***Warning - thread resurrection in progress***
The "running this adventure soon" part took somewhat longer than expected...
I don't know if Mr Logue will see this, but here is a quick run down of what happened when my (over-equiped) PCs went through the adventure.
The cast: halfling druid, human barbarian, halfling bard & human sorcerer; all level 10 (after very successfully defending Farshore against the Crimson Fleet in my Savage Tide campaign).
- I set the stage for the Manderholm textiles uncut material, but the druid summoned a rhinoceros to bash in the doors & let the animal next charge Tamm's group (so no chance for diplomacy). Mason bought some time allowing Tamm to turn invisible, but the dwarf got glitterdusted (& blinded) by the sorcerer in the process, putting him effectively out of combat. (The dwarf got captured & was executed later).
- the idea to infiltrate the prison came (jokingly) from one of the PCs & Gregor was immediately very enthusiastic (Initially, they planned to attack the prison - you can see a pattern here). The plan was that the druid would stay outside (with most of their equipment in bag of holding) & the other PCs would enter Black Maw.
- They staged a bar fight (bard PC started to tell jokes about miners in a bar full of miners) & "resisted arrest".
- Some memorable actions in Black Maw:
* The minotaur was stopped by a fear spell from the sorcerer (unnoticed by sentinels) & the barbarian.
* the bard rolled some very poor fortitude saves during work in the mines (which made him remark: "I survived the Isle of Dread to die by heat & fatigue in prison")
* the first night the druid entered the prison (wild shaped) & they exchanged info & planned their next moves (attack & kill the (suspected) Covenant members next night - remember the pattern?)
* they noticed the poison in Karl's food, but did not connect it (at first) with the Old Man.
* I did not go for the sabotaged elevator, instead I did the prison break on day two.
- Prison Break: with Karl in the forges, the bard turned invisible & hid himself in the forges to keep an eye on Karl.
At the start of the riot, he managed to confuse Duncan, Midnight & two thugs; the barbarian managed to bull rush the giant in one of the mine shafts. The PCs (minus druid) then quickly rescued Karl (killing Duncan & Midnight) and started to return to the surface (via sorcerer's fly). The barbarian & the giant briefly battled near the elevator shaft (with the giant getting bull rushed (again) in the shaft), while the bard & Karl flew up the elevator shaft (ignoring the fighting monks & the Old Man who begged that they took him with him).
- Meanwhile, the druid noticed the commotion at the surface & killed the sentinels who were going down with the elevator to help (the collateral damage of the druid can end up quite high). Rao managed to go down to the cell block level & fought the wereboar there.
The druid (in owl shape) then tried to stop the blackguard & his ally (with swarms & summoned air elementals) - but the blackguard managed to escape to the abbot's room & get his sword. With his sword the blackguard managed to locate the wildshaped druid & attacked him, but in the end he had to flee (too heavily wounded himself). At that time, the sorcerer dimension doored above the prison & downed the fleeing blackguard with a fireball. The (invisible) half orc priest was located by the druid, managed to cast harm but was killed as well. Finally, they demolished the elevator, effectively trapping the (few?) prisoners who are still alive (including the Old Man!) (but the wereboar may manage to climb up). that's were we ended - wrap up in a few weeks/months...