Hello, my players at Kingmaker want to do "Viking raids" during the winter's months.
As the Viking were doing, "all the population able to fight" will go to do the raid: the idea is to simulate the sending of fighters gone "to plunder another countries" using the rules of "Ultimate Campaign: build kingdom".
The results should be a gain in BP (Build Points), points of infamy, loss of population (because of battles in foreign plundered lands), gain of population ("slaves" captured), etc...
I think it's important that there is always a risk for players: they are not sure "the Raid" will be successful...
I don't want to play this part in the game and just to resolve it by "throwing a dice".
So i thought to simulate by a "temporary building" called "Raid" which will follows particular rules.
My idea is:
- 1 raid by kingdom in the same time
- minimum 3 months
- all development is locked inside the district during the raid (no other building construction for the chosen district)
- a penalty for the district on its bonus??? (like -x economy, -x stability)
- a loss/gain of population???
The "raid" is a temporary building which must be build each month of the raid.
10 BP by month
penalty: x= number of the month of the raid
The first month, penalty =1, the second month penalty = 2, etc...
gain: when the raid is ended
draw a 6-dice.........1: 80%, 2: 90% 3: 100%, 4-5: 120%, 6:140%
result= (number of months x 10 BP) x (6-dice)= gain in BP
so a raid of 3 months may do a gain of
24 BP on a "1" & loss an point of infamy
27 BP on a "2"
30 BP on a "3"
36 BP on a "4" or a "5" & 50% gain 1 point of infamy
42 BP on a "6" & gain 1 point of infamy
Not sure at all of my idea...Do you have one???????
Maybe give another bonus-penalty system for:
- choice of the NPC "horde-leader"
- the defense of the land "plundered"
- counter-attacks of lands plundered or hostile raids against player's land