About Elvar Potter
Wt; 140 lbs
Hair; dirty brown
Elvar's defining characteristic/Description:
* His dour outlook on life and his undying arrogance. Elvar is a serious person, bookish, critical and with a cynical outlook to life. Born and raised in Diamond Lake he's seen the worst humanity has to offer and he's not impressed, men will take advantage of the unwary and weak so Elvar has gone out of his way not to socialize with said people and keeps his guard up when he must deal with them (shopkeepers especially).
*Elvar keeps his hair cur short and can't really boast of a solid growth of beard, the down that forms on his chin he quickly cuts off with a very sharp knife before anyone has the opportunity to rile him about it (especially his sister). He keeps his eyes downcast though, like it's a nervous twitch, he constantly keeps glancing around around. His features are smooth and homely and if he'd bother to smile more he'd probably be a much more likable person but, as is, he constantly wears a sour expression on his face and his first reaction to meeting people is to wonder what they want him to do for them and not liking the prospect of having to do anything for said persons.
Family and friends:
* Born and raised in Diamond Lake.
* Mother (Aluna Potter, age 42) still resides there, working as a cook for one of the mines.
* Father (Percival Potter, age 44 if still alive) a drunk and a gambler, not seen in Diamond Lake for 9 years.
* Brother (Regivald, age 25) a local drunk who's wine still works for him and a gambler who still believes he's about to hit gold. A miner by profession though he's fast running out of people who will hire him.
* Sister (Milda, age 23) works for a local gambling hall as a collector with a vengeance.
* Uncle (Arold Barley, age 48) a St. Cuthbert fan, owns and runs a local bakery with his family. Only family member who has a lick of sense, sponsored Elvar's tutoring.
* Aunt (Pearl Barley, age 44) wife of Arold, bossy but kind.
* Tutor (Allustan, human male age ?) local wizard.
* Former co-worker (Byrkir Stonehammer, male dwarf) Dourestone mine boss.
* Cousin (Dalva Barley, age 17) acolyte, church of St. Cuthbert.
* Cousin (Mikhael Barley, age 20) works in his fathers bakery, dreams of getting out of it but is getting to old for an apprenticeship.
* Cousin (Donald Barley, age 24) Stonemason, married to Levia Barley, children Opal (4) and Arold (2).
* Friend (Garish "Bones" Boulderdash, male dwarf) met two years ago when Allustan sent Elvar out to Bones's farm to help with building it. Took a liking to each other and have been friends since. One of the few people Elvar will actually sit down and drink with. They sjare a dream of building a church to Bones's fait, Bones for the faith and Elvar for the chance of designing and building something grand.
*Friend (Talia Virn, human female) Saved Elvar from taking a beating from bullies. Local Fletcher apprentice and a former school mate of Elvar's. Elvar harbors a secret crush for the strong woman.
Reasons for bailing on Diamond Lake:
* Because there's nothing here for him. The jobs he's done for the local mine owners he's yet to be paid in full for, the clergy are better though stingier and that's about sums up the local clientele for an architect. Moving to a bigger city is about all he can think off but Elvar knows he's going to have a hard time getting in with any circles there so that leaves only one option; Adventuring. He'll need to come up with enough cash so he can set off his own projects, make name for himself and increase his reputation enough so that he won't have to make it into any circles, the circles should come to him.
+1 chainmail -Harold
Potion CLW (1) -?
Ring of Featherfalling -Talia
Pearl of Power lvl 1 -Istvan
+1 short sword -Talia
wand of cure light wounds (50) -?
Wand of Unseen Servant (16 charges) -Istvan
Wand of Shatter (7 charges) -Istvan