Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Valeros

Feral's page

Goblin Squad Member. FullStarFullStarFullStarFullStar Pathfinder Society GM. 1,723 posts (47,317 including aliases). 5 reviews. 1 list. No wishlists. 19 Pathfinder Society characters. 27 aliases.


RSS

1 to 50 of 1,723 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Typically npcs don't get traits.

Also, what level are these commoners? 59 gold is a ton.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Almost all of the Paizo APs have some sort of the tertiary subsystem. I haven’t been super fond of most of them but you can usually gut them and the campaign will be no worse for it.

Liberty's Edge

If you're a disciple of CharOp-fu Invulnerable Rager is the default barbarian.

Liberty's Edge

FAQ'd.

I would love to see all of these abilities givens some kind of clear consistently language.

Liberty's Edge

MeanDM wrote:
"Baby it's Cold Outside" aka the Christmas rape song.

Liberty's Edge

I don't know what you guys changed but I can access the site from my PC again. Thanks!

Liberty's Edge

It'll be a while still. =(

I've been slacking pretty hard lately and haven't been running as much PFS as I used to.

Liberty's Edge

Present!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I love how these threads always end up with the claims that Overpowered X isn't overpowered because PFS/modules/Adventure Paths are just undertuned. 'Overpoweredness' is relative and, in the case of Paizo content, this character is overpowered.

Mechanics chicanery aside, I suggest you work this guy to find some kind of happy medium. Buffing encounters to challenge an individual character always ends in tragedy.

Liberty's Edge

knightnday wrote:
The crowd here is pretty professional -- when they aren't screaming at each other. But in general the people I see on the board, whether I disagree with their assessment or not, really do know what they are talking about when it comes to Pathfinder.

'Knowing your stuff' is not the only qualifier for being a professional.

Quote:
Not to mention hiring people takes money and eats into profits. Why do that when people are eager and willing to look over the material and help?

Editors cost money and eat into profits too but Paizo still pays them because they improve the final product.

Liberty's Edge

Jason Bulmahn wrote:

Well, I think folks will be able to easily find an argument to support whatever they are seeing in their sessions due to the sheer volume of posts. That said, we still value actual playtest feedback quite highly. There have been numerous times in the past where the conventional wisdom posters ended up coming out a bit off the mark once playtest feedback came in.

This is part of our due diligence in creating rules material.

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer

I know you guys tend to value your crowd-sourced playtesting but have you considered hiring professionals? That seems like an easy way to weed out the armchair analysis that seems to be so popular.

Liberty's Edge ****

This is something that DMs have to use their best judgement with. The 13 sorcerers thing is a good example of a time when it'd be best to break initiative up a bit. Most of the time it's fine.

If your players are really upset you could always just roll a pile of dice and just have them all delay to the lowest result.

Liberty's Edge

These threads always crack me up. Yes, he could optimize harder. That's not the point.

OP: Yes, your character is overpowered - especially in an environment like PFS.

Liberty's Edge

Those are both on already. I tried disabling TLS 1.0.

Liberty's Edge

Windows 7
11.0.19

I bank with Wells Fargo and their site still works as normal.

Liberty's Edge

No proxy.

I'm running extensions on my chrome but none of my IE.

Liberty's Edge

Did this update go live sometime this afternoon/evening? I suddenly can't post or access my account on my desktop at all. Both my IE and chrome are up to date and I tried clearing my cache.

Liberty's Edge

Swashbuckler. Amazing damage. Super tough to hurt in melee. Great skill list.

Liberty's Edge

Ah, that's right. I forgot that storytelling has to backseat to avoid tropes involving women.

Liberty's Edge

I second the motion to remove Riley if someone's going to die. I'd argue she doesn't even pull off the 'team heart' role well. The bus driver's life is objectively a hell of a lot worse and he always puts his best foot forward. I think that's his real contribution to the team.

Liberty's Edge

Looks like dexterity at work.

Your options are either to tailor all encounters to directly counter them or talk to them about nerfing themselves to level the playing field again.

Liberty's Edge

Fun Fact: Druids have been able to that since 3.0.

Animal Companions wrote:

Share Spells (Ex)

The druid may cast a spell with a target of “You” on her animal companion (as a touch range spell) instead of on herself. A druid may cast spells on her animal companion even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the companion's type (animal). Spells cast in this way must come from a class that grants an animal companion. This ability does not allow the animal to share abilities that are not spells, even if they function like spells.

This is one of those class features that doesn't really do anything.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

OP, this is a super common problem so don't feel like you're alone. While I agree with you that the 'problem' is on the DM's end and not yours the fact remains that your DM's stance is the more common one. For whatever reason people expect the person playing to bard to be charismatic and smooth but the person playing the fighter isn't expected to be a weightlifter or MMA trained.

If you're stuck with these guys I suggest picking up another character or role and just avoiding 'face' mechanics. Folks stuck in this way of thinking aren't changing anytime soon.

Liberty's Edge

Marduk is lebeled.

Liberty's Edge

I tend to agree but that's up the DM to rule on.

I've done my part. Best of luck guys!

Liberty's Edge

I'm guessing he has 3 ranks in acrobatics. That bumps the bonus to +5.

Liberty's Edge

I'm not applying for this game - just answering CC's question.

He's stacking DR via cautious fighter and stalwart. Stalwart gives him additional DR equal the AC he would get from fighting defensively (that being +5 in his case).

Liberty's Edge

Gotcha. I'll bow out then. Best of luck.

Liberty's Edge

Oh. Is it not on these forums?

Liberty's Edge

A hospitalar paladin sounds like it'd fit the bill pretty well - melee and passable healer.

What are the posting expectations like?

Liberty's Edge

Whether the tactics were abusive or not is immaterial. Forcing PCs outside their comfort zone on occasion is fine but this sounds like a pattern and it's a pattern your players are not having fun with. Fun is ultimately all that matters. A DM with players that aren't having fun soon doesn't have a game at all.

Liberty's Edge

Feedback

* Venue was fantastic: the staff was great, the hotel was nice, the price was on the high side but still reasonable, and the food options were awesome (I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to the Thai Mango's sticky rice with mango).

* The PFS/ACG gaming space needs to be better spaced out. The noise overload was unnecessary in a lot of time slots due to all the games being crowded into one half of the room while the other half was unused.

* I was initially happy about the dead space in the afternoon slot (for PFS at least) but it kind of grew on me. Still, I'd like to see something to help folks muster games on the site's end. Maybe a generic 'Open PFS' event that folks can sign up during the afternoon slots. Also, the five hour slots and the dead slot in the afternoon seems like overkill (and creates the need for early starts/late ends). I'd prefer to do away with one them.

* The Paizo staffers were great and helpful. At one point there was some confusion with the prize tokens and the staff fixed it for me no questions asked. Thanks guys!

Liberty's Edge

It's legit. I assume it follows the events of Hell's Rebels.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I was genuinely surprised by that final battle. Well done CW. I almost forgive you for all the horrible interpersonal drama you force on us.

Liberty's Edge

PapaZorro wrote:
Well to start off with no one (except for me sometimes) is even remotely optimized. Our last combat was against 2 other groups, 5 NPCs each, we were all level 2, and the 10 of them were level 3 (it was a 3 team challenge). So when 5 people are fighting 10 higher level opponents and no one is particularly optimized... yeah, combat lasts that long.

That sounds awesome.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I actually think what happened to Cal was way darker than if they'd just executed him.

Liberty's Edge

As much as I enjoy a good superhero team up I wish Flash was allowed to shine in his own show.

On the plus side Wells' speed force is just as defective as Barry's in combat.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

As much as I don't like DMPCs I'd rather deal with that than the classic 'I'm writing a novel' DM that makes the PCs a passive audience and effectively makes every character his DMPC. I've had to deal with a couple of those across the past few years. It was not a great experience.

Liberty's Edge

Definitely interested. Dotting for now.

Edit:

Disregard, I'm out. Best of luck guys.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

/shrug

Can we have strength to AC yet?

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I really hope they don't Worf Hulk.

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.

I feel like you guys are missing the point. The character is drastically more powerful than the other character's in the party. It doesn't matter if he/she is more powerful than what's possible for the given level.

My suggestion is to talk to the player in question. Most reasonable players will be happy to work something out.

Edit:

What he said!

Liberty's Edge

I believe that's zerg pigment. There's a flashback cutscene midway through Wings of Liberty that shows the previously pale Kerrigan.

Liberty's Edge

For the record: You can get there from the battle.net home page by clicking the Account link on the top right.

I believe you change your profile picture from within SC2.

Liberty's Edge

When you go to your battle.net account page what do you see under the Starcraft II section?

Liberty's Edge

I've never had any trouble installing a game or patching SC2 but I'll see if I can walk you through it.

Have you added the keys to your account already?

Liberty's Edge

Super random.

I suspect there was something more going on that said player just didn't want to discuss with you (for whatever reason). I had a similar situation with a player once. We'd been playing for a few months but one day he seemingly randomly made a big scene and dropped out of the game. I was DMing but it was made doubly awkward because he'd been hosting the game.

To this day I still don't know what his deal was. I suppose the stigma of gamers as socially awkward exists for a reason.

Liberty's Edge

I have no idea what the advertisements are offering. It's possible it was pitching multiplayer functionality. There's no 'level' function within Starcraft II.

Installing the sequel now might change the menu screen but that's about it. It won't affect the single player experience either way.

Liberty's Edge

I assume you have Wings of Liberty?

I can't say for certain without seeing what you're seeing but that upgrade that's being advertised is likely just the Heart of the Swarm.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Spoiler:
Why is anyone surprised by this? We all know that lasers are useless in comic-based fiction.

1 to 50 of 1,723 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

©2002–2015 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.