Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Svilennius Tripe

Joseph Wilson's page

Goblin Squad Member. RPG Superstar 2013 Star Voter. Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber. Pathfinder Society Member. 518 posts (527 including aliases). 8 reviews. No lists. 1 wishlist. 1 alias.


RSS

1 to 50 of 518 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Hitdice wrote:
Finally managed to get ahold of the Ommegang Fire and Blood. Much tastier than you would expect from your typical trendy-TV-show-licensed beer.

Ommegang was one of my favorite breweries long before they ever got the GoT license, and they continue to never disappointment me.

As for what I've been drinking, the most recent notable was Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot barleywine. Really interesting take on the style, with huge hops. Almost smells and tastes like a perfect fusion of DIPA and barleywine.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
doc the grey wrote:
Is the price for the pdf accurate here? Usually the hard back books go for much less in pdf form then their paperback cousins. Is there a reason for the price increase or is it hopefully a typo?

The $9.99 pdf priced hardcovers only goes for the Rulebook line and the Inner Sea World Guide (as, essentially, the core introductory product for the campaign setting). Other hardcovers follow the normal print to pdf pricing ratio. See the Rise of the Runelords hardcover for a precedent.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Jason Nelson wrote:

And here it is - the 200-backer surprise(s)!

How do you make a good thing even better? By adding even MORE great people to work on a project that's already awesome! Sean K Reynolds and Carolina Eade and interviews, OH MY!

Carolina Eade cover art might be what actually puts me over the top. Absolutely love her work, and I feel like I haven't been seeing her as often in Paizo products of late. Kudos to you on that great catch of an artist!

Edit: also, awesome to see SKR onboard. More incentive when there was already so much. But no money... resistance failing...


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

City of the Fallen Sky is one of my favorite Tales novels. While I really enjoy Liar's Blade, I very much preferred City. Great characters, entertaining writing, interesting settings, and gripping plot. Really looking forward to this one.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

YES!!!

So excited to see Alaeron and Skiver back!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Important thing to remember is that the modules are not designed specifically for PFS play. In fact, sanctioning them for PFS is a relatively recent development.

I personally love the maps in this adventure, and hope that the maps in the module line continue to reflect the needs of the adventure versus the fact that modules have begun being sanctioned for PFS.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
mathpro18 wrote:

Hey Erik,

I am trying to keep an open mind about this product and have subscribed on the Big Finish end of things but the one issue I have is the hour run time. Was there a reason they decided on that length? My concern is that to much would have to get cut from a great adventure to fit in that time? Seeing how you have listened to this did the adventure feel rushed/to condensed? Would there be any possibility to get this pushed out to an hour and a half or 2 hours?

I suggest you read Vic's 2 posts prior to yours for an explanation to your very question, as well as further insight.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Just had Mayflower's Spring Hop Ale. One of the most amazingly aromatic beers I've had. Huge, fresh, citrus and floral hops. And yet it's a red ale, so the taste doesn't have any of the hop bitterness the big IPA-like aroma would have you expect. Really nice malt balance, and it actually finishes on the sweet side, with a hint of caramel.

Highly recommended if you can find it! I've only had 1 of my 6-pack, but I'm probably going to go out and grab another pack tomorrow before they disappear!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Mosaic wrote:


Any idea what's going to be on the other side?

From the description:

"With a distinct city gate and wall battlements on each side, this durable accessory..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

This is what I use.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Sounds epic! Thanks for sharing this! It really makes me pumped to finally start playing the game. I've had it for a while, but haven't had a chance to actually start it up yet. Now, more than ever, I can't wait!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Gancanagh wrote:
MMCJawa wrote:
Gancanagh wrote:
What are the monsters in this one?
Probably won't find out until March, since it's not released yet...
Hmmm it got pushed back so much?

Just one month. That's least possible amount it could have gotten pushed.

EDIT: ninja'd!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
bignate013 wrote:
How many players is it for?

All of Paizo's adventures, with the exception of PFS scenarios, are written for the standard 4 players.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Had Slumbrew's Yankee Swap on tap tonight. American Strong Ale brewed with maple syrup and aged in rum barrels. Incredibly well balanced and flavorful. Sips more like a fine hard liquor at 12% abv. Highly recommended.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Skeld wrote:


Yeah, I'm kind of annoyed by this. The *only* reason I gave any money to the kickstarter was to get Emerald Spire because I was under the (apparently incorrect) impression that it wouldn't be otherwise available.

To be fair, no such claim was ever made during the kickststarter. In fact, Emerald Spire would have been the only reason that I backed as well, but I didn't bother because I knew I'd be able to get it through Paizo after its release.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

So, here, you wrote:

James Jacobs wrote:
Curmudgeonly wrote:
We don't have many demonic minis in the PF line (3 by my count), can we expect one of the major upcoming minis sets to be supporting Wrath of Righteous? :D :D
We'll be doing more minis of demons now and then, but the ordeal of doing the Shattered Star set at the same time we were writing and developing that Adventure Path (even though the minis just came out recently... we started working on them before we even assigned the first adventure to an author) was harrowing and frustrating. We're unlikely to try that again anytime soon, so there isn't going to be a Wrath of the Righteous minis set coming out anytime soon.

Given this, things have obviously changed.

Were you simply able to learn from the Shattered Star experience and find a better way to make this process work, or are you feeling harrowed and frustrated again? :-P


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Just received my copy and wanted to poke my head in here to say how excited I was to see that Jared Blando did the maps for this module. He is by far my favorite cartographer, and I don't believe we've seen any of his work in a Paizo product since the Jade Regent AP (with the exception of the two small town maps in The Snows of Summer's backmatter). Hopefully more is to come!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
The Block Knight wrote:
Sauce987654321 wrote:
The Block Knight wrote:

I too would love to know more about the Oliphaunt but I also don't want to encourage too much to be given away in the product thread.

Just knowing it's size would be fine by me. Both fluff-wise and how they handle it in actual crunch-terms.

Crunch terms? As in that it has an 80-ft. space?
More like if it has any special abilities such as "Massive" or some such, like whatever it is Kaiju are getting, to represent it's greater size with additional mechanics.

It does have the kaiju's "massive" ability, which would explain the fact that while it's codified as colossal, it's actually much larger than the basic rules would indicate by that term.

However, we'll have to wait until Bestiary 4 to find out what "massive" actually means.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
MMCJawa wrote:

Continuing on an author/book tangent, Have you read any of Tad Williams books? If so what do you think of them?

"Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn" was the series that convinced George R.R. Martin that serious fantasy novels were possible and to make a go at A Song of Ice and Fire.

On top of that, his books have some of the best villains I have encountered in Fantasy. Johnny Dread, The Remover of Inconvenient Obstacles, Pyrates...all great antagonists. We seem to have mostly similar tastes in literature, so I think you would enjoy them.

I have not. I am intrigued.

I'll second the recommendation. Tad Williams is great, and his Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series is among my absolute favorite books.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

My hardcover is of stunning quality. I've spent more time with it than any of my other August subs, including mythic adventures, and couldn't be happier with this presentation of WAR's work. I hope to get around to writing up a review in the very near future.

Thanks, Paizo!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Cylerist wrote:
What "system" does this use?

Numenera is a new system designed by Monte Cook. The core mechanic does involve a d20 and a target number, but that's pretty much where any similarities to the d20 system end. GMs never even roll dice in Numenera. It's a really interesting and innovative game. I'm looking forward to diving into it more now that I've just received my hardcopy.

EDIT: ninja'd!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Bummer, but I appreciate the update!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I guess I just don't understand how they "don't feel like a natural part of the story."

They are NPCs with background write-ups just like any other NPC from volumes past. I draw just as much inspirational and useful information from these as I did from say, Goti Runecaster or Ameiko Kaijitsu in Jade Regent. These are people who have experienced interesting stuff, and are going to experience further interesting stuff with my PCs.

All of that aside, I have never been this excited about starting up a new campaign. Wrath of the Righteous seems like it has the potential to be a truly unforgettable game!

EDIT: Wow, a bunch of good posts happened in the time I was slowly composing mine! :-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

So Vic...

Not to derail:


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It's not necessarily what you say, but how you say it.

"The most important rule: Don't be a jerk. We want our messageboards
to be a fun and friendly place."


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Tonight's NFL preseason game has been accompanied by:

Boulder Brewing Cold Hop IPA on nitro. Really interesting malt/hop balance for an IPA in this one.

And the always awesome Stone Arrogant Bastard.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Aberrant Templar wrote:
agnelcow wrote:
In fact, the photo for the Combat Pad, we see "W. Tyrant"'s HP going up rather than down, which could imply at least Rank 9 to get the Sustained by Magic ability.
I think that number is supposed to be the damage he's taken. Some people start with the monster's HP and count down. Other people add up damage until they hit the HP total.

That's how I do it. That way, too, if the players get a peak at the pad, they have no idea how many HP the creature actually has left. :-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Christina Stiles wrote:
Why is a 4-person party assumed on this if even PFS has gone to 6? Just curious. I haven't read it yet.

All Paizo adventures, with the exception of PFS scenarios, assume 4 players. I would guess this is because 4 players is the baseline assumption in the Core Rulebook. PFS has its own, different set of core assumptions.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:
Right now, we're working on the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, which will be under the Pathfinder imprint instead of the Paizo Games imprint, but after that, we do have something that will bear the Paizo Games imprint queued up. You probably won't hear anything more about that for a few months, though.

Had my fingers crossed that some news on this might come out of Gen Con, but I haven't found anything. Any updates?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Kolokotroni wrote:
hmmm, i dont know, I think that their AP's might be a bad way to go with that. Its kind of how I feel about hte card game, great idea, but you will spoil the adventure if you do it. The audio books would do it even more so. I mean I guess some people buy APs just to read them, so they would be the target audience for this, but it just seems to me like something that would push people away from actually playing the APs as adventures because they spoiled it before they knew someone in their group was interested in running it.

On the flip side, this could be a great new tool for GMs prepping to run these adventures, giving them additional storytelling inspiration.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Aberzombie wrote:
Joseph Wilson wrote:
Recently fell in love with Dogfish Head Burton Baton EImperial IPA. Expensive but worth it.

I like the way you think, sir! I promise, when the zombiepocalypse comes, we'll eat you last.

Of course, this is also a painful reminder of one of the bummers about moving to Texas - less availability of Dogfish Head.

I salute you with my glass of Troegs Java Head!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Recently fell in love with Dogfish Head Burton Baton EImperial IPA. Expensive but worth it.

Also just had Bear Republic Black Racer on draught. Great black IPA.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Paizo has been very open and forthcoming on the process and progress of the August shipments surrounding GenCon, dating back to mid-July:

Clicky


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:
If we run out on Thursday, it'd be Paizo's best Gen Con ever by far.

:-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
the Haunted Jester wrote:
Are the players meant to use a 15 point build or a 20 point build?

James Jacobs has mentioned that Paizo Pathfinder adventures assume the "Standard Fantasy" 15 point build.

Most recently here.

James Jacobs wrote:


We don't know your players, so we assume a baseline of 15 point buy for our products. But how much adjusting that upward (or downward!) will impact an adventure? That depends as much, if not more, on your players' skill as it does anything else.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Sutter wrote:

Hmmm... I think my ideal PF Tales authors would be:

1) Brandon Sanderson
...

I can't say "YES!" to this enough times...


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Aaron Scott 139 wrote:
That I knew. I don't know why Joseph thought I was asking about that AP when this whole post is dedicated to WotR but I suspect drunken shenanigans are involved.

Because I'm an idiot. :-P


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Aaron Scott 139 wrote:
Will subscribers get their digital copy of the AP prior to Gen Con?

Subscribers are receiving their PDFs this week.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I know this doesn't help you right now, but there will be kaiju statted up in this fall's Bestiary 4! :-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

This is also my current situation. I'm sure the fine folks at Paizo will iron it out. :-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Just gonna chime in and say that I love the current format of the screens. Landscape is actually too low to be effective, IMO. And, as Vic noted, having it the current way allows 4 panels, and thus more info. No screen will ever have every chart that every person wants. The Pathfinder one does a nice job on that front as far as I'm concerned, as a user of it for some years now.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Gorbacz wrote:
YES YES YES FRICKIN' YES OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH this is perhaps the most exciting announcement of the bunch! Wooohooo!

Right there with you, Gorbacz!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Duedor wrote:
Will this be a Con/Paizo.com exclusive, or will my FLGS be getting these soon?

It's listed on this site as a paizo.com exclusive.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Thanael wrote:
Joseph Wilson wrote:

Green Ronin currently has the license to product A Song of Ice and Fire RPG supplements, and they are supporting it to some acclaim. More info HERE.

Note, however, that this is a completely new system with its own core book.

How does the GR system compare to GoO's?

Honestly, I have no idea. I haven't played or read either.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Green Ronin currently has the license to product A Song of Ice and Fire RPG supplements, and they are supporting it to some acclaim. More info HERE.

Note, however, that this is a completely new system with its own core book.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Madness Made Fuzzy wrote:
I don't mind that the maps are gone. My comics were coming with creased covers, so it is nice to not need to worry about that anymore.

Ditto. Combine that with the fact that all of my gaming groups don't use miniatures/battlemaps, and this just means less damaged comics and one less thing for me to have to throw away.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Golarion days were always my favorite!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Bobson, I am stealing that idea so hard!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Thanks for the clarification, Rob! That makes sense.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I did a search and did not see an answer to this question, so I figured I'd try starting a thread on it.

The Witchguard Ranger archetype looks like a lot of fun, but the wording on the Defend Charge ability seems a bit off. It currently reads:

Defend Charge (Ex) At 4th level, a witchguard forms a bond with a spellcaster he has sworn to defend. Once per day, this bond allows the witchguard to spend a move action to grant an adjacent spellcaster a +2 dodge bonus to AC and a +2 circumstance bonus on concentration checks. At 5th level and every 5 levels thereafter, these bonuses increase by 2. The bonuses last for a number of rounds equal to the witchguard’s Wisdom modifier (minimum 1). At 4th level and every 3 levels thereafter, the witchguard can use this ability one additional time per day. This ability replaces hunter’s bond.

As written, it sounds like the ranger is actually intended to receive this ability at 1st, not 4th, level. Thoughts?

1 to 50 of 518 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.