About Friar Feres
Friar Feres is a large - some would say "stout" - man, standing 6’2” and weighing 210 lbs. The sun under which he constantly travels has highlighted the mass of brown curls atop his head and tanned his skin a warm bronze. His sky-blue eyes almost always twinkle with merriment. His easy smile and boyish good looks make him appear to be even younger than his true age of 23.
The best word to describe Feres is 'jovial.' And, as stout as he is, one could almost use the term 'jolly.' There is very little that can make Feres lose his ever-present grin or his good humor. Even in the face of adversity, he is ready with a humorous story or ribald song to lift everyone's spirits. Of the few things that can cause Feres to lose his good humor, the top of the list is hearing about or witnessing innocents being harmed by those of evil intent; in those instances, his fierce passions come to the fore, and very little can be done to stop him from coming to the aid of the downtrodden.
Feres grew up in the city of Warwik, a foundling babe raised by the priests of the Temple of Sarenrae. Feres was always a good-natured lad, with a keen desire to aid the less fortunate. It was no surprise when he took up the vestments of a priest to spread the faith of the Healing Flame.
Father Beamus, the head of Feres' order, sent the young priest to Wolfstone to bring the light of the Dawnflower to the godsforsaken mining town. Feres has spend the past several months making various efforts to lift the spirits and enrich the lives of the oppressed people of the town; so far, he hasn't accomplished much more than drawing the ire of the mine managers. However, none of these setbacks have dampened his spirit, and the young priest always sports a merry grin and is ready with a humorous story or ribald song. His irrepressible good nature and willingness to help the downtrodden have impressed Valkus Dun, the local high priest of Iomedae, who has offered Feres shelter and some light duties at the temple, thereby shielding the young priest from the displeasure of the mine managers.
As part of his efforts in Wolfstone, Feres has begun ministering to the workers of Zalamandra's Emporium. The young priest does not proselytize, rather seeking to spread the Everlight's message more by deed than word. Feres truly cares for the well-being of the Emporium's workers, and has struck up a friendship with the two half-orcs, Bubba and Urg, who work for the establishment.
XP: 122,096/145,000 (following defeat of giant black pudding in Whispering Cairn)
AC: 22, touch 10, flat-footed 22; [+8 armor, +4 shield, +0 Dex]
Skill Ranks Per Level (Cleric): 2 + 0 (Int) + 1 (human) + 1 (favored class-lvl 5 and 7)
• Acrobatics -1 (0 rank + 0 Dex - 1 ACP)
-- Jump +0 due to Agile Breastplate
• Bluff +2 (0 ranks + 2 Cha)
• Climb +3 (1 rank + 2 Str)
• Diplomacy +12 (7 ranks + 3 class + 2 Cha)
• Heal +10 (2 ranks + 3 class + 5 Wis)
• Knowledge (arcana) +4 (1 rank + 3 class + 0 Int)
• Knowledge (planes) +4 (1 rank + 3 class + 0 Int)
• Knowledge (religion) +12 (9 ranks + 3 class + 0 Int)
• Linquistics +10 (7 ranks + 3 class + 0 Int)
• Perception +8 (3 ranks + 5 Wis)
• Sense Motive +11 (3 ranks + 3 class + 5 Wis)
• Stealth +1 (1 rank + 0 Dex)
• Survival +5 (0 rank + 5 Wis)
Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Aquan, Auran, Ignan, Terran, Abyssal
Improved Channel: Add 2 to the DC of saving throws made to resist the effects of your channel energy ability. (human bonus feat)
Extra Channel: Channel energy two additional times per day. (1st level feat)
Selective Channeling: When you channel energy, choose a number of targets in the area up to your Charisma modifier; these targets are not affected by your channeled energy. (3rd level feat)
Lightning Reflexes: +2 bonus on Reflex saves. (5th level feat)
Iron Will: +2 bonus on Will saves. (7th level feat)
Great Fortitude: +2 bonus on Fortitude saves. (9th level feat)
TBD: (11th level feat)
• Aura (Ex): Feres has a Good aura.
• Spontaneous Casting: Feres can channel stored spell energy into healing spells not prepared ahead of time.
• Orisons: Feres can prepare a number of orisons, or 0-level spells, each day. These spells are cast like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used again.
• Channel Energy (Su) – 7 times per day; 6d6 (healing); 6d6+11 vs. undead; Will DC 21 (undead do not add channel resistance to saves):
Feres can release a wave of energy by channeling the power of his faith through his holy symbol. Feres channels positive energy and can choose to deal damage to undead creatures or to heal living creatures.
Channeling energy causes a burst that affects all creatures of one type (either undead or living) in a 30-foot radius centered on the cleric. The amount of damage dealt or healed is equal to 1d6 points of damage plus 1d6 points of damage for every two cleric levels beyond 1st (2d6 at 3rd, 3d6 at 5th, and so on). Creatures that take damage from channeled energy receive a Will save to halve the damage. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the cleric's level + the cleric's Charisma modifier (for Feres, the DC is 21 with Improved Channel feat and Glory domain). Creatures healed by channeled energy cannot exceed their maximum hit point total - all excess healing is lost. A cleric may channel energy a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier (+2 with Extra Channel feat). This is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. A cleric can choose whether or not to include himself in this effect. A cleric must be able to present his holy symbol to use this ability.
Number of Channels Used Today: 0/7
• Glory Domain:
Touch of Glory (Sp): You can cause your hand to shimmer with divine radiance, allowing you to touch a creature as a standard action and give it a bonus equal to your cleric level on a single Charisma-based skill check or Charisma ability check. This ability lasts for 1 hour or until the creature touched elects to apply the bonus to a roll. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier (8 times per day).
Divine Presence (Su): At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot aura of divine presence for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. All allies within this aura are treated as if under the effects of a sanctuary spell with a DC equal to 10 + 1/2 your cleric level + your Wisdom modifier. These rounds do not need to be consecutive. Activating this ability is a standard action. If an ally leaves the area or makes an attack, the effect ends for that ally. If you make an attack, the effect ends for you and your allies.
Glory Domain Spells: 1st-Shield of Faith; 2nd-Bless Weapon; 3rd-Searing Light; 4th-Holy Smite; 5th-Righteous Might; 6th-Undeath to Death
• Sun Domain:
Sun's Blessing (Su): Whenever you channel positive energy to harm undead creatures, add your cleric level to the damage dealt. Undead do not add their channel resistance to their saves when you channel positive energy.
Nimbus of Light (Su): At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot nimbus of light for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. This acts as a daylight spell. In addition, undead within this radius take an amount of damage equal to your cleric level each round that they remain inside the nimbus. Spells and spell-like abilities with the darkness descriptor are automatically dispelled if brought inside this nimbus. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.
Sun Domain Spells: 1st-Endure Elements; 2nd-Heat Metal; 3rd-Searing Light; 4th-Fire Shield; 5th-Flame Strike; 6th-Fire Seeds
Concentration Check Modifier: +16 (+11 cleric level +5 Wis)
Spells Typically Prepared:
• +2 to one ability score: Human characters get a +2 bonus on one ability score of their choice at creation, to represent their varied nature. Feres’ bonus is to Wisdom.
• Medium: Humans are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
• Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level. Feres’ bonus feat is Improved Channel.
• Skilled: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.
• Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common.
• Favored Class: Humans can choose any one class as their favored class at 1st level. Once made, this choice cannot be changed. Feres’ favored class is cleric. Whenever he takes a level in his favored class, he receives either +1 hit point or +1 skill point. (Feres has taken the bonus hit point at levels 1-4, and the bonus skill point at level 5).
Headband of Inspired Wisdom +2 (factored into stats - original Wisdom 18) (from Zosiel's sarcophagus in the Whispering Cairn)
Brooch of Shielding (88 hp remaining)
Smoked Goggles (10 gp)
Traveler’s Outfit (1 gp)
Holy Symbol, wooden (1 gp)
Cloak of Resistance +1
+2 Mithral Agile Breastplate (8,400 gp) (12.5 lb)
+2 Darkwood Shield (257 gp + 1,000 gp for +1 enhancement + 3,000 for +2 enhancement) (5 lb)
+1 Keen Scimitar (8,315 gp) (4 lb)
Masterwork Morningstar (6 lb) (from Ebon Triad cult Zon-Kuthonite faction)
Masterwork Silver Sickle (326 gp) (2 lb}
Masterwork Light Crossbow (4 lb)
Bolts, 10 (1 lb) (-5 used)
Handy Haversack (2,000 gp) (5 lb)
- Healer's Kit (1 lb) 
- Bedroll (1 sp) (5 lb)
- Trail Rations (2 days) (1 gp) (2 lb) 
- Waterskin, empty (1 gp) (0 lb)
- Bolts, 10 (1 lb) (-0 used)
- Incense of Meditation, 2 blocks (from tiefling priest of Kyuss)
- Pearl of Power (1st Level)
- Pearl of Power (1st Level)
- Potion: Cure Light Wounds
- Potion: Cure Light Wounds
- Scroll: Remove Disease (CL 5th)
- Scroll: Death Ward (from tiefling priest of Kyuss)
- Scroll: Heal (from tiefling priest of Kyuss)
- Scroll: Restoration (from tiefling priest of Kyuss)
- Scroll: Ethereal Jaunt (from trapped chest)
- Scroll: Ethereal Jaunt (from trapped chest)
- Scroll: Sending (to be used to contact high priestess Lyria Ivessa in Modron following investigation at Blackwall Keep)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds, 34 charges (from Vug) [-32 charges used]
Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds, 26 charges (from false Allustan) [-1 charges used]
Wand of Remove Fear, 50 charges [-14 charges used]
Wand of Restoration, 36 charges (from trapped chest)
Rod of Lesser Metamagic: Extend (from Ebon Triad cult Norgorber faction) (Daily Charges used: 0/3)
Total Weight carried: 44 lb (Light)
Potential Future Purchases: Wand of Detect Undead (750 gp); Wand of Hide from Undead (750 gp); Ring of Protection +1 (2,000 gp); 2nd level Pearl of Power (4,000 gp)
Hero Points Accrued: 7-5 (used for extra standard action in battle with grimlock priest) = 2+2 = 4+1 = 5+1 = 6+1 = 7+1 = 8 following defeat of false Allustan and Ashka and black-skinned elves. +1 for game's 2-year anniversary and +1 for defeating mind-flayer = 10. +1 for winning first round of Champions' Games = 11. +3 for winning final round of Champions' Games and defeating ulgurstasta = 14 total hero points. -5 used for extra standard action in battle with black dragon outside Whispering Cairn = 9 total hero points. +1 for defeating black dragon outside Whispering Cairn = 10 total hero points. +1 for rescuing Allustan = 11 total hero points.
Uses for Hero Points: