About Kenji Masada
Kenji Masada has traveled to Chiliax from his homeland in Minkai. In his journeys he sought to accomplish good to make up for a few brash and costly choices he made back home.
Wondering aimlessly looking for purpose and honing his craft of fist fighting, an art that he had learned from his homeland. Kenji was a well-trained Martial Artist and prided himself on his skill. His arrogance was what initially brought about his downfall back home.
Kenji would wander into the lands of Chiliax. Here he found a place that was in need of a champion. Seeing the conditions of a town called Westcrown, Kenji felt the his heart go out to the people of this land and decided he needed to do something about it. He began to meet with likeminded individuals after hours hoping to come to some plan of action.
Kenji is a brash young fist fighter with a good amount of arrogance and a bit of a temper. While he does suffer from some personal imperfections, he has a heart of gold a will seek to aid others wherever possible. He won’t outright break whatever status quo or law is in place but he will use whatever means he can to do the right thing.
KENJI MASADA CR 1
Male Human (Tian-Shu) Monk (Martial Artist) 2
NG Medium Humanoid (Human)
Init +4; Senses Perception +8
AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 13 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 17 (2d8+2)
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +6
Defensive Abilities Evasion
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Unarmed Strike +4 (1d6+2/20/x2)
Special Attacks Flurry of Blows +0/+0
Str 12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 19
Feats Dodge, Improved Unarmed Strike, Mobility, Monk Weapon Proficiencies, Scorpion Style (DC 14), Stunning Fist (2/day) (DC 14), Weapon Finesse
Traits Quain Martial Artist, Westcrown Firebrand
Skills Acrobatics +8, Climb +5, Diplomacy +1, Escape Artist +7, Intimidate +3, Perception +8, Sense Motive +8, Stealth +8, Swim +5
Languages Common, Infernal, Tien
SQ AC Bonus +3, Stunning Fist (Stun) (Ex), Unarmed Strike (1d6)
DM Questions and Answers:
1. Kenji was brought to Westcrown in part by its reputation but moreover by what he believes is fate. Wandering around looking for troubled lands, it was mere chance that he had stumbled into this town. He had been doing his best to help in other places but nothing this dark and sinister.
2. Kenji has only been in Westcrown for a few months. He doesn’t live here but he has once again determined that this is where he was meant to be. (Not the first time he’s come to that conclusion) He usually stays in places for a couple of months before relocating to somewhere new.
3. Kenji likes physical labor, it gives him a chance to flex his muscles, hone his body, show off a bit, and still be helpful. He can usually be found at a local tavern or wandering the streets taking in every detail. He is often very observant. If he could find others of the Firebrand mindset, he would join with them in a heartbeat.
4. Kenji isn’t interested in the noble families. He is more concerned with the folks who are suffering under their rule. With no ties to this town or even this land and it’s culture. Kenji would have some difficulty identifying distinct nobles for some time. He may now them by appearance or behavior but nothing personal.
5. Kenji had seen much oppression in and around his homeland. He is tired of bumping into it everywhere he goes but has never been able to do anything about it. Here he can’t take the site anymore. Here it seems worse than most places. He wants to do something about it. That is why he is seeking any group to help him. By now he has realized he can do little on his own.
6. (Not sure if you mean in AP NPCs or I make up a few name and stories, let me know if I am wrong) The most prominent NPCs he would be affiliated with would be a Tavern owner, a good hearted Chief engineer, and cooworkers who share the same thoughts of “This city needs help” ideal.
7. Given his origins, Kenji doesn’t completely understand what the teiflings imply to others. To him, they are another unique race that wanders the Terra of Golorion and are subject to their own opinions an ideals regardless of their heritage. He will beat up any that behave badly and let live any who behave civil. It is as simple as that.
Kenji has tried to help towns and others who have suffered but to no avail. Often because he'd try and go it alone. This is the worst he has seen and he really wants to help but isn't sure what to do about it. Hearing that others might need assistance in solving the problem, Kenji would be eager to join and help such a group. If he can make a difference here, he can make a difference anywhere.
Total = 2000