JiCi wrote:That's actually a really cool idea. Probably not something that could make it into this book, but I'll see what I can do to get it into KoP:C if there's room.
I'm almost tempted to make the Wide Array feat selectable more than once or replace Favored Focus by learning the other two arrays :P
An entropist with all 12 elements... has to roll a D12... and a D3 for the Array Blast... ouch XD
Still... the Elemental Scion was for only one element, the Elemental Avatar was for 4 elements... the Entropist is also 4 elements. I feel like the Entropist can be further differenciate from the Avatar if he could learn all 3 arrays, albeit having more resources to manage.
But then there is something called "balance" that needs to be considered XD
A kineticist that have access to all 12 elements is gonna be OP in no time. Even with all preparations, planning and such, that's still quite the powerhouse.
My idea is this:
- Favored Focus is replaced with Expanded Array, which like Expanded Element, you either pick your primary array or another array. Pick another array gives you 4 other elements, you're now using a D8 and everything that goes with it. At 15th level, you can again pick your primary array or the 3rd array, now using a D12.
- Picking your primary array a 1st time gives you all composite blasts from your regular elements (Thunderstorm, Ice, Blue Flame and Metal) without giving you access to the combination blasts. The idea is that your primary array is getting stronger.
- Picking your primary array a 2nd time gives you all combination blasts (composite blasts being made of two elements). The idea is that at this point, you've mastered your array, to the point that you can mix and match elements. In addition, if your elements have 2 blasts, you gain the 2nd one: Air gets Electric, Water gets Cold, Sound gets Vibration, etc.
- Picking a secondary or tertiary array would just give you simple blasts and talents. You trade damage output for versatility. You would NOT have access to composite blasts at all, as a trade-off.
- Array Blast could cost 4 additional Burn points to add a 2nd array and then another 4 Burn points to add the 3rd array. Yes, I'm going this far... because if we can have the Omnicide, we can have a blast that can... burn you out XD
On a sidenote, for both the Entropist and Twice-Born Repenter, it would be good to have a small paragraph about alignment changes, like the Paladin.