I haven't seen one, so here it is!
THERE WILL BE SPOILERS FROM THIS BOOK; READ AT YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE
What do you think of Occult Bestiary?
+ Great artworks
+ Great monsters
+ Great concepts
Could have been better
- Psychic Magic being like psionics with power points; a little jarring since Psychic Magic is used with standard spell slots, as described in Occult Adventures.
- Alter Ego as a construct; not feeling that one, as an alter ego is often a carbon copy of yourself, alive and kicking, not built. Outsider, maybe, but construct is just a little weird.
- The Lightning Gun is one OP item; it's not a firearm nor a standard ranged weapon with unlimited ammo, so everyone can use it... because there are no penalty for non-yithian users. This item is gonna get ugly very quick... Hope you like ray guns...
- The Xill Matriarch has... no connection to Psychic Magic whatsoever, as she doesn't have psychic spells. The rest is already though, I just think that it is missing a few psychic abilities.
- It could have used more "specific" monsters:
* A Kineticist creature that "merged" with his element or died from Burn exhaustion (aside from the Combusted)
* A Medium creature possessed with its own spirits; in fact, none of the Medium's features is present in this book.
* A golem made of an Occultist's relics; same here.
* A disembodied Phantom; we have the Unfettered Eidolon, so why not an Unfettered Phantom?
- Little grammatical errors (with fixes):
* Derro, Magister
* Duergar, Tyrant
* Hag, Dreamthief
* Baku, Dreamweaver
(I thought it was the norm to have a coma AND to list creatures according to their group.)
Aside from that... All good. There are returning creatures, but tehy're either templated or as a new subtype.
What are your thoughts (no pun intended) on this book?