Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Goblin

Doodlebug Anklebiter's page

Pathfinder Society Member. 6,993 posts (20,260 including aliases). 1 review. No lists. No wishlists. 2 Pathfinder Society characters. 28 aliases.


1 to 50 of 3,126 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.

My master beckons! Assemble the acolytes for I have heard it whispered on the wind that when Trump is elected president, LEAFAR SHALL RETURN!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pillbug Toenibbler wrote:
For those intent on subjecting themselves to Monday's PotUS debate, do you have any recommendations for alcoholic libations? (Sorry DB, no puff-puff/bubble-bubble for me)

I've taken a fondness for Downeast Cider. Don't know if you'll find that in Florida, but the seasonal pumpkin spice is alright--and even got the thumbs up from Comrade Who Was Published In Jacobin and he usually goes on violent anti-pumpkin spice rants this time of year--but I like the Cranberry Blend.

Also, we ended up getting a dozen to The Communist Manifesto lecture, but most of them came because of Facebook and only one because of the $43 worth of leaflets that I made.

F%@!ing leaflets.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orfamay Quest wrote:
Pan wrote:
Orfamay Quest wrote:
Perhaps. What would you suggest as an alternate tactic, then?
I think folks should look to social media. You can organize boycotts and make videos to go viral. The entire medium has a lot of potential.

Er, no, it doesn't. We've tried that experiment and it doesn't work.

Quote:
I hate to appeal to celebs, but its one of the most effective ways in my experience to get points across. You cant turn on a sports channel or read a sports story without hearing about Kapernick and his protest.

That's right. You can't avoid hearing about the protest, but it's demonstrably very easy to avoid doing anything about it.

Look at how many police brutality videos have already gone viral, and the local DA doesn't even bother to file charges against the officers responsible. When charges are filed (Freddie Gray), the officers are almost always acquitted.

I would be hard pressed to come up with anything less effective than social media activism.

It is, however, cheaper than leaflets.

Speakout: Justice 4 Terence, Tyre, & Keith - Jail Killer Cops!

BLM Vigil for Terence Crutcher, Tyre King and Keith Lamont Scott


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sorry, one more:

CBDunkerson wrote:

This criticism has a huge dose of historical revisionism and letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

I remember selling socialist papers with articles against all that shiznit, so I'm afraid the argument of "historical revisionism" doesn't hold much water with me.

Not my fault the rest of you took two decades to catch up.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Welcome, one and all, to the Comrade Anklebiter's Fun-Timey Revolutionary Socialism Thread, now, on fire!!!

As regards the other thread, I have no idea who Gandhi would vote for, but I'm certain Robespierre wouldn't vote for Hillary.

Anyway, debate went pretty well. Mr. Comrade killed it and Young Gay Comrade opined that "it was the best meeting he'd ever been to."

Later we collected all the comrades and kids went to Comrade Who Was Published in Jacobin's house and watched The Lion King.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, it was written by The New Republic which I believe is one of the house organs of fake liberal Democrats. I wouldn't be surprised if they championed all those laws in the '80s and '90s.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Irontruth wrote:

Any chance we can do this without personal attacks?

I don't know.

It depends on whether you can stop taking a question like "I wonder if it makes any difference to black people who live in hellhole cities that the Democrats have controlled for decades* whether Democrats' racism is more subtle than Republicans" and turning it into "Are you saying Stephanie Rawlings-Blake orders police to murder black people?!?"

---
*Or the gulag archipelago that Hillary helped build.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Two more articles that came across my feed and caught my fancy,

New Poll Finds That Hillary Supporters Are Pretty Racist Too

WikiLeaks’ Guccifer 2.0: Obama Sold Off Public Offices to Donors--Corruption doesn't start or end with Hillary


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Repost from one of the convention threads, for fun:

Despite What Bernie Sanders Says, The Democratic Party Platform Doesn't Matter

And, again, my two favorite quotes because they come from politicians I've been in the same room with (you get to hear all the Massachusetts Democrats when you're in Teamsters Local 25):

"Faced with Sanders’ disproportionate attention to a nonbinding document, commentators have said it is important because Democrats have made it matter by focusing on it. But many aren’t.

"'I’ve never read the platform,' Massachusetts Democratic Rep. Mike Capuano said. 'It’s a tempest in a teapot. I am not beholden to the Democratic platform. I don’t know anybody who is.'

"'But it’s important to some people,' Capuano added.

"Former Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank, who helped write the Democrats’ 2012 platform, told Slate: 'I don’t remember what was in it.'"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Irontruth wrote:
thejeff wrote:
Irontruth wrote:
BigDTBone wrote:
Irontruth wrote:

Don't forget the article's inherent sexism.

Cause we see a whole lot of articles blaming men for what their wife did at her previous job....

The article does spend time on Hillary herself, but it also talks about what Bill did an awful lot. Does it talk about Sander's wife at all? Heck, did any article ever? Hyperbole, I'm sure that there was at least one article that talked about her, possibly even a handful. The point is that male candidates are never asked to account for their wife's behavior.

I didn't know that Jane Sanders used to be a Vermont senator whose husband served as a salesman / surrogate for her misguided policies. Huh. Learn something new everyday.

Just to be clear, the best you got is a sarcastic comment framed as a fictional account. That's your proof there's no sexism.

Pardon me if I'm not swayed by this supreme display of eloquence and facts.

It is however fair to say we've never seen parallel situation, where a man is running for a high office which his wife used to hold and during which he served as a spokesperson for her policies. Certainly not on the presidential level and as far as I know not as a Senator or Governor either.

I think it very likely they would still be treated very differently, but the situation is very different than focusing on Jane Sanders work outside of politics (or any of Trump's wives, for that matter.)

I agree it's an unusual situation.

My complaint isn't that Jane Sanders specifically isn't a target. That's an example. Rather that male candidates aren't judged by their wives. Sure, 1-2% of articles might be about their wives, but I'd wager the % is even lower than that.

Bill is actually mentioned in that article more times than Hillary. I think a strong case could be made against Hillary by looking at HER record (which is included in the article) and mentioning Bill only as a matter of context. Instead, entire...

Sorry, guys, been away.

Accusations of whitesplaining and sexism to defend Hillary's record on welfare reform and the crime bill in the '90s. Truly Adolph Reed (don't worry, a black man despite the name Adolph) was correct when he called identity politics "the left wing of neoliberalism."

The "super predator" comment coming from her speech, as First Lady, supporting the crime bill needs no documentation, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong. She lobbied liberal lawmakers to pass it, says every article I've ever looked up.

She bragged in her 2003 autobiography that when she and Bill left the White House, welfare rolls had been slashed by 60%. She continued to champion the welfare reform bill until 2008. I can go get links substantiating those, if you like. If not, I'll just skip to another article from The Nation.

Why It Matters That Hillary Clinton Championed Welfare Reform

I don't know, maybe you'll think that one's sexist, too.

She, to this day I believe, but you guys would know better than me, considers Bill's term in office, along with Obama's, to be part of the legacy that she is running on.

For example, Hillary Clinton Confidently Embraces Bill Clinton’s Economic Record.

But that's about economics, Comrade Anklebiter, what does that have to do with race? Well, hypothetical interlocutor, almost everything in the United States has to do with race, but, if you read the Michelle Alexander piece above, you will discover that one of the main reasons that the economy seemed so good under Bill, why unemployment seemed so down, was because they were finding all the black people they could and throwing them into jail and prisoners don't count as part of the unemployed.

I see there's pages and pages since I last popped in, but it's my Friday afternoon, I'm gonna get drunk and read Das Kapital.

Anklebiter out.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

Follow up from Comrade Slaad's post:

Students Support LIU Professors in Contract Dispute: “End the Lockout, Negotiate & Let Us Learn”

EDIT: Oh, and a commie article (well, a thumbnail anyway):

“Picket Lines Mean Don’t Cross!”
Knock Out the Lockout at LIU Brooklyn!

I've been playing phone tag with La Principessa for about a week now, so I don't know any of the details, all I know is she texted me this morning that she couldn't talk this afternoon because she was going to the solidarity demo and when I get back from yelling at the school board committee member in Manchester who didn't want free books about Nelson Mandela and Frederick Douglass because it was pushing a political agenda of "multiculturalism," I find that the lockout is over.

That's my girl!

LOCKOUT OVER


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
Zeugma wrote:
This thread is helping me grok what George Orwell is going on about in "Homage to Catalonia" (the book I'm reading now).
There's a fairly good Ken Loach film that owes a lot to Homage to Catalonia called Land and Freedom in case you want a companion piece.
It was good, even if he did have an axe to grind.
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:
As that meme indicates, we Marxists aren't much better.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Irontruth wrote:
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

Yes. The article is from February and isn't trying to say that black people should vote for Trump.

However, before Comrade Jeff whipped out his "whitesplaining," I don't believe Citizen Moonrunner was arguing that people shouldn't vote for Hillary, just an honest assessment of the Democrats and the Clintons.

I think this article provides that.

Don't forget the article's inherent sexism.

Cause we see a whole lot of articles blaming men for what their wife did at her previous job....

The article does spend time on Hillary herself, but it also talks about what Bill did an awful lot. Does it talk about Sander's wife at all? Heck, did any article ever? Hyperbole, I'm sure that there was at least one article that talked about her, possibly even a handful. The point is that male candidates are never asked to account for their wife's behavior.

I saw occasional mention of Jane's job at the university and said university's closing.

I like how you describe his disastrous attacks on welfare and his role in creating the mass incarceration state as his "behavior" as if it was no different than his sexual infidelities.*

I think your accusations of sexism are nonsense. Hillary reinvented the role of the First Lady and used it to support the crime bill and welfare reform, the latter a pretty odd position for someone who's calling card is her lifelong service to women and children.

---
*Eh, I should probably rewrite this paragraph, but I'm tired. Anyway, whether you think it's sexist to hold Hillary accountable for Bill's policies in the White House or not, nonetheless, the role of racism in Democratic Party politics wasn't happily washed aside because of the Dixiecrat desertion after the Civil Rights Act.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yes. The article is from February and isn't trying to say that black people should vote for Trump.

However, before Comrade Jeff whipped out his "whitesplaining," I don't believe Citizen Moonrunner was arguing that people shouldn't vote for Hillary, just an honest assessment of the Democrats and the Clintons.

I think this article provides that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
thejeff wrote:
Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
thejeff wrote:
You know when you have to reach back to before the realignment after the Civil Rights Movement to attack Democrats you've lost, right?
As the Comrade has so aptly pointed out, I only have to reach back to Hillary herself and her husband.

Yeah, well, you've convinced me.

I'm going to go out and whitesplain to all the black folks supporting Clinton that she's the real racist and they shouldn't vote for her.

Or maybe I could trust them to have a better idea where their interests actually lie. Nah.

Why Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote by Michelle Alexander, a black woman who wrote The New Jim Crow so no white- or mansplaining needed


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kajehase wrote:
Anarchists not being able to agree on something? No, that can't be‽

As that meme indicates, we Marxists aren't much better.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
thejeff wrote:
Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Orfamay Quest wrote:

Yeah, they've also been spending decades using the argument that the Earth is millions of years old to block attempts by Republicans to cripple science education in the United States. And they've been spending decades using the argument that blacks are actually human to support the elimination of legalized discrimination. They've also been spending decades using the argument that poverty sucks to drum up support for government programs such as Social Security.

When your argument is actually correct, you might as well use it.

Keep in mind that George "Segregation Now! Segregation Forever!" Wallace was a Democrat. And that until recently, when the Tea Party became the mainstream, mainstream Republicans weren't trying to impose the Gospel on science education... because it's bad business.

You know when you have to reach back to before the realignment after the Civil Rights Movement to attack Democrats you've lost, right?

He was a Dixiecrat. The "Solid South" segregationist Democrat voter base he was appealing to switched to the Republican party.

Yeah, and IIRC, the Clintons tried to woo them back with their own Southern Strategy of executing mentally disabled black men, dismantling welfare and calling black youth "super predators."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Ah. Well I just thought it would lighten the mood if I mentioned something both relevant and funny.

Would using Marvel Comics be better choice Comrade? Because I can totally do that.

After thinking about it, and admitting to not a very extensive knowledge of Marvel Comics, I'm going with Howard the Duck.

Honestly? I don't think Howard is correct because at least some times, Howard helps.

Not always sure about Gary Johnson.

If we ARE going with someone, I'd say Willie Lumpkin. He does his job but some times the mail just doesn't get past the front door.

That's a good one. I even get it.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

And, of course, Scott gets to decide who's participating meaningfully.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

And I don't know what the f&+* you people are all worked up about.

Here we are in the dog days, before Hillary's even ramped up the campaigning, Trump's doing better than he has been for most of the election but, as of today, Hillary's still projected to kill Trump in the electoral college.

How to Tell Who’s Winning the Presidential Race

Bunch of Chicken Littles.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Anyway, abbreviated version of the story:

I was working with Surly Italian Teamster who is a vocal Trump supporter. He was trying to pin something, I forget, that Hillary had done on me ("Tim, I'm not a Democrat, I'm a communist" "What's the difference?" is a common refrain in our conversations) and I murmured, once again, that I wasn't voting for Hillary.

I'm guessing he's never heard of Jill Stein (nor Gloria La Riva, Monica Moorehead, Mimi Solstynik (sp? I forget), Jeff Mackler or any of the other commies running although, alas, not in NH), so he started telling me about the Gary Johnson clip above. "Oh yeah, I saw that, that was cool." "Cool? Are you out of your mind?" "Yeah, let them all in!" "Let them all in?!? Are you f#*!ing crazy?"

So we went at it. Him: What part of "illegal" don't you understand; insult to legal immigrants; immigrants cause wages to drop, etc., etc; Me: It's a racist law, workers of the world, unite!, organize the unorganized, etc., etc.

I got around to good ol' "We destroy their countries and they come here and pick tomatoes for your Big Macs and I don't give a f$#~ if they 'broke the law'" when he interrupted with "We destroyed Mexico?" I should have gone into NAFTA, which he might have liked, but I was still a bit buzzed from the parking lot, so instead I said "The largest number of undocumented workers come from Honduras and Guatemala" (which isn't actually true, but they're growing fast). I then went into a pretty good, tearjerking description of the overthrow of the democratically-elected Manuel Zelaya presidency in Honduras, and the death squad reign of terror against indigenous, trade union and environmentalist activists since then and Hillary's role in the sad affair.

It was pretty good, too, because he shut up for a minute and said "Hillary did that?" "Yeah, she legitimized it when she was Secretary of State." "That f%+&ing b~**#," he said (I decided I'd try working on his male chauvinism some other time), "Those poor people."

"Yeah, that's right. Todos somos ilegales!" I shouted giving the clenched fist salute. "What does that mean?" he asked. "Nobody Is Illegal!" I replied. (It doesn't.)

"You're f@**ing crazy!" "Join us, Tim!" I yelled as I headed back to my work station, "Join La Raza!" "Get out of here!" "Vive le Galt!"

---
It was much better the first time I wrote it up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scott Betts wrote:
None of those things have anything to do with your responsibility as a citizen of the country. You have one job - to make a rational voting decision.

But Scott, I thought you said

Your vote on election day is actually the least significant political tool you possess as a citizen.

I remember, because I marked my calendar.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm not crazy about Jill Stein, but I think, after her marching with my comrades against armed racists a couple months ago, and her actions in North Dakota, and how much liberals and Democrats talk shiznit about her, I'm going to break down and register to vote.

Anyway, I don't get the whole vaccine thing. Everybody's bending over backwards to excuse Hillary's lifelong dealing with union-busters, public education raiders, militarists, Wall Street, etc., etc. but Jill Stein's so despicable because she pandered a couple of times to hippies.

Citizen Snowblind, since the "Jill Stein is anti-vaxx" smear was released and been so widely disseminated, Citizen Stein has made repeated "I am pro-vaccination" statements. I don't really want to go looking for them, but I remember one of them was on The Young Turks, if that helps.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Irontruth wrote:
Why is a city council member from the town of Lexington, MA (population 31,000) even being considered for president? Seriously... how the f@%+ is that a thing?

As opposed to a tv game show host and serial business failure?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Monday Morning Jazz Brunch

Pee Wee Russell and Oliver Nelson and His Orchestra--The Spirit of '67

but, alas, I can only find single tracks from a box set on youtube, so you only get the first track:

"Love Is Just Around the Corner"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Took a break from Martin to read a short pamphlet by one of my South African comrades.

INTRODUCTION TO DIALECTICAL MATERIALISM – THE FOUNDATION OF REVOLUTIONARY THEORY by Shaun Arendse


2 people marked this as a favorite.

[Vomits]

Anyway,

John Hinckley Jr., who shot Ronald Reagan, freed for good from mental hospital

Just tell him Trump's dating Jodie Foster and everything should be fine.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lengthy, wordy meme I saw on Facebook on some Australian Maoist page that I am typing here because I am very bored this Saturday evening (shoulda gone to Worcester):

What Your Leftist Ideology Says About You

COUNCIL COMMUNIST--You and the one other council communist who lives seventeen miles away have decided to form a worker's council, just like your hero, Antonio Gramsci, before he became a tankie.

POST LEFTIST--You don't exist to be understood, which is great, because your vocabulary sounds like a thesaurus achieved consciousness and then just never stopped talking.

ANARCHO-COMMUNIST--Your parents thought you were goth for the longest time because your entire wardrobe is black.

ORTHODOX MARXIST--You're a time traveler from the 1920's because that's the last time your politics were relevant.

TROTSKYIST--You've forgotten what's it like to not campaign for social-democrats. You think the best way to achieve full communism is by voting for liberals, and talking about Kshama Sawant. (Hee hee! at me)

MARXIST-LENINIST--You don't know who fought in Laos but you know they were right and if you disagree, you're a revisionist. You have no more than 30 friends on Facebook, and at least 20 of them you met at CPGB-ML event. (Hee hee! at Limey)

THIRD WORLDISM--You spend your days trying to get across how much you hate Unruhe. You are incredibly edgy. There's a 5% chance you have a Soviet flag in your room and a 95% chance you have either an RAF or Iranian flag in your room.

EGOISM--You fight capitalism every Friday night by going to the bar with your friends. You sit in silence, because all of you know that language is a spook.

MARXISM-LENINISM-MAOISM--You never leave your house without a copy of the Little Red Book. You're pretty much universally hated, as you're too much of an ultra for Marxist-Leninists and you're too much of a tankie for Anarcho-Communists.

DEMOCRATIC SOCIALISM--You either like Eugene Debs or you killed Rosa Luxemburg. There's no in between.

HOXHAISM--You are tired of all these bunker jokes, but you're more tired of the terrible internet connection you have from inside your bunker.

LUXEMBURGISM--You either fully appreciate that Luxemburg had an ideology in her own right, or you're wrong and think her entire belief system can be summed up in "I'm not an anarchist and I hate Lenin."

JUCHEIST--You're really into Warhammer 40K, you have a terrible understanding of dialectics, Marxism, and politics in general. You and the Maoist can't stop arguing about quite literally everything.

TITOISM--Everyone seems to have forgotten you exist because you haven't been relevant since 1953. You also happen to be a middle-aged Serbian man.

ANARCHO-SYNDICALISM--You think the Wobblies almost led America to revolution. You either think Big Bill Haywood was the Messiah or you think he betrayed the revolution (the one that was totally going to happen guys). You think Catalonia was the best thing that ever happened and your blog is filled with black and white gifs from the Spanish Civil War. You can't name a single anarchist from that war besides Buenaventura Durruti.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

No Justice, No Peeps!

Workers at Peeps factory in Pennsylvania go on strike


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Follow up from Comrade Slaad's post:

Students Support LIU Professors in Contract Dispute: “End the Lockout, Negotiate & Let Us Learn”

EDIT: Oh, and a commie article (well, a thumbnail anyway):

“Picket Lines Mean Don’t Cross!”
Knock Out the Lockout at LIU Brooklyn!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Running subtheme BREAKING NEWS!:

Justice Dept., Army & Interior Dept. Temporarily Block DAPL Construction under Missouri River


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Late to the Aleppo game, but maybe you guys are being too hard on Gary?

NY Times Report on Johnson Aleppo Screw-Up Also Doesn’t Know What Aleppo Is


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Guy Humual wrote:
Fergie wrote:

Jill Stein, Green Party Candidate, Is Charged Over Role in Pipeline Protest

“Officers were alerted to video that displayed presidential candidate Jill Stein painting the front of one of the Caterpillars with the message ‘I approve this message,’ ” the affidavit said.

Snicker snicker

She spray painted the front of a blade of a bulldozer, those things scrape up hundreds of tons of soil, if that message remains after a week of work I'd be surprised. Apparently they want to arrest her for that. Trump threatens people, incites violence, and Clinton emails classified information, but Jill Stein is the one with the arrest warrant on her.

She's slacking, actually. She was arrested at least three times during the 2012 cycle.

Maybe she's slowing down with age.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Our events this month:

Debate: What next for the revolution? The elections and beyond

In which we debate the Berniecrats over at Brand New Congress.

The Communist Manifesto: Weapon of War--A Talk with Historian Doug Greene

In which we finally convinced Maoist-Inclined Independent Red Historian Rival for the Affections of La Principessa (Since Vanquished) to lecture in Lowell.

You can preorder his book, Specters of Communism: Blanqui and Marx here.

(In case I haven't mentioned it before, he took his favorite D&D character's name, "Enaa," as his middle name. As I've had occasion to mention, the Far Left is made up of a bunch of nerds.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Started A Clash of Kings.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I don't know too much about it, either, just that something like a thousand Native Americans from something like sixty nations across the country have been demonstrating since April (I think), BLM sent a delegation, it's being called the largest Native American demonstration since the showdown with the American Indian Movement in the early seventies, etc., etc.

Based on the responses, I'm guessing the MSM hasn't been covering it, but that will probably change since a judge ordered parts of construction halted earlier today and, according to the headlines, Obama gave a speech about it an hour ago or so.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Monday Night Jazz Snack

Sonny Sharrock--Guitar

Which I can't find on Youtube, so...

Sonny Sharrock Mix


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pillbug Toenibbler wrote:
Conservative Anklebiter wrote:
I wonder when you all are going to merge this into Comrade Anklebiter's Fun-Timey Revolutionary Socialism Thread.
In toto, I'm a Progressive Liberal. To the True Left, I'm considered too moderate at best, a collaborator & sell-out with the Right & NeoLibs at worst. Thus, I am Comrade Anklebiter's Enemy. :) There will be no merging until we have a Highlander-style reckoning.

En garde!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Huh. Don't know why I was prompted to look up Corey Lewandowski, but when I did I learned that he was raised in Lowell (son of a union printer), graduated from UMass Lowell and resides in New Hampshire.

It's like he's the Anti-Anklebiter or something.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Poul Anderson story in FS4 had me googling Inuit monsters:

Tupilaq


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

Just went and picked up the ballot access petitions for Jill at three southern New Hampshire town halls.

About a quarter were disqualified, but if that ratio holds true across the state, we should have her on the ballot here in the Granite State.

Looks like that ratio held out perfectly.

N.H. Will Have Two More Presidential Candidates On The Ballot This November


3 people marked this as a favorite.

India Engulfed in Red Banners as Workers Strike Back

Possibly, as the reports keep saying, the largest labor action in the history of the world.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Van Gelder Sound

Apparently, Rudy died recently.

:(


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ezuma--Exuma

Which I'm listening to while reading a Poul Anderson story about merfolk and Inuit.

Good times.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Finished Chomsky; am up to schedule on Marx and Trotsky; spent last night aimlessly flipping around between Edmund Wilson's To the Finland Station and Perry Anderson's Lineages of the Absolutist State before settling on Flashing Swords! *4: Barbarians and Black Magicians mostly because, having already read the Jack Vance and Michael Moorcock stories, I'm half done before I even began.

I love books like that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Anyway, tons of black union workers also benefited from "the American Dream" particularly in industries like steel, auto, longshore, etc., etc.

Most of those jobs are gone, too. I wonder why people don't write books about "Angry Black Men" and what's happened to them in the last 40 years and what they've done to "adjust."

Oh yeah, they do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey, I'm feeling kinda woozy here.

(I'm pretty sure I signed a post Hunter S. Anklebiter once.)

(And did he write any novels other than that one Johnny Depp discovered? I thought he was a gonzo journalist not a novelist.)

Anyway...

Rednal wrote:
Aaaand looping back around to my habit of posting links, it seems Trump has now repeated a comment that one of Clinton's mentors was a KKK member.

I liked the "super predator" quip and wondered why no one (that I saw) mentioned his full-page ad in the Daily News antics calling for the death penalty back when the Central Park Five were being tried.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I liked Comrade Fergie's analysis of the Michael Kimmel quote, googled around some, and found a NYT review of Angry White Men saying much the same. Maybe I'll get around to reading it after finishing Undocumented, maybe not, but it still strikes me as a historical irony that the phrase "white skin privilege," invented by Maoists in the mid-'60s to get privileged student radicals to throw in with the Black Panthers and the NLF, came to prominence at a time when, thanks to neoliberal deindustrialization, it is worth less than it ever has in the country's history.

Even Madder Men: ‘Angry White Men,’ by Michael Kimmel
By HANNA ROSIN

As for anti-vaxx, well, since the last time I posted about it that didn't include Jill Stein, a bunch of my friends went and had kids. Two of them bowed to the will of their headstrong wives and didn't vaccinate. One of them is married to a Rand Paul fan who's holding her nose and voting Trump; the other is married to a raw foods vegan who does, indeed, believe in crystals and recently founded a New Hampshire chapter of Black Lives Matter. I think she's voting for Hillary, but I could be wrong.

I quipped that they should get their kids together and one of the fathers, studying to be an RN, said "I don't think that's such a great idea."

"Then stand up to your crazy wife!" I didn't reply.

1 to 50 of 3,126 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

©2002–2016 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.