Sunny - you might want to double-check your weapon bonuses - staves are not finessable weapons and your to hit with it would be +2, not +7 (bab 3, -1 str)... weapon finesse reads:
Benefit: With a light weapon, elven curve blade, rapier, whip, or spiked chain made for a creature of your size category, you may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls.
staves are not light weapons ... the tonfa, since it is a light weapon, IS finessable so you're good there.
GM Coluber wrote:
He said he'd start the game monday or tuesday but nothing about when characters would be chosen. I guess we all kinda assumed it would be right after recruitment closed, but that could have been a wrong assumption for sure. I guess we just wait! :)
Looks like end of recruitment has passed. Can't wait to find out who was picked. Looks like there are 11 of us still in the running...
If I missed anyone, my sincere apologies. DM - didn't mean to step on your toes, here, just bumping the thread really. I look forward to finding out who made the cut. Good luck to all!
Fleur blinks, looks at the sky, blinks again to make sure her vision is clear. She looks about at the others and slowly remembers that they are traveling without their bodies... And yet, she seems to have eyes to open, and a body... she stretches slightly to test her abilities to move about and examines the others for changes to their usual appearance.
Well, I don't have a horse in this race (already in a WotW campaign) but I've been watching the thread cause I thought the gestalt twist was interesting. I wish all of you good luck in the selection process... and congrats in advance to those who get picked. You've really got a touch choice ahead of you, GM, they all look good!
Hi... Like DaWay, I have no interest in joining a new pbp at this time. But since you are new to play by post gaming, I thought I would refer you to Doomed Hero's Guide to Play by Post Gaming. Just click on that link I just gave you and it has all kinds of information about how to format your posts and such - very very helpful info for players and GM.
I wish you all the best in your online gaming efforts. Have fun!!!
FYI, at http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-tiefling - there is a sidebar under the chart for Tiefling random height and weight. The sidebar is all about tieflings mixed with other races than human... the last sentence reads:
"In game terms, the difference between non-human tieflings and human tieflings is purely a matter of size. Unless they have specific tiefling-related size modifiers, the tieflings of each of these races are the same size as their non-fiendish ancestors. They gain any of the bonuses or penalties related to that size, but gain no racial bonuses except those of the tiefling; beyond size, their humanoid ancestry is purely cosmetic."
Interested... here are my stat rolls. taking the 8 in cha, the 18 in wisdom... leaving
str: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
It says in the rules that the raven and thrush familiars know one single language of their master's AS A SUPERNATURAL ABILITY. It also says they can use their master's skill level in a skill if it exceeds their own. Does this mean if the master spends a point in linguistics the bird learns that new language too, or is linguistics one of those skills that familiars cannot use?
Our GM ruled that the familiar could use the languages but I disagree since it is a supernatural ability, not a skill, that they can speak at all. I'm curious as to what the real ruling is.
I'm currently playing in a campaign with a half-celestial and a half-dragon along with some normal humans and a dwarf. Because of the LAs on the two templated races, it's actually pretty balanced. But if you are making a whole game based on templates, just stick to the recommended LAs and you should be pretty much okay imo.
Just remember that while your players might have exp. for lvl 3 or 4, they still have the abilities of a 1st lvl character. t takes a bit more work for the DM to balance encounters and challenges for such a party.
Seems like there aren't a lot of melee characters in the mix, so I'd like to propose a magus character.
Name: Akime Hinamura
I have a much more detailed background for him - but that is the gist of it.
I have not played Crimson Throne, though I am currently waiting to see if I've been accepted into a pbp campaign of it - and I have skimmed through the player's guide... I'm hoping you don't drop just because you'll be out for a weekend while we're still just creating character!
so - Johnny - what sort of characters would you like to go for? Like I said, I have a lot of concepts I can choose from and would enjoy playing any of them at this point.
Hi... thanks for picking me... I hope I don't disappoint! I am still open on characters... and would be happy to build/rebuild any of the concepts I have or come up with something totally new if you prefer.
Ooh, gestalt would be a lot of fun, but I'm not sure if our GM wants the challenge of balancing a game for gestalt characters. They tend to be stronger than other characters of their level, but still have all the limitations of a single class character (skills, hps, cmd/cmb, and so forth).
1. City - I agree re: Kaer Maga.. Korvosa sounds fine to me. I can work with that.
2. Race - I will probably play a human...
3. Alignment - something in the N - NG range is what I had in mind as well... unless I do the monk-ninja, in which case, I'll be LN.
I look forward to the game!!!
answers to questions:
1. I live in the pst time zone but can post at almost any time... I'm adaptable.
2. My available posting hours are just about any time except 2-6am pst which is when I usually sleep.
3. Seijiro is my fave character and represents my rp style the best (see DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses)
4. I can post as often as I want most days - I don't work or go to school. (retired) Some Saturdays I have face to face games so some limited posting (I do keep my netbook with me during games, so I can post a little.)
5. I would prefer to play with at least one other person
6. I like games with a good balance of rp and combat, maybe a little heavy on the rp side. I like having lots of opportunity for character's personality growth over time. Intrigue and politics are cool too, but not to the point that player has to know what character knows at all times (that's what skill rolls and stat rolls are for - ie I can't necessarily know or recall everything my character might know or recall all the time. Just because I met so-and-so 3 months ago in the campaign doesn't mean -I- as the player will remember his/her name and what happened 3 months ago).
7. Interesting question. I have a lot of different ideas for characters. I do have one that I developed for another campaign and didn't get to play in. Her stats were rolled, so if you want point buy, I would have to in and change her around some and she's 7th lvl so again, that could be changed and I could re-level her to any point, including 1st. The idea was to build an interesting support character who could also adventure on her own. She is a monk/ninja with a blend of archetypes.
I of course would be more than happy to build a different character or run one of my other first levels (I have a magus and an alchemist, both from discontinued campaigns) that need new homes as well.
The magus is a displaced warrior from a far off land (fell into a portal), who is looking for a way home.
The alchemist is a dedicated scientist who lost his one true love due to an alchemical accident and since has become bitter against women as a result.
8. the monk/ninja's one true goal is to become a grandmaster (10th in each class) and found her own clan with it's own unique style of martial arts.
The magus' overarching goal is to find a way home through another portal or strong enough magic to take him home.
The alchemist's one true goal, though he'd never admit it openly is to find his one true love, either his original love, who he is convinced no longer loves him because of the accident, or another, which he would never admit to. Perhaps, he thinks, if he could reverse the horrible deformities due to the accident, he could win her back again?
Would you consider a Monk/Ninja multiclass? I think probably human, but not sure about patron. If there were two characters I could work with whatever patron the other character chooses as long as it's not evil or chaos (since I'm a monk, Lawful would have to be part of it, and as a player I'm not fond of playing evil characters). Maybe Irori?