|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
Characters: Agna and CD Kyra.
We completed adventure 3 and have the following feedback.
1) I really liked the story text. Good job! The names were initially a little confusing but it was great writing. More on this later.
2) "Things" are starting to get "real" in AD3. By that I mean that although we were successful, we were *barely* successful (ended with 10 blessings many times with only 2 players!). And we had some close calls with health. I think this AD will challenge a lot of players (including my 4 player group).
3) Although AD2 was punishing to large groups, I still noticed various mechanics that punished big groups in AD 3. Big groups are already punishing enough?
4) The Shadow Demon servitor demon was a complete non-factor in this adventure. There were so few abyssal locations, his main power of cold damage was ignored, so he was basically a combat 20 creature. While that's tough, we found the Blood Demons in the previous AD much more challenging.
5) I really like the cohorts and the story that went with them. Mechanically they were useful as well.
6) I used my Paizo t-shirt reroll for the first time in 25 scenarios and I needed to use it in each and every scenario. The increased difficulty combined with "high stakes" made it necessary. My partner didn't have rerolls, but I was exploring a lot more than she was.
7) Nice custom art (I assume) on the cards.
8) In general we had a lot of fun with this adventure.
Now for a review of the scenario. We finished with 12 blessings but weren't close to dying.
Grimslakes.... ugh. The Grimslake CON check is worse than the combat check! These things were fairly deadly and made me glad I picked Mythic Guardian instead of Marshall (used by D20 when we were out of blessings). I made all the Grimslake checks (thankfully!). I also liked the villain.