|Paizo Pathfinder® Paizo Games|
|About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ|
The desolation has ended. The DRAGONS have arrived. Get your copy of Path of Dragons today! Now available exclusively at the Legendary Games webstore, and available next week here at Paizo!
In case you're wondering what in the world a Path of Dragons is...
Dragons are amazing creatures, with an epic legacy throughout myth, legend, and RPGs, but when heroes rise to the heights of mythic power sometimes the dragons in your campaign are the ones running for cover. The mythic rules for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game offer an amazing toolkit for building exciting and amazing monsters, but the balance of power is still decidedly pro-PC. NO MORE!
Path of Dragons from Legendary Games brings you nearly 70 new mythic abilities specially tailored for the scaly suzerains of monsterdom, including a host of abilities suitable for every kind of dragon, from clinging breath to impenetrable scales and from winged tempest to strafing breath. In addition to this array of abilities both offensive and defensive, Path of Dragons also brings you rules for new Dragon Paths: focused clusters of special abilities built around key themes of dragonhood, from a miser dragon's fool's gold, hoard crawlers, and jeweled coat to a tyrant dragon's mythic minion, imperious glare, and cult of the dragon! These Dragon Paths work in concert with existing mythic abilities and can be applied to any mythic dragon of any age, color, or species, because you just might need an cunning green dragon sibilant, a hulking white dragon titan, a brilliant blue dragon arcanius, a stoic silver dragon watcher, or a soaring brass dragon skylord. Good or evil, chromatic or metallic or something else, every dragon in your campaign will find something to smile about in Path of Dragons. Mythic dragons are great, but now it's time to Make Your Dragons Legendary!
The Mythic Path series from Legendary Games looks to fill in the niches that are not quite served by the existing mythic paths, providing exciting new options for your mythic heroes and diabolical dirty tricks for your mythic villains, made by the same creative minds that helped build the mythic rules. Whether for heroes or villains, the abilities in these Mythic Paths offer a host of great new options for your mythic game, bringing fabulous flavor and imaginative mechanics with the standard of excellence in design that you've come to expect from Legendary Games. Pick up this 28-page supplement for today and Make Your Game Legendary!
We are working on some redesign concepts for our covers and we would be happy to have your feedback. Check out the latest update on our website and give us your feedback. We'll be selecting one respondent at random to get a free copy of Mythic Monsters: Aliens when it comes out!
Sound off, Legendary fans. We want to hear from you!
Yes, you read that right.
EVERY PDF in the Legendary Games library (except one) is 50% OFF!!!
You want fantastic print products like the Mythic Monsters series or any of our fabulous adventures? Print books are all 10% off, and if you spring for a print/PDF bundle those are 20% off, as is the PDF of the Gothic Campaign Compendium, a magnificent value at 256 pages and already discounted from the price of buying all 17 component products individually.
Some folks have said, "Legendary Games stuff looks great, but the price is kinda high." Brother and sister gamer, this sale is for you.
In addition to our sale on our own webstore and across all our partner sites, we also have debuted three brand-new products just in time for PaizoCon. These brand-new items are not part of the sale and are available exclusively at the Legendary Games webstore! Pick yours up today!
Why a sale? It's because of you; it's because of the support of the Pathfinder community for LG and the products we create.
When I took over Legendary Games two years ago, we had produced just two products. We have now released EIGHTY, including over 30 in print, with products for the Pirate, Righteous Crusade, Gothic Horror, Kingdom-Building, and Far East Adventure Path Plug-In lines as well as kingdom and mass combat rules like Ultimate Battle and Ultimate Rulership and an ever-growing line of products for the Mythic rules for Pathfinder. The key to our success? Creating great product, sure, but it's all about the people. We use the many of the same authors and artists that create the official Pathfinder rules, adventures, and supplements you already use, like Neil Spicer, Greg Vaughan, Clinton Boomer, Jim Groves, Matt Goodall, Tim Hitchcock, Nicolas Logue, Jason Nelson, Russ Taylor, Todd Stewart, Tom Phillips, Jonathan Keith, Tork Shaw, Ben Bruck, and more working on products not yet released, like Richard Pett and Mike Shel and a few we'll be announcing at our seminar, people with awesome skill, experience, and insight into what makes a great Pathfinder product, or how to take an already great product and make it LEGENDARY!
Check out our company page here at Paizo.com or on the Legendary Games website for all of our product lines, and if there's been something you've had your eye on picking up, NOW IS THE TIME! This sale runs through the end of PaizoCon weekend. When the con is gone after Sunday, so are the savings!
Thanks again for all your support, and happy gaming to you!
If you're playing in Saturday's Islands of Plunder: Tarin's Crown adventure with yours truly, courtesy of Matt Goodall and the creative minds of Legendary Games, you need a character!
You can bring your own PFS-legal 6th level piratical character. Note that this doesn't mean this is a PFS event, just that it provides a basic threshold of expectations, including no wonkiness around item crafting and WBL.
Alternatively, you can play one of the following pregens, which will be featuring in next month's release of Nautical Heroes: Pregenerated Characters by Neil Spicer! If you want one, name it and claim it!
1) Cathran Tyvirian (Half-Elf Cleric of Desna) - This lady is destined to become the navigator for any pirate ship. With her ability to read the stars and always know where true north lies, no one else can match her command of geography and survival at sea. She's also a lore seeker, having studied ancient history in and around the Shackles with a particular interest in exploring abandoned ruins and reclaiming what treasures lie there.
2) Lumis Prindle (Halfling Bard) - This guy is great for morale aboard ship, having earned the nickname "Fairweather" for the clear skies and smooth seas his fellow crewmates believe he brings them. From his uplifting tales and songs to his adaptable luck and amazing connections, he also helps look after everyone. He's exceptionally well-versed in tales of adventure and piracy on the open seas with a heart for adventure twice his actual size. He's also well-traveled, so he knows a lot about different cultures and where to procure or sell pretty much any liberated goods.
3) Miriel Kalantee (Elf Sea Witch) - This lady has a seagull familiar and a dark patron tied to the murky depths of the deep ocean. Dealing heavily in portents and dreams, she also can marshall an array of mind-affecting magic. Somewhat sultry and flirtatious, she reveres a triumvirate of female goddesses, including Besmara (ocean/fury), Calistria (lust/revenge/trickery), and Desna (dreams). She also has a bit of sea elf blood to her which strengthens her connection to the sea.
4) Ondirra Shirahz (Undine Monk) - This lady grew up among the islands controlled by the Red Mantis. While she never pursued the path of becoming an assassin, she has perfected a flowing style of martial arts which focuses on defense and redirection of attacks by her enemies. She also has the means to blend in more among human populations by consciously controlling her typically blue coloration. Somewhere in her past, she ran afoul of the assassins and now avoids or opposes them however she can.
5) Evon Bloodbeak (Tengu Rogue) - This is the lone "evil" pregen PC. A violent birdman with a taste for sharp blades and drawing the blood of his enemies. He also possesses the utter greed of a true raven, attracted to pretty much any shiny bauble or the glitter of gold. A pirate to the core, he has no reservations in robbing and pillaging innocents who cross his path. While he might make for a strong first mate to a pirate captain, he's also the most likely to pursue a course of mutiny to seize a ship for himself.
6) Silvio Devaulis (Human Oracle of Waves) - This guy is kind of a Long John Silver analogue, but with a mystic connection to Besmara, the goddess of piracy, strife, and the sea. He curses his patron just as often as he reveres her, however, languishing in the fickle fortunes and misfortunes she brings his way. As a result, he has the haunted oracle curse, granting him a few eerie cantrips, but also the vexing condition where he frequently loses or misplaces things due to the whims of Besmara's servants. This includes the leg he lost to a shark as a child and he now compensates for with a peg-leg. He also has a fair smattering of skills all sailors need, having honed them over several years as a ship's doctor. And he has a silver tongue when it comes to convincing others to always see things his way.
7) Taren Torrenato (Human Gunslinger) - This guy fled Alkenstar after being charged with illegally trading secrets of gunsmithing and gunpowder to pirates. While true, he never thought of it as lawbreaking, seeing it instead as a means for rising above his lowly position as an engineer's apprentice. He's always felt a strong connection to the ocean anyway, having been born on a ship crossing the Inner Sea. He's also a skilled sailor, using his time aboard ship to continue perfecting new gun designs and alchemical agents. He does so in anticipation of the day his countrymen track him down for a day of reckoning, making his mark as a true pirate until that time comes.
Calling all Pathfinder PIRATES! If your campaign ever even THINKS about going near the sea, you are going to be very interested in this collection of magic items, the Treasury of the Fleet! Besides, who doesn't like LOOT?
Now available exclusively from the Legendary Games webstore and starting this weekend in wide release, including right here at Paizo.com and our other sales partners.
TABLE OF CONTENTS BY CR
CR 4/MR 1 Mythic Freshwater Merrow
You, the fans, have made the MYTHIC MANIA Kickstarter an amazing success, and pulling into the final weekend we’re not done yet! Three hardback rules expansions for mythic, ranging from 280 to 305 pages and counting, with free PDFs, free domestic shipping, full HeroLab support for all three books, this is an amazing set of rulebooks.
But when you have amazing rulebooks, you still need somewhere to play. Somewhere amazing. Somewhere fantastic. Somewhere LEGENDARY. But where could you go to find adventure like that, authored by the best adventure-writers in the business: Neil Spicer, Richard Pett, Mike Shel, Tim Hitchcock, Jim Groves, Matt Goodall, and Nicolas Logue.
Perhaps your characters might like to visit... LEGENDARY PLANET!
Hey, everybody else is filling out Final Four brackets, why not us?
Once the Kickstarter begins, we will be having backers vote on which monsters from our existing Mythic Monsters product line will be guaranteed a spot in the Mythic Monster Manual we are creating as part of our MYTHIC MANIA Kickstarter, but just for fun we are opening up the initial poll to everyone. I have posted a poll on my Facebook page (Jason Eric Nelson) and shared it to the Legendary Games Facebook page, but I know not everyone is a Facebook fan so I'm reposting it here!
Everyone is welcome to cast your vote for your four favorites from Mythic Monsters: Demons from Legendary Games! The winning Final Four will be posted during the Kickstarter, and backers who see that one of their favorites hasn't been included can add a special "marry a monster" pledge to bring their favorite into the family! Creatures not selected to the Final Four may be added later as the designers balance the final book's contents in terms of creature type and power level, but only the ones YOU select are guaranteed a spot. Let's find some mythic demons a home! The MYTHIC MANIA KICKSTARTER pregame show starts NOW!
Which mythic demons do you want to guarantee a spot in the MYTHIC MONSTER MANUAL? Choose your FINAL FOUR!
As much fun as the mythic rules are, Legendary Games will never get too far from its roots of providing amazingly rich and detailed plug-in products for the adventure paths that make Pathfinder so much fun. If you happen to be playing one of those kingdom-building APs, with your River Kings out there hacking out a kingdom in a fey-haunted wilderness, or just any campaign where the fey play a role or where you just want to infuse a touch of magical mystery into the wilds beyond civilization's edge, you have got to take a look at the latest from Legendary: Faerie Mysteries!
In other words, IT'S FAERIE FRIDAY!!! Available now exclusively on the Legendary Games webstore, and starting next week in wide release, including right here on Paizo.com! Check it out!*
Last week we announced our planned Kickstarter, aimed at creating the definitive collection of mythic support materials for your Pathfinder RPG experience using the mythic rules. Not one, not two, but THREE mythic hardcovers are planned, one for magic, one for monsters, and one for a miscellany of rules including class abilities, path abilities, feats, and more. That Kickstarter is now less than two weeks away.
While we are spearheading and coordinating this project, it is not a Legendary solo project. A great myth requires great heroes, and in this endeavor we are joining forces with Wolfgang Baur and the crew at Kobold Press as well as Owen K.C. Stephens and company at Rogue Genius Games. Of course, what good Kickstarter would be without surprises, and we have a third surprise partner that we'll be revealing tonight that will blow your mind.
For all the latest on Legendary Games and the upcoming Kickstarter, check us out tonight on the Refresh and Reload podcast with Erik "Lazarus" Frankhouse, either on their website or on their Google+ page. Check our site for the links! We should be recording at 8:30 PM tonight Pacific time (a little over an hour from now), but you'll be able to check out the podcast anytime on the R&R site.
Our official Kickstarter page should be going live next week so you'll have a good look at our funding goals, stretch goals, and pledge levels. Keep an eye on this thread and our website for the latest!
Check out our webpage for the latest information about our newest Kickstarter project, putting an amazing assortment of mythic supplements into print. Far from just being compilations of existing work, this project aims to create not, not TWO, but THREE fantastic hardback supplements for the mythic rules for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Check it out and keep an eye on Legendary Games for the latest information, including a few friends who will be lending their aid to the cause!
Ready to launch March 24th! Are you ready to Make Your Game Legendary?
NOW AVAILABLE IN WIDE RELEASE from Legendary Games - MYTHIC MINIS 1: Monster Feats! Every week you'll have a brand-new one-dollar dose of mythic madness from the minds of Legendary Games!
You can purchase it at our webstore, right here at Paizo.com, or at your local webstore of choice. Check out the latest from Legendary Games!
For all the accolades of its contributors, Legendary Games started out as a pretty casual group of designers. However, as we've grown rapidly in the last two years we are also growing into more efficient business practices that are not just for our benefit, but also for YOURS!
One of the great things to look forward to in 2014 is a new production schedule, and we begin that conversation on our website, discussing specifically the new Mythic Minis line, including a rundown of the first 10 products upcoming in that line, and how that fits into what we're doing on a larger scale.
More information is yet to come, of course, but we are delighted with the support we've received from our fans and the Pathfinder community at large, and we are looking forward to an even more amazing year in 2014. We invite you to follow us on our website above or on our new Facebook page, on Google+, or on Twitter, as well as right here on the Paizo messageboards and the Paizo webstore. If you've never bought a Legendary Games product, read the reviews and give one a try; we would love to help Make Your Game Legendary!
One of the stretch goals in the Legendary Games Kickstarter is a new horrific adventure by the one and only Greg A. Vaughan. Check the first sneak peek of the deliciously macabre artwork by Tanyaporn Sangsnit. It really gets you into the spirit of the season! KILLING SEASON!!!
You didn't think we just made monsters, did you? Get the latest and greatest heroes of holy valor from the mind of Neil Spicer, the kickoff product for our Righteous Crusade Adventure Path Plug-Ins, the long-awaited RIGHTEOUS HEROES!
Yes, Mythic Fungus. No, we're not kidding. If spores, molds, and fungus are good enough for Egon Spengler, they're good enough for us!
Check out the table of contents or just go ahead and pick up a copy RIGHT NOW from the Legendary Games webstore, or in a few days right here on Paizo.com or from our other sales partners at d20pfsrd and DrivethruRPG!
All those magic numbers have added up to the biggest product Legendary Games has ever produced, 100 pages chock full of magnificent mythic magic, over 400 mythic spells, plus new mythic feats and path abilities to help you take advantage of them.
Get your copy today through Legendary Games and available next week in wide release, including right here at Paizo.com!
447 is a magic number.
Abjuration, conjuration, divination,
It takes 9 levels of spells for each full caster class
A golem and a Legend had a little baby
Obviously from our preview teasers, Mythic Monsters: Demons is first on our list, but we've got a half-dozen books already moving swiftly toward completion. If you want to do mythic, you want to get your hands on these. Check it out.
On the heels of the delightfully chilling Coldwood Codex, Legendary Games is proud to preview our next mass of monsters, the Boreal Bestiary! First preview is up today at the Legendary Games website, featuring the sinister vodenjak! He can take you places for sure, but you never know until you get there if it's a place you really want to go. And then, of course, it's too late.
More previews coming soon...