Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Father Jackal

Hama's page

Pathfinder Society Member. 7,575 posts (7,855 including aliases). No reviews. No lists. No wishlists. 1 Pathfinder Society character. 7 aliases.


RSS

1 to 50 of 7,575 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Sundakan wrote:
I really liked Coulson's little "But for me, it was Tuesday" speech.

I loved it.

Sovereign Court

Feral wrote:
Anyone with any amount of exposure to drug addicts should know that you can't scold someone into breaking an addiction.

That's why I cut them out of my life immediately.

Sovereign Court

Sundakan wrote:
And, most importantly, he was the Vice President of the United States.

Ah yes, so he was :D

Sovereign Court

GreenDragon1133 wrote:
Keith David voiced Goliath on Gargyoles, played Frank in They Live, he was also in Chronicles of Riddick, Young Justice, Community, the most recent TMNT series, and will be playing Solovar one of the leading citizens of Gorilla City.

OH Solovar. Ok. He also voiced Admiral Anderson in Mass Effect.

Sovereign Court

O he's voicing savitar? Awesome.

Sovereign Court

Keith david?

Sovereign Court

Is it gorilla's or gorillas? I never could get it.

Sovereign Court

So?

Sovereign Court

Aberzombie wrote:
Hama wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Hama wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Then again, part of my disappointment might be due to finding Patton Oswald to be a pretentious douchebag

Ummm sorry what? First of all what does that have to do with his acting career and character that he portrays that are patently not him?

Also pretentious douchebag?
It's called an opinion. You may not like it, but I don't care.
Opinion based on what?
F%*&ed if I remember. Might be that he just comes across to me that way. Lots of little turd nuggets do.

OK, no problem. I mean he's a swell guy in person.

Sovereign Court

Aberzombie wrote:
Hama wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Then again, part of my disappointment might be due to finding Patton Oswald to be a pretentious douchebag

Ummm sorry what? First of all what does that have to do with his acting career and character that he portrays that are patently not him?

Also pretentious douchebag?
It's called an opinion. You may not like it, but I don't care.

Opinion based on what?

Sovereign Court

Felicity is not an idiot, she most probably disconnected that specific computer from the network till she can determine if it is dangerous or not. They just didn't think we'd need to see that.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aberzombie wrote:
Then again, part of my disappointment might be due to finding Patton Oswald to be a pretentious douchebag

Ummm sorry what? First of all what does that have to do with his acting career and character that he portrays that are patently not him?

Also pretentious douchebag?

Sovereign Court

Fourshadow wrote:

I find this movie mildly interesting. Street-smart Arthur? Meh.

There is another fantasy movie nearing release I am much more interested in...The Great Wall. Love the simple premise in re-purposing the reason for the Wall. Also like Matt Damon and Willem Dafoe. Not very familiar with the cast of Legend of the Sword...

It sucks. Horribly so.

Sovereign Court

Oh god yes, AIM needs to return through the big doors. I WANT MODOK.

Sovereign Court

Just think of the periodic table of elements. Mendeleev left gaps for the hitherto undiscovered elements. Did he know they existed? No. But his logic was sound.

Sovereign Court

BigNorseWolf wrote:


What I want you to consider is that your argument amounts to "we don't know something, therefore religion is true". This is terrible thinking, and it is the core of your argument no matter what veneer or posturing you put around it.

Or basically god of the gaps logical fallacy.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Purple Dragon Knight wrote:
There's a growing number of people who espouse to flat-earth theories and hollow world theories because they are questioning the data that has been presented thus far. Not saying they are right, just saying that a lot of info people consider fact these days have been given to them by the media and/or books with very little info gathered directly by people these days (increasingly relying on what's given to them and taught to them). Some people will even refuse to read history books published in countries that are not their own, for example...

So? Numbers are meaningless, ad populum argument. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large masses.

Sovereign Court

GreenDragon1133 wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Greylurker wrote:
Anyone notice they used the same Ammo that was used on Luke Cage
Indeed. Nice bit of cross-over.
Which just brings us back to the question, where was SHIELD when an Unregistered Enhanced Individual was waging a one man war in Harlem?

Having its own issues? In the middle of a restructure? Fighting a creepy worm monster inhabiting Wars body?

Sovereign Court

Quiche Lisp wrote:

{In response to Drahliana and Hama}

I'll explain.

My father was born in a culture with an ancestors' cult (in Madagascar).

In this society, you exist because of your ancestors - and vice versa : if you have no children, you won't become an ancestor. There will be no continuation of your existence after death - and your existence would have been severely diminished in meaning.

So, for the inhabitants who cling to the traditional malagasy way of life, life is not conceivable without ancestors enduring after death.

Their worldview not only allows, but commands that there's life after death.

Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:


The only reason to believe one is to have the view that you can not imagine the universe without your presence within it.
You believe in the afterlife for the same reason you believe in anything: it makes sense to you, or (if your beliefs change) it comes to make sense to you ; i.e it is consistent with your worldview.

Ok, so? I demand for a random stranger to hand me a suitcase full of money, at least 10 million dollars. But nothing happens. Because a worldiwiev and demands don't matter.

Sovereign Court

Bjørn Røyrvik wrote:

Radcliffe being evil is a huge let-down. I liked him.

As for Nadeer not knowing how genetics work: how common knowledge is it that the Inhumans have Kree modified genes from days or yore rather than it being a plague brought by the recent invading aliens? And even if this is known to her (as it should be), it would hardly be the first time politicians have ignored uncomfortable truths in favor of some stupid s!~@ that better fits their worldview. "It's a plague introduced by outsiders" is far more palatable than "it's an innate potential passed down by our ancestors".

@ T. Seitz: Mister Miracle is DC...

He looked at the Darkhold. Soul said bye bye.

Sovereign Court

Quiche Lisp wrote:
I think there's an afterlife if your worldview allows for an afterlife.

Point is that worldview is completely irrelevant, as it is personal and requires belief without evidence. Until there is proof that the afterlife exists, proof that is not "I feel it in my heart" or "I just know there is", I am free to claim, with certainty, that there is no such thing as afterlife. Burden of proof lies squarely on the shoulders of those who claim that there IS an afterlife. No such proof has been provided for thousands of years, since "the bible says so" or similar isn't proof.

Sovereign Court

Quiche Lisp wrote:
I think Coriat is being sarcastic tongue-in-cheek hyperbolic provocative :-).

So was I

Sovereign Court

Coriat wrote:
Hama wrote:

There is also a word for that.

Strawman argument. As well as ad hominem argument.

You're just trying to scare people off with that fancy Latin.

There's a word for that (well, two words): verbal terrorism.

Standard terror tactics of logic and reason.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Quiche Lisp wrote:
Sissyl wrote:
As I said, when dogmatic American leftists don't get what they want, it is ALWAYS because people are misogynist, racist and otherwise *ist, not because the stuff they wanted might not have been attractive enough to matter for those who could join.

I couldn't agree more.

There's a word for that (well, 2 words) : intellectual terrorism.

Not that misogynism isn't a real thing. But when it's always about misogynism, gender or whatever - in the afterlife ever :-p -, well, then it isn't about these things at all.

In my opinion, it comes from a (typically North American)* puritanical worldview : the tendency not to discuss subjects, but to reduce people and their argumentation to their supposed/surely irredeemable flaws.

I.e : "You're a BAD person, and you corrupt whatever you say with your BADNESS."

* It's also a very leftist essentialist point of view a.k.a. ideological purity.**

** I was raised in a very leftist environment. I've got nothing against Lefties (Is that a word ?) that I haven't got against Conservatives :-).

There is also a word for that.

Strawman argument. As well as ad hominem argument.

Sovereign Court

Irontruth wrote:

You want names and dates?

If you care, do some google searching, most of this happened on the internet, so it's fairly well documented. If you don't care enough to do that, I'm not going to waste my time doing it for you.

Edit: to be more specific, I'm tired of being told this kind of stuff doesn't exist, presenting proof that it does, and people stubbornly resisting and refusing to acknowledge it. If you don't see it, that's your hangup. If you want to convince me it's not your hangup and this is all in my imagination, I'm willing to hear the evidence, but it's going to have to be pretty convincing.

Actuable, epmirical, repeatable, peer reviewed proof?

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lol they are not being terrible. Telling people the uncomfortable truth is a good thing.

Sovereign Court

Quark Blast wrote:
Hama wrote:
Well divine beings are supernatural, plus there is no evidence of supernatural whatsoever, so, until someone proves that supernatural exists, I will deny that it exists. It's that simple. Burden of proof is always on the back of those who claim that something exists.

Well, it's standard to believe that you don't get something from nothing. Except in the case of the Universe. In that case you get everything from nothing.

Does that count?

Ever heard of matter antimatter creation? Or reverse annihalation? It's happening all the time, literally something coming out of nothing.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Burden of proof

Quote:
When two parties are in a discussion and one makes a claim that the other disputes, the one who makes the claim typically has a burden of proof to justify or substantiate that claim especially when it challenges a perceived status quo

Sovereign Court

Mike J wrote:

Coruscant to Mustafar takes less time than it takes a 3rd degree burn victim (who just lost two legs and an arm) to die of shock/exposure/loss of blood/whatever.

Hyperspace = plot speed for me. Plot factor 5, engage!!!

because in a galaxy where they have artificial gravity, hyperspace, blades of solid plasma suspended in a powerful magnetic field and a mystic ability to control and heal people, it is completely implausible they have medicine that can keep him alive?

Sovereign Court

Anonymous Warrior wrote:
The Raven Black wrote:
I know at least one dedicated atheist who believes in the supernatural (things such as shamanism IIRC). Not as a set of beliefs but as unexplained occurrences
That's interesting. I've met agnostics who accept the existence of the supernatural, but never anyone who flatly denies the existence of a (or multiple) divine beings without also denying the supernatural. So then, is it a viewpoint that weird stuff happens, but it doesn't mean anything? Or is there more to it?

Well divine beings are supernatural, plus there is no evidence of supernatural whatsoever, so, until someone proves that supernatural exists, I will deny that it exists. It's that simple. Burden of proof is always on the back of those who claim that something exists.

Sovereign Court

It will. It has Vanessa Hudgens in it. And the trailer is extremely unfunny.

Sovereign Court

Takes far longer than minutes. They just don't show the grueling hours it takes.

Sovereign Court

Again, galaxy is a vast vast place.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
jemstone wrote:

But it didn't, though.

Original Star Wars didn't. Splinter of the Mind's Eye (gag... I wrote a book report on that in second grade. Gaggggg.) never did, and it was the official canon sequel to A New Hope until the movie went over like gangbusters and we got the much better Empire.

We didn't get Secret Jedi until well into the books (side note: Han Solo At Star's End was a great novel and I'll fight anyone who argues with me at dawn. With lightsabers), so for EU/ExU canon, sure.

I'm down with Neo-Disney canon introducing Secret Jedi, as long as it's done well. I just want them to keep the original intent of ANH in mind as they go. That's all.

RE: Ideon Jeez, dude. You could have told me it was Tomino.

Now that I have context, no. No that's not what I want at all. I want the deaths of characters to be meaningful. To have purpose and impact. I don't want Star Wars: Revenge Of The Grim Reaper.

Which, considering how much I love the Cyberpunk genre, may seem a little odd, but if you know me, it makes sense.

** spoiler omitted **

Well judging how disney does things today, I'm sure they will introduce the secret jedi plotline very carefully and in such a way which will not detract from the Skywalker family importance. Galaxy is a vast, vast space. There is room for other force users, failed jedi or weak, to accomplish meaningful things on their own without it having to impact the story of the original trilogy in the slightest or can be seamlessly integrated without having to mention that "a jedi did it"

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I see a point. I like being alive and living a life. I don't need a bigger meaning.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
thejeff wrote:
Hama wrote:
Aranna wrote:

Is there an afterlife? Yes.

It is accepted as truth that there is one if you are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, and even every Pagan religion if I am not mistaken.

So if you believe then yes.

Believing in something doesn't make it true. Proof does. Conclusive, repeatable, empirical proof.

So things that aren't proven aren't actually true? They only become true when proven? Weird.

I'd always assumed there was an actual truth out there and our attempts at proving things were just trying to decipher what it was.

No, just that without proof, we don't know. And belief is a poor substitute for knowledge.

Sovereign Court

Aranna wrote:

Is there an afterlife? Yes.

It is accepted as truth that there is one if you are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, and even every Pagan religion if I am not mistaken.

So if you believe then yes.

Believing in something doesn't make it true. Proof does. Conclusive, repeatable, empirical proof.

Sovereign Court

No, you die. As your brain shuts down and begins to rot you cease to exist as a person. Your body simply becomes a piece of meat. There is no afterlife.

Sovereign Court

I hope there will be as little Naomi Rapace as possible

Sovereign Court

Bjørn Røyrvik wrote:
I liked the last Indiana Jones movie, if that was what you were referring to.

Good for you. I did not.

Sovereign Court

Bjørn Røyrvik wrote:
Eh, not convinced yet. It has some of the right look, but could end up like the last time Ford reprised a beloved role.

You mean two last times.

Sovereign Court

Alan Tudyk is a great voice actor.

Sovereign Court

There was Shocker?

Sovereign Court

Piracy is killing the movie industry? Are you kidding me?

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I love that Felicity Jones refused to wear a tank top and insisted on clothes that will not display her figure prominently

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Tjis just in

I'm psyched, who else is psyched?

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Stormtroopers are elite troops of the empire, of course they can aim properly. The fact is that all of those times they missed in the movies, they MISSED ON PURPOSE. First it was to get them to show where the rebel base was. Then to get them to get into an almost no-win situation in episode 6. Look at Empire and how they kicked their asses.

Sovereign Court

Matthew Morris wrote:

Personally I loved how <redacted> went from friend to future foe.

THAT is how you do Hal Jordan/Thall Sinestro DC!

It was kinda weak imho.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Black Dougal wrote:
Sorry, this is slightly off topic but just watched SW Rebels and see Thrawn has 6 blue, 3 red and 3 orange/yellow bars on his insignia. Would that put him above Krenic and on the same level as Tarkin?

Militarrily yeah, but not politically. Tarkin has more red pips. If I was paying attention to what baron was saying.

Sovereign Court

Tangled's songs are an infinite amount better than frozen songs.

1 to 50 of 7,575 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.