard gunslinger stuff!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
meatrace wrote:

What on earth are you talking about? None of my posts addressed any of the things you've just attributed to me.

I have the right to do MANY things, and yet I do not do them without reason. What REASON do you have to carry a firearm every day, other than to make yourself feel safe at the risk of others' safety?

My guns must be broken or lazy... they have never killed anyone.

I bet it would piss you off that we took children out shooting with us the last time. They were enjoying the use of my Ruger 10/22. One even had her own single shot .22 rifle.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
StreamOfTheSky wrote:


So much character assassination of the guy who got shot and killed and was the victim. Well, I guess it's easier to bad mouth someone when they're not around to defend themselves. I'm glad I live no where near the Mead Gregorisson's of this country. How could I ever feel safe being around those people? They feel justified to stalk random bystanders that they think are "suspicious" (irony!) and only feel safe themselves because of all the guns they own. Holy crap, am I glad I don't live near those people!

** spoiler omitted **

I'm glad many of you don't live near me either.. such a lack of common sense.

I've been in private security for many years on and off. It is the nature of the game.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I do want to apologize for being an angry mountain dwarf in this thread. I moved to NW Montana from Florida to escape heat, and we have had record breaking temperatures lately.. and we don't have AC in our house. lol

That is my excuse, and I am sticking to it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Point taken, Jessica Price.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Matthew Morris wrote:

Shorter Mead.

"What? You expect me to back up what I'm saying without proof?"

Thank you for conceding the point.

Owen I'd be happy to see your name on it.

I don't see you posting proof for your side either. There has been nothing definate on either side.

Though I do apologize to everyone for my irritation. I am sick of how everyone, no matter what it is in this world, has to start whining.

The name of this book is perfectly fine, and spot on. But no... whining must commence.

It's like that Hitler teapot billboard incident. The teapot looked nothing like Hitler, but people decided to b%%&! anyway. We live in a world of children staying up past thir bedtimes.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
GeraintElberion wrote:
Mead Gregorisson wrote:
I say leave the name. I like it.
Why?

Because I am not one of the people that complains just to complain. I know what the word 'bastard' means, and it fits.

Seriously, would 'Halfbreeds of Golarion' be better? To me... no.

The name is fine. Spot on. People just need to get over what they think is being said or implied and focus on what the word means.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I say leave the name. I like it.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm a nerd too. I just found that out tonight. We have news for the beautiful people. There's a lot more of us than there are of you. I know there's GMs here tonight. When you went to Paizocon you might've been called a spazz, or a dork, or a geek. Any of you that have ever felt stepped on, left out, picked on, put down, whether you think you're a nerd or not, why don't you just come down here and join us. Okay? Come on.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think everyone is also skipping over the invasion of the bodysnatchers.... that right there is quite interesting.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
StarMartyr365 wrote:

It's not a real background generator unless you can die during character creation.

SM

Your character? Or you?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I am still trying to figure out how that feat is "hack&slash". You could play an entire session with no combat at all, and it could still be used.

Also, it's a feat. Taking a feat, and not getting mechanics from it.. would make it a pointless feat. So, unless all of the hardcore storybook "role-players" forsake taking feats, then complaining about new feats is also pointless.

But then, maybe my 25+ years of gaming has also made me realize that taking games so seriously is the most pointless thing of the bunch. Maybe I am jaded by living 8 miles from Glacier National Park, and spending most of my time outdoors in the most beautiful place on the planet.

Maybe...

Or not, because I'm not elitist. (Just pointing out how pointless being elitist is. There is always someone else that thinks that what you are being elite about is nothing special.))


1 person marked this as a favorite.

As a Dwarven Gunslinger, I approve.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I am really looking forward to this novel.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

/facepalm

Scott... you are much much drunker than you think. I am sick of trying to point out to you that I didn't say what you claim I said.

How about I end it with. You win. Whatever you say. Whatever argument you want me to have, I'll take it just so you can prove me wrong.

As I said. Enjoy your time with your girlfriend. Enjoy the Sake. I have mead, myself... just opened it now.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Also, I should point out using bear spray in a school would be the height of irresponsibility. You could kill children with it.

80 percent of Montanans own at least 1 gun. 80 percent of them own more than 2 guns. 80 percent of them own more than 3 guns. Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians....

Kids here train with guns all the time.

There has never been a mass killing here. There has never been a school shooting here. The violent crime rate is lower than most states with massive gun restrictions.

If guns kill people, my own are defective.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Liz Courts wrote:
Communication is good. :)

Paizo is a class act.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Foghammer wrote:
Stratagemini wrote:
usually by the time the final cover and description go out the book is complete to a point where no real new additions can be made. Get in before that happens next time I guess.

Crap. I suppose you're right. It's almost Christmas now. For some reason, February just felt so far away. I guess part of me is still back in November or October...

Can someone maybe confirm or deny the inclusion of the noble pangolin (or an adequate substitute)? Can that be my Christmas present from Paizo? :D

Isn't that just an armadillo whose head detaches from it's body every night to feed?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Man behind the Screen wrote:
Mikaze wrote:

So many of us have fled from Helgen so many times already, I can't believe we're actually going towards the place now.

;)

Where exactly is Helgen? I looked through all the books I possess and didn't come across it on any maps.

Near Falkreath.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mikaze wrote:
Mead Gregorisson wrote:
Llamas...
The favored beasts of Llamashtu.

See, now they couldn't put a Llama on the cover, because the troll would have been beaten long before the squirrel got there.

Adam Daigle wrote:
You might be pleased.

Yay!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
ChristinaStiles wrote:
Ah, my first Paizo credit! :)

Congrats, you do good work.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Varisian Wanderer wrote:

The monsters that scare me often resemble animals. Considering I live in an area away from huge urban centers where I hear coyotes howl and there are rumors of bears, the idea of any predator that could stalk, attack, and eat me seems to bring out some sort of primal fear - especially if I can't see it. I dread the long, dark, cold walk between my car and where I'm staying at every time I have to make it.

You would hate where I live. We have wolves, black bears, grizzly bears, coyotes, mountain lions, bobcats, lynx, wolverines.... I live 8 miles outside of Glacier National Park in NW Montana. I also live in the Flathead National Forest, and have no city lights anywhere nearby.

The only animal I dread running into is moose. Unfortunately, I live on the Flathead River....

I do miss the alligators back in Florida, but I love it here.

-------------------------------------------

On topic

Fungi


1 person marked this as a favorite.
TheDisgaean wrote:
This...looks...epic! I knew the Clockwork magic thing was going to be cool, but SHADOW MAGIC, Paladin options, AND a playable undead-type race!? If only there was a print version coming out!

Not just playable undead race, but two bloodlines descended from undead (Ghoul and Vampire).

Dhampir Vampiric Sorcerer is full of win!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Kevida wrote:
Looks like I am going to have to place a second and third mortgage on my house!

Who needs a house? Just ask that it gets sent in a very large box.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We may need a Midgard verson of the Quests and Campaigns book to supplement it, too. :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Between this, Kobolds of Golarion, Ultimate Campaign, Mythic Adventures and the upcoming APs.....

This game is getting even better.


10 people marked this as a favorite.

Without money, they can't make more stuff. I like stuff.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
ChristinaStiles wrote:
Mead Gregorisson wrote:
Also, can't get enough plant-people... The Morphoi and their 1/2 CR cousins.

Yay! Glad you liked my plant folks. :)Brandon Hodge actually named the morphoi, but I put stats/description to name, and then created the nethysule. I had Land of the Lost in mind when making these folks...but plants instead of reptile-like creatures.

Yeah, my first thought is they don't look much like plants. It gives them a bit of a creepy quality.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Oceanshieldwolf wrote:

Glad you liked Aroa, Mead, and that you got the Polynesian flavor. Aaack, do you know I'm not sure there is one reference to coconuts...though the atolls weren't always where they are now, and coconuts probably weren't indigenous. Heck, sure, add in coconuts! I'm pretty sure those suckers float between islands for years before washing up on some beach and sprouting. I know coral trees could do that. Hmm, how could I have overlooked coconut AND coral tree based vegepygmies.... (begins scribbling furtive notes)

And yes, Terminus Island and Murder, Fathoms Below totally rock. But that is just some of the awesome that awaits in Journeys... Also deatailed are a horrific Mythos inspired isle, a living island, a dread realm of undead, the Burning Shores, and the time-twisted Isle of the Morphoi await, as well as a range of different level adventures and more pirates than you can shake a pegleg at...

Or, the coconut can be carried by swallows!

Can't forget being stuck in a maze with a minotaur... and roach people.. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also, can't get enough plant-people... The Morphoi and their 1/2 CR cousins.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good choice. :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm an American Paleoconservative. I like sex in my games... but then, I am also an Odinist... and we tend to view things like that as natural.

That said, I am not interested in reading a gaming book, that is written by some average joe, on the subject. I already know everything I want to about sex.... reading a game designer's take on it does not sound like a fun thing to do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I don't really see archetype bloat. I see options for those that want them. One person may not have a use for something, but someone out there will.

If they stopped doing archetypes because people claimed there were too many, then some of the ones I am interested in in ARG would not be there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Renie wrote:
F. Wesley Schneider wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
Llama llama duck.
Ooooooh... might have to have stats for a llama. Patrick would LOVE that (his screen saver cycles through pictures of dogs, cats, and llamas).
I assure you, there will be plenty of llamas in this book if I have any say in the matter, including rules for how they spit (a ranged touch attack) and new barding specially for llamas (barding, in this case, mostly means funny wigs).

My next door neighbor's llama had a baby. Because they are everywhere in Montana, nobody buys them anymore.. so I may be getting it for free.

I may actually get some barding made for it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

No, please.. I hate the catgirl/catboi look.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Core:

Dwarves are my normal go-to. In this, they are still awesomesauce.

However, Half-Orcs snuck up to awesomesauce, too.

I also like the Gnomes much better now, too.

Featured:

Tengu, Oreads and Orcs... oh my!

All three came out of nowhere to punch me with win. Oreads were my surprise winners.

Ratfolk, Catfolk, Goblins and Kobolds I also like. Tieflings also if you add Blood of Fiends, and I hope Blood of Night and Blood of Angels does the same.

Uncommon:

Gripplis won this one, but Strix and Duergar are close behind.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Steve Geddes wrote:
DragonBelow wrote:
I hope it's not made of the same glossy paper as regular Paizo products, because I doubt you can safely use an eraser with them.
I dont think I saw an answer to this. Is the paper inside matte instead of the usual glossy?

They did. It isn't glossy.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Seriously? Why does there have to be one person in every group that has to scream 'That's racist!'? That gets old.

It is a mythological PC race based on shadow puppets. It does not represent real life Asians in the slightest. BTW, unless I am mistaken, Asians tend to find being called 'Oriental' offensive.

Can't we just have one preview without these really stupid complaints?

Me? I love the look of the Grippli. The Wayang, not-so-much.. but that is just because of that mustache...

The Ifrit looks bland.

None of the pictures are bad. The art is top notch as usual.. just other than the Treefrog.. these aren't my favorites. Still, they are great artists.


©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.