Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Bag of Devouring

Gorbacz's page

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber. Pathfinder Society Member. 11,470 posts (11,589 including aliases). 78 reviews. No lists. 1 wishlist. 1 Pathfinder Society character. 10 aliases.


RSS

1 to 50 of 11,470 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
thejeff wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:


Rumors of the death of print have been greatly exaggerated.

Well, then again, you're dealing with a target group which is notorious for its hostility towards technology.

? What target group is that?

Geeks? Humans? Readers?

Edit: The most I've seen is people banning phones/tablets at the table for distraction reasons. While others run games from them. A lot of complaints about WotC not having digital options available.

People who don't know what a ZIP file is in 2015.

People who check their email once per month.

People who think vidja games killed p'n'p RPGs.

People who wish PFS scens were available in print because wow, you can actually print those PDF things?

People who ban Hero Lab use in their games.

People who wish things were like they started gaming in 1976.

All of the above happen on regular basis in this community.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
shadram wrote:

Until PDF viewers can offer the functionality of a printed book, I can't imagine I'll ever switch completely.

I generally have a bunch of bookmarks in each of my books when I'm running a game, making it easy to jump between pages that I need, and even this obvious function is missing from any eReader app I've tried. Add in the ability to cover the pages with PostIt notes, and even switch back and forth between books easily (an often painfully slow process on my tablet), and print is still the superior format.

Several PDF readers allow you both to add bookmarks and notes. I use Foxit and it supports both features.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:


Rumors of the death of print have been greatly exaggerated.

Well, then again, you're dealing with a target group which is notorious for its hostility towards technology.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

And aliens!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
magnuskn wrote:
Nicos wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
magnuskn wrote:

Hard to Fool (APG), Hard to Fool (UC, great job keeping those talent names separate, guys ^^), Ki Pool (UC) and probably others?

The APG talent is called Hard to Fool, the UC talent is called Hard Minded. But hey, never let facts get in the way of confirmation bias.
NOt originally at least.
Yeah, I guess someone didn't get a first printing.

Oh no, the rabid fanboy Gorbacz failed to slavishly support his Paizo overlords with an early purchase! Noooooooo!!!!!

Or ... he is rabid enough to have both printings. :D

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
magnuskn wrote:

Hard to Fool (APG), Hard to Fool (UC, great job keeping those talent names separate, guys ^^), Ki Pool (UC) and probably others?

The APG talent is called Hard to Fool, the UC talent is called Hard Minded. But hey, never let facts get in the way of confirmation bias.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Morzadian wrote:
Paizo couldn't survive without the sale of hardcover books. They have said it themselves numerous times. It's not just WOTC (who rely on hardcover book sales), however Paizo is very 'digital' friendly.

Any links to statements on this? The last time I read anything about the topic, Paizo's primary source of income were monthly subscription lines, with Adventure Paths being the biggest of them. Hardcovers are an icing on the cake in their case, as opposed to WotC, who (at least during the 4e era) based their model around having 1-2 hardcovers out every month.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Ah, dedicated moderators. Finally, a challenge worthy of me. So, does a Paladin violate the code when he or she drinks decaf?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Kthulhu wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:

My impression is that they were definitely burned by 4E and are taking a 'slow and steady' approach to development/expansion this time around.

I'm more of the view that splat books will happen eventually. Provided the success of the core game continues and the fans keep asking for them. (They've certainly indicated they're open to them, down the track).

It is amusing to see some of the old posts on this topic on these forums, where some people predicted that within a year of release, 5e would have a mountain of splats.

Yeah, I agree. I am so glad my prediction that 5e is a Placeholder Edition made mostly so that WotC can license the crap out of it gets confirmed more and more.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Barachiel Shina wrote:

But I've ran games where those classes go on for several encounters, rest, and continue as if nothing.

That's a problem of how you run your games, not how the classes are designed.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

"Blizzard nerfed Warlocks, and Warlocks are my fave class becuz they pwn", episode 356.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Since apparently we have a new trend here...

WHY IS SHIPPING ON HARDCOVERS SO UGLY THAT IT FORCED ME TO QUIT THE RPG SUB AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE 29TH FOR MY PDF THIS IS UNFAIR BAD AND NOT NICE *HEAVY BREATHING* *BLOOD PRESSURE*

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Dotted for much interest in the thread. Fast forward to PDF date, please!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Use a browser plugin such as Lazarus, which allows you to recover lost forum post drafts.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Irony ;-)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Vodka or Whisky?

Silver Crusade

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Any new monsters?

Do we get new info on Aroden?

Are paladins of Asmodeus legal again?

Anything on Darklight Sisterhood?

Stats for gods, maybe?

I sure hope there are no robotz with lazors in there.

Beholders, finally?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

White Wolf didn't collapse because they went digital. Heck, they never really did - what killed them was the decision to reboot all their profitable lines with something that wasn't quite as well received.

I take it you're ready to stomach the increasing prices of print products? Paper is dying, mobile is on the rise, things will only get worse from now on if you're in the "let's party like it's 1778 all over again" camp.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
GreyWolfLord wrote:
Kalindlara wrote:
Earl of the Malebolge wrote:
Aelryinth wrote:

Worms.

They'd have to move it to Golarion to do serious justice for it, however, and that would involve some big rewrites.

===Aelryinth

Please please please Paizo!!!

sigh

Wizards' IP, unfortunately. :(

That's an interesting thought though. Maybe they couldn't do a word for word reprint, but perhaps a spiritual successor (these seem all the rage these days anyways)?

That's awfully close to lawsuit territory.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
zylphryx wrote:
Having the Shackled City get the PF treatment would be nice (though you would lose some of the surprise factor of running a PF group through it and modding it yourself ... those who have read or played it know of which particular NPC I speak ;) ).

Sadly, impossible. Shackled City is owned by WotC.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Apocryphile wrote:
Ross Byers wrote:
Apocryphile wrote:
Surely you should send the link when the order goes to pending, as that's when you actually take my cash?!?
Because they don't take the cash until it ships. See this FAQ.

Well maybe the banks here in NZ do things differently, because my account is debited before my order moves to shipped. The funds are no longer accessible by me, i.e., I have paid for them.

I understand that Paizo may not receive my money for some time after that (I worked in Finance for over 11 years), but the point remains that I have paid. As the authorisation has been successful, the funds have been confirmed to be present, and set aside for Paizo so at that point there is no danger of them not receiving their cash.

So I ask again, why do I have to wait for the warehouse to get round to ship my order (which usually seems to be at the bottom of the stack) to be able to download my pdfs when payment for them has been set aside from my account for usually well over a week previously?

What reason is there for not allowing access to the pdfs once the order has been authorised? Payment is assured at that point. There is no risk, only goodwill, and swift delivery of goods paid for.

Well, having worked in finances for 11 years you surely do know that authorisations on bank accounts don't last forever. The usual expiry date is 7 days. So, consider this scenario:

April 7th: Paizo authorises your acc and gives you access to your PDFs.
April 14th: Auth expires.
April 16th: Paizo comes around to sending your order (since it's on the bottom of the stack) and charges your card, but the money isn't there any more. Maybe it's because that wasn't a credit card but a flat/pre-paid card and you spent the money on something else in the mean time, or maybe because a bailiff put an order on your account to seize overdue alimony (in most jurisdictions, bailiff seizure orders override any other authorisations and charges short of other seizure orders), or some other reason.

In either case, you have the PDFs, Paizo has nothing, and in the quite possible event that this happened because you wanted to have free stuff and get away with it, there's little short of international litigation that Paizo can do about it.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Aaand diagonal squares are adjacent, too.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Silver Surfer wrote:
Anzyr wrote:
They already rewrote the Cleric. It's called the Shaman.
And what a hideous mistake that was... what makes it especially farcical is that the druid already had several shaman archetypes!!!

Today, the prize for getting the most hyperboles in a sentence about a game goes to...

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

IIRC in one of the preview podcasts it was stated that Unchained says flat-out "give everyone +2 skill points/level". Skill point amounts were carried over from 3.5 in order not to blow up all the published statblocks, so it makes sense to uncouple the system from legacy chassis here as well.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Marco Massoudi wrote:

The Cheliax Campaign Setting should be out in october - i hope.

By then the first half of "Hell´s Rebels" should also be available.
I wish the Campaign Settings would come out before the associated Adventure Paths to help GMs prepare additional background flavor...

Most GMs (at least, myself and all GMs I play with) never run APs before they have all 6 parts, so that's not much of an issue.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
"Devil's Advocate" wrote:
zergtitan wrote:
Would love to see feats, items, and player options for eagle knight PCs.
Sadly, I did notice that the summary does not include something like: "and plenty of Feats/Archetypes/Player Options to help play a champion of Andoran/Eagle Knight", so I'm more inclined to think its just a fluff and DM book.

Which is perfectly fine, because it's a book for DMs, duh.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

For me the problem is that each and every of my players (and that's 15+ recurring people) picked up the Summoner, tried to wrap their head around it, failed, and never looked twice. If this book makes Summoner more accessible and easier to handle for people, I'll be happy. I get the argument that it was supposed to be an 'advanced' class, but Witch, Cavalier and Oracle are 'advanced' too, and nobody has ever had such problems with them at my table.

One thing I'm curious about is how the new rage mechanic will apply to other classes and creatures which have access to it - for example, my wife's RoW Ranger has a wolverine animalcomp.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Rynjin wrote:
Arachnofiend wrote:

The Eldritch Guardian combined with one of the many great archetypes that stack with it is already a perfectly viable Fighter, it can only go up from here.

What I really want to see is a way for my EG/Brawler Fighter to mimic Dimensional Anchor. That would be beautiful.

Mutation Warrior/Martial Master/Eldritch Guardian is mechanically pretty solid but you have to admit it's not what you would think of when you say "Fighter".

Well it does look like an Excel spreadsheet, but isn't this what whole d20 is all about? ;-)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Third!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Rynjin wrote:
Jason Bulmahn wrote:
As per usual, we can never please everyone...
Of course not. If you did, I would assume you'd made some sort of unholy pact with Asmodeus, and then a bunch of people wouldn't be pleased anyway!

Well, this book isn't buffing Clerics to any significant degree, so Beckett is bound to be grumpy. ;-)

Silver Crusade

8 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Two butts I can live without, but I sure do hope my cloud of tentacle/penises carries over...

Silver Crusade

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Crowdfunding solves precisely zero problems here, because the biggest problem with hardcover rereleases is that they clog up the manpower and the regular release schedule, and both are pretty vital if you're running a business based around a stead monthly flow of product (and income).

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

It's not like the sexuality of any other iconic was explicitly spelled out in Meet The Iconics.

Maybe except for Alain's thing for horses...

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Cayzle wrote:

May I hijack this thread for my own question? I'm releasing my own free splat book of Pathfinder prestige classes. I am planning to release it under both the OGL and a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Creative Commons license.

You might want to talk to your lawyer about that. The way OGL is worded it is not entirely clear how it sits with other licenses which deal with modifying/transferring rights contained therein.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

The guy would likely have to confront the fact that the Green Faith dropped the ball and ironically the only nature-related force that has any success in fighting demons is a band of deranged NE undead druids.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
DM Beckett wrote:

I'm gonna have to agree, so far the book is kind of on the "meh" side. It kind of seemed to aim for the circumstantial over generally useful, and it really looks like a lot of the gear is far overpriced.

Not useless, but pretty far below what I'd expected. It seems focused most on lightly armored guys, Monks, and Arcane Spellcasters, and seems to have forgotten about, well martial and melee characters.

You forgot your signature "Once again, nothing noteworthy for Clerics" line!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Pexx wrote:


1.A I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for netflix dvds comes with my subscription. I pay amazon 60 dollars a year for "free" shipping. What I am getting at is there are other avenues/models to go down than kicking the shipping cost direct to the consumer i.e. you and me.

Netflix and Amazon operate on volumes of product and business models which are incomparable with a medium-sized company like Paizo. That's apples and oranges there. Amazon actually sells stuff, complete with shipping, at a near-loss and makes up with the sheer insane amount of things they shove out the door every second. I believe Netflix is quite similar.

Sure, there are other avenues:

- stealth the shipping cost into the MSRP. You're still the one who's paying, except you're feeling a little better about yourself now.
- switch the postal company. Oh, wait, United States, you have only one. Tee hee! But hey, you have a Postmaster General, that's a cool name.
- dunno, you got anything?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Ah, Protestants and their "Bible-is-a-literal-in-your-face-truth" thing :)

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Divination is flat-out the best school, if you're talking power level. Conjuration is close second, because Foo Lion Spam > reality.

Whatever a Rogue can do, a Wizar...no, wait, a Slayer, an Inquisitor, a Melee Bard or an Alchemist can do just as good if not better. There's a reason they're getting reworked in Unchained, ya know.

Specialisation - ever seen a moderately optimised party that goes along the lines of Cleric/Wizard/Paladin/Slayer?

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
IceniQueen wrote:
If you want to play a good realiastic flawed character

I'm trying to imagine one, but most people I met IRL never fought a dragon, or their claims to have done so appear vastly exaggerated.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

*dons asbestos suit*
*checks the flamethrower*
*whistles innocently*

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Aaaaah.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Aahh, the good old Logue-Pett-Vaughan jib-jabs. Feels like it's 2008 all over again!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

I've been to Nottingham last week and tell you what lads, you're doing a bloody awful job at making tourists happy! ;-)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Roll a d6, 1-2: Bestiary 2, 3-4: Bestiary 3, 5-6: Bestiary 4. Simples!

Modules and APs mix and match, some are more traditional, others are more off the wall.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

I'd go in any order. Bestiary 2 has a slight planar slant, B3 has an "non-European myth" tingle and B4 has horror and Mythic, but each and every of them is freaking awesome.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Marc Radle wrote:

Most people still buy print books and print is not going away any time soon. The number of folks going all digital is certainly increasing, but they are still very much in the minority.

Print is still very much were it's it for the majority of the book buying public

Go back in time and substitute "books" for "snail mail", "mp3 players", "compact cameras" or "palmtops". See how these turned out.

Our hobby, being notoriously hostile to technology, will likely hold out slightly longer than other areas, but Resistance is Futile.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Kthulhu wrote:
Chozo Hybrid wrote:
Mine was the beginner box when that came out, not as old school
I find it amusing to see someone refer to ANY Pathfinder product as "old school".

You gotta tell them apart from "The Dark Ages" stuff somehow.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Dragon78 wrote:
I hope for a Castrovel AP one day but it will be a long time till we see an AP(or AP volume) that takes place on another planet again.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Feb 2016 AP is Distant Worlds, given how unpopular Giantslayer turns out to be.

1 to 50 of 11,470 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

©2002–2015 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.