- Examine Damiel's skills, powers, card feats
- Check off the equivelant totals on Feiya (and choose a role)
- Examine Damiel's deck and add up the total number of base cards, A1 cards, A2 cards, and A3 cards.
However, these number of AD# cards are the Damiel-ADEQUATE cards! So, he may have 1 AD3 item - but that could mean he has sifted through -and thrown away- 10 other non-compatible AD3 Items. In you example - if you draw two AD3 spells for Feya, and they're both Divine - would you really give her 1 of them, something that would NEVER happen in normal game?
So, what I'd do is: first, let the players select ALL the AD# cards they would actually want in their deck, then, from that selection:
- Most beneficial method: Let them *choose* the appropriate number of cards (this actually makes Step 1 irrelevant)
- Medium approach (closer to your idea): let them draw at random 2x number of cards needed from each AD and pick half of them for their deck
- Harshest approach: let them draw at random exactly the number of cards required per AD#