|Forencith Goblin Squad Member|
"Why is there the notion that role x?
1. Has no up front costs.
* Relevant skills must be trained and slotted.
* Relevant equipment may have to be trained, but will have to be purchased (materials) and set up (time)
* Faction will have to be joined and leveled to gain access to higher level role skills
* Relevant PoIs may have to be built and used for other necessary abilities.
* Time will have to be spent waiting/looking/searching/mining/transporting for a valuable resource (see below)
2. Is a random act
* role x must choose to utilize its resources wisely...or it results in net loss.
It is anything but random, it is calculated to the same extent that any PvP is calculated. Of course some will not consider these things, but repeated failure has a way of weeding out the stupid, the lazy and the incompetent.
3. Has too few consequences
* A PoI can be detected, looted and destroyed. (Need more details)
* As members of a Faction, roles will be PvP enabled at all times to their enemy faction (at level 4+)
* The use of a special mechanics and skills might flag the role PvP enabled for everyone
* An attack without special mechanic y, and against an Unsanctioned target (not faction, feud, war, or criminal) will result in alignment shifts and reputation loss.
* Anyone in the game could have overestimated their strength or underestimated their target's strength, or an unseen 3rd party could enter the fight, and the they lose!
* Bounty Hunters can be hired to track down anyone.
* Assassins can be hired to kill anyone.
* A feud can be waged against any companies.
The consequence of loss is always present. Everyone initiating PvP is at a disadvantage (perhaps an equal one) in that they will only be certain what force they have on hand. They will never really know what force they will face, because of the unknown that is 3rd party interference.
This is offset by the disadvantage that the a defender has in not being able to pick the time and the place for when he is attacked. So everyone will have to be on alert and prepared at all times.
[cut the content free part out]"
Yeah...I don't get it. What does any of this have to do with bandits specially when it is also true of everyone generally? Do you think there is a role that won't be participating in PvP, that won't have these same concerns? Do you really feel you are being handicapped or discriminated against because you will have to deal with the same difficulties everyone else will?