Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Stag Lord

Gayel Nord's page

Goblin Squad Member. FullStar Pathfinder Society GM. 133 posts. No reviews. No lists. No wishlists. 6 Pathfinder Society characters.


RSS

1 to 50 of 133 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Goblin Squad Member

Très bien! AvenaOats!

Goblin Squad Member

When the pit fight will be open?

Goblin Squad Member

The lowlands... Does that mean that we will have sometime flood?

Goblin Squad Member

a written legend will be helpful to read the map.

Goblin Squad Member

I have just noticed, where is the west of the map? You know with the imodeae settlement and the river.

Goblin Squad Member

Skymetal... gosh.

*

My team was good. They trashed the behir... The surge were really help. They all take the rituel. There no indication it is dangerous aside from the language and it was Ezren who have used his scroll to read it so I forgot to tell it was written an aklos. The do not like the boon from it
Start with them paying amenopheus to cast endure element. (Gosh He is a wizard but the rules said a cast need to be paid)

When the traces separeted they tries to convinced amenopheus to not separated (I was also thinking it was right, but scenario :() (I would have accepted if someone would have the had the display of charisma) I wish that being mythic would bypass the line of the scenario

Need a fourth player Played a little Ezren like the image from the mythic adventure. Buff. With the chase, some compared it like superman.

At start, they convinced from the start Kafar and Nftit to not attack. Lucky dice. And then to join the pathfinder society.

They have create the signs from each god for the golem and then I pass the pussle because. With the danger pass. The puzzle was easy.

The final scene was special. They neither support the dragon or amenopheus. They proposed that members choose their leader and he rest from a number of year with the a new election after that. (They have not vote who will be the leader thus)

We had a player who had only the subtype. He was convinced that his surge was different than the one who will have this because of the wording (he was thinking that his surge have to be before the result.)

*

I just seen in the scenario that the two thiefs have been in a adventure before with something called the belt of obedience (I only know that the name was written somewhere in the library of the lion.)

What was the adventures they were?

Goblin Squad Member

Pharasma is the goddess of the cycle of life. She's is not the one who would give immortality. For her, immortality is a curse. We stalk in time and pharasma is trying to end it. Kill doesn't work because the souls can't came to her. Maybe because we can't connect with her. The plex-like should reconnect with pharama and temporary weaken the curse. The cycle of life (and experience) would continue.

I propose the name Soul Link Spell (SL) or Remove eternity Curse (REC) or Delay Eternity Curse (DEC) because if this is the pharasma domain. This is something that she would want to stop not cause.


(Sorry for the vocabulary, English is not my first language.)

I am playing a varisian pilgrim of Desna with travel and fate domain.
My DM and I have an argument about one of the feature of the archetype. I know that DM has every calls but he is the one who has guide me here.

A Varisian pilgrim has the following class features.
Fortunate Road
: At 1st level, a Varisian pilgrim must
select the Chaos, Community, Liberation, Luck, Travel,
or Weather domain (or the Exploration, Fate, Freedom,
Trade, or Seasons subdomains from the
Advanced Player’s
Guide
, if available in the campaign) as one of her domains.
If the cleric worships a deity that doesn’t normally grant
one of these domains, she gains access to this domain
but can only pick this one domain—she effectively loses
the option to pick a second domain. As a result, very few
clerics who worship deities who don’t grant access to one
of the domains or subdomains listed above opt to become
Varisian pilgrims. In all other respects, this works like
and replaces the standard cleric’s domain ability.

It said that you need one of your domains to be that and the other one could be anything. I wonder if the first is really important for the next ability.

Caravan Bond (Su)
: At 1st level, by leading a group
prayer for 1 minute, a Varisian pilgrim can select a
number of traveling companions equal to her cleric level
+ her Wisdom bonus. She may use her domain-granted
powers
on any of these traveling companions as if they
were her. She can use these abilities on her traveling
companions at a range of up to 30 feet, even if the ability
normally requires her touch. This ability replaces the
cleric’s prof iciency with medium armor and shields—
she retains prof iciency with light armor only.

That is the center of my problem. By how this power is spelled, it seem that it's could all of the domains granted power. (so in my case fate and travel) But my DM argue that it could be only for the first domain I chose. So which one is the good version?

Also does that also mean that my companions will also +10 foot? or that I could ''cast'' agile foot on all my companions in my turn?

Goblin Squad Member

Me too.

Goblin Squad Member

Tavern have become more useful. I also expect that they will have messageboard for quest.
NPC Implement really? I was thinking it will be related to the economy and settlement. Not war. But it is a exemple.

Question: does some until the end of combat spells could be use to initiate a combat?

At the end, twenty actions? It will take a lot of mastery to use all of them.

Goblin Squad Member

Fun: Being in The Empyrean should be fun!

Goblin Squad Member

Je serais intéressé en faire partir. Malheurseusement, je fais déjà parti d'une guilde. Par contre, j'ai l'intention de vous visiter le plus souvent possible. (Il est vrai que la distance peut changer beaucoup de choses.) Québecois, je suis. Mais, loyal je resterais.

Goblin Squad Member

I think it the first thread I start that keep going on. Yeah!

@ Gaskon I want that too.

It seem to me that the solution, it's not an another big town. It is a another big town and their allies. Because differents factions will a have different aligment, number and specialisation, the balance of power will shift to them.

Goblin Squad Member

From the blog 02/13

Commoners, Experts, and Aristocrats

We've talked a lot about the roles of the game that are derived from Pathfinder's adventuring classes, but we haven't yet mentioned that the same idea also extends to reusing some of the NPC classes from the tabletop game. Specifically, players may pursue three additional roles:

Commoners focus on gathering and harvesting skills.
Experts focus on refining and crafting skills.
Aristocrats focus on leadership and social skills.

3 step from raw to the item is enough. no enchentment. Wizard could have some crafting skill requiring for the role. But the expert should be the expert and anyone should could do item without magic. Execpt for spell completion or spell charged item. Like wizard. But high level in spellcasting should not be requiring.


We want a badass adventure! The best you can offer!

Goblin Squad Member

Can we be affialated to a guild and doing the extra?

Goblin Squad Member

So the ressources will also be finite? You need to use them to others appear?

I am saying that because in Eve in each day the astroids fields restart, so i was thinking about something very common like scordite use as a monetary value.

Goblin Squad Member

I was thinking about more than power. Like punish a resident in term of rules like law or aptitude being relied to the settlement only. If he quit and still used, he should have a flag or something.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

This spark the subject.

Ryan Dancey wrote:

There's an interesting assumption I've seen in this thread that I wanted to mention.

The assumption is that a character can gain X ability while a member of one Settlement, and then keep using it when they change Settlements to one that doesn't have the necessary perquisites to provide and/or sustain that ability so that a character's total available abilities are disassociated from thier Settlement affiliation.

That's an assumption, not a fact.

How powerful you would be the link character-settlement?

Just a training center and a market?

Or they will be benefits and disadvantages with affiliation (something more close)?

Goblin Squad Member

Maybe we should calm down a little. Hey, we break 1000 post. this is the longer thread i seen here.

Goblin Squad Member

There an another con that you forgot for the barter system (also call troc).

Inflation.

Because ressouces are infinite (more than one person could stach lot of good) The price for a rarer item will be more and more high. Because the common ressources will be more and more available. This is the reason why GW will have a control currency.

Goblin Squad Member

I have look in the official map... in term of... i don't what name to give, the mosswater region shouldn't have more monster hexes? I mean they have a invasion of mutant morrow and this is why the crusader road is no longer pratical. I would expect a lot more monster. Because it is more easier just recreate the crusader road than going to thornkeep.

Goblin Squad Member

Love the colors!

Goblin Squad Member

Nihimon wrote:
Ryan Dancey wrote:
Bluddwolf wrote:
There should be one per settlement hex.
Exercise for the readers: Why is is a terrible idea?

First, I should say I'm quite sure I don't see the nuances Ryan does with why this is a bad idea.

That said, my guess is that the problem with it is related to this golden oldie:

A thing you should consider before posting your ideas is "what happens in a world where tens of thousands of people can react to the idea all at once"?

Simple, it doesnt encourage confrontation. If there a rule of one artifact by settlement They will be:

A) a augmentation of little settlement inside a player nation. (because more power)This will decrease interaction between settlement because all will know it a trick for bypass the system.

B) A battle for only the most ''powerful artifacts'' The other will be cast off and their value will decrease to a price that isn't consider a artifact, just a 'maybe good item'. If GW want to introduce a new artifact, it should be more ''powerful'' or it will be cast off and if it is. We will have the same war for item who will be more game-breaking for those who don't have a artifact.

This two effects should devaluate the immersion to pathfinder online and have a pressure by players to devlopper to have more ''powerful' artifact to counter balance the power they have. becoming just a item.

P.s don't hate me for my bad english.

Goblin Squad Member

Andius wrote:

So new discussion topic. What kind of NPC would you like me to voice. ;)

Why do you say that?

Goblin Squad Member

Being wrote:
I thought CPE was 'continuing professional education'.

For me, it is "Centre de la petite enfance" a gouvernement paid day nursery.

Goblin Squad Member

I have already a little problem. I was seen that I can also change my drive from the demo. Curious I change my 30 for a 50. Even if they said you can change until 30 jun, I can't return to 30. What should have do?

Goblin Squad Member

Great blog..

Goblin Squad Member

They haven't talk about the universalist wizard. I wonder...

Goblin Squad Member

Now i can log on. But i can't reach thread without the same error. (i have also used an another brower just to be sure.

Goblin Squad Member

The error persists....

Goblin Squad Member

Hey, i was trying to post in the empyrean forum. but i always has this message.

Erreur 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE)

I will try later if the error repeat.

Goblin Squad Member

I don't like the idea of monster hexe if they are random. It will be easy at long term to just know where they are and always throw adventurers at them.

What i will like it is the monster hexe to be have extreme rate of spawning high level monster and spreading easy to the closest hex but more difficult the more it is far from the monster hex. I wish that they will be lore known.

Goblin Squad Member

I love it. But I don't know what I love in that. It just... follow the same thinking from the last time combat was talked.

Goblin Squad Member

4!

Goblin Squad Member

Simple weapon

Martial wepon

Exotic weapon (only one)

Weapon groups (blade heavy, light, bow, etc.)

light armor profeciency

medium armor profenciency

heavy armor profencienccy

Armor mastery

Weapon master

Armor master

Goblin Squad Member

Imbicatus wrote:

I'd like to have a Neutral-restricted "Nature's Champion" flag that lets druids and like minded tree-huggers to attack harvesters that are engaged in destruction harvesting like clear cutting forest for lumber, strip mining hills for minerals, and so forth.

I dont think it his a good Idea. It seem that you want to justify killing people for harvesting. Also we don't know how destructive the camps are.

Goblin Squad Member

Andius wrote:
Being wrote:
Psyblade wrote:
*goes to be lawful evil*

I know, Right?

Some of us are just going to have to.

I would be fine with that if I actually felt this had any resemblance to the game's take on good and evil and not just having a pacifistic world view shoved down our throats.

I know how good works in the P&P. And it uses violence to solve problems all the time. If they provide us with functional ways to resolve things without violence and allow us violence without penalty only if those fail than that is fine.

But lets do a quick poll.

How many of you have played good aligned characters in Pathfinder?

How many of you who said yes to that never killed an intelligent being with any of those characters?

How many of you killed many of them, and frequently?

I rest my case.

They were (most of time) always attacking first. This is very annoying when you are a rogue. :)

But don't return to the alignement discussion. The description of alignement are vague to the subject of the DM. In my sense, GW respect the alignement description.

Goblin Squad Member

Andius wrote:
Imbicatus wrote:

1. You don't lose anything for killing someone if you don't have the Attacker Flag. All the alingmnet/Reputation hits are applied for killing someone while you have the Attacker flag. Don't start the fight, but end it.

2. You don't loose Law-Chaos if you kill someone while you have the Attacker Flag if you are on a bounty. You will lose on the good-evil axis and reputation, but those are minimized if your target is evil and has low reputation. You should be able to see the targets reputation and/or alignment when you take a bounty. And we havent gone into anything on how you might gain alignment or rep. It whould be possible for a paladin to maintain a LG alignment while taking bounties on evil players.

3. It's more likely that a LG person may be a pacifist crafter than an evil one. But it certianly isn't a synonym for being a care-bear.

I am clear on all 3 points except how 3 is relevant. It doesn't make the problem any better.

Evil Murderdude rides through town, kills five people and burns down an orphanage. The next day we catch Evil Murderdude out stomping on flowers and singing praises to Rovagug, attack him and kill him. Because his flag wore off that was chaotic evil even though he has an evil rating if 98/100 a chaos rating of 96/100 and a reputation of 2/100. Sure we don't take a big hit but we shouldn't take one at all.

We are out riding the roads all day. Several times we come along chaotic evil groups sitting along roadways waiting for traders. We run them all off and kill many in the process to keep the roads safe for neutral traders. At the end of the day we come home more chaotic, more evil, and with a lower reputation.

This is unacceptable to me. Good aligned doesn't mean pacifist. Paladins wield swords for a reason. You don't take alignment hits for killing goblins and bandits in the P&P for a reason. Even when you fire the first shot.

Maybe we need to know the actions that make us good and lawful before anything.

also, Bounty became more an assasinate contact now.

Andius... You need to wait that they attack first. it his all.

Goblin Squad Member

LordDaeron wrote:
I'm starting to think that to this alignment system make sense people should all start as true neutral...

But people who want their first acheviement in paladin or monk will have to work a certain amount of time before they got it.

Maybe the starting alignement should be lawful good because you won't have any flag yet.

Goblin Squad Member

I like that.

I imagine the scene. You are transporting good. You have been ambushed. The bandit say: ''Give me your or die!'' You think you can beat him. You wait that he attack. Surprise there more than one and they are powerful. You try your best, But the hp jauge is becoming too low. The bandit repeat : ''give me your gold or die!''

On the losing side. You accept.

The bandit have your money and he just have a shift to chaotic and not evil. It will have the possibility to have access to better equipement if he was evil. He is just chaotic.

Goblin Squad Member

Alexander_Damocles wrote:
Is it just me, or did the forums take a header?

Header?

Goblin Squad Member

Gloreindl wrote:

GrumpyMel, good observation there! It has got me thinking - as a Wizard, I will likely have a number of non-damaging spells available to me, like sleep or web. I wonder how the flag mechanism would handle that? It's a defensive move, as I am doing no damage - heck, it could give me time to flee if I wanted to, so would it be seen as an attack, thus giving the attacker flag, or would that only occur if I damage another PC?

Even if you don't do dommage, You should have an attacker flag. (I think.) You have use a done something against an another player.

The grey about that is this situation: You use not web to attack the player but for giving you cover. The web don't touch the other player.

If the other player or anybody else who come by touch (don't attack it ) it, does the player who had cast the spell will have the attacker flag?

The other player could have just touch it because he want the first player having the flag and not him.

The same question goes in reverse. Do you have a flag if you attack the web that bloking you?

Goblin Squad Member

@ uthreth

You are right. It could be a inventive to being attack. It all to take the risk. But the aspect of taking the gear should follow the idea for looting. (Less than they actually have and threading)

For your other idea. I think that they don't have confirmed the presence of physical Npc (maybe in the starter idea) and attack a settlement is more a mass combat.

But those who will protect camp or some house. It maybe a good idea.

Goblin Squad Member

It a point system.

"We're working on a Stamina system that somewhat mimics the rounds of the Pathfinder RPG. Every six seconds, players will receive a pool of points they'll be able to spend taking various actions, breaking down combat into a number of tactical decisions.

Players who plan out their attacks to maximize their abilities in terms of Stamina will be better off than those who rely on straight speed to spam abilities as quickly as possible. The "planning player" will end each six second interval with no excess Stamina, while the "spamming player" will end up with unused points in their pool."

https://goblinworks.com/blog/index.html#20121024

With that, I don't think that a fatigue system will be necessary.

Goblin Squad Member

I just have a idea.

Miner with adamatium pick.

The production will double!!!!!!

This CAN be a Way to invest money in your job. Tavern with a heroes's feast permanent .

All those thing that item who are more not combat focused and more ecnomic driven could be give the NPc. Of course the deterioration would continue but the gain will surpast the cost.

1 to 50 of 133 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.