Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
The Horned Hunter

Darklord Morius's page

Goblin Squad Member. RPG Superstar 2013 Star Voter, 2014 Marathon Voter. Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber. Pathfinder Society Member. 377 posts. No reviews. 2 lists. 1 wishlist. 1 alias.


RSS

1 to 50 of 377 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Alredy solved at mail box. Thanks!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

i don't know if it was alredy posted, but i would like to see the Coeurl

Coeurl.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Someone, anyone?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

I need this cancelled, asap, please!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

I need that Order 3256936 to be canceled, thanks!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

I blame Cosmo for the crapy postal services here in Brazil!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

At least it's not limitless public money being used, as is the deal here in Brazil...

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Now i'm readin A Short History of England, by Simon Jenkins

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
Ross Byers wrote:
kyrt-ryder wrote:
If you want to give darts a purpose you should probably give them the shuriken treatment: allow them to be drawn as a free action without Quickdraw.
I don't think darts have a purpose. The damage you might do during a game of lawn darts gone wrong isn't really going to come up much. I'm certain the only reason darts are in the game at all was because pre 3.5, halflings and gnomes couldn't just get small-sized javelins. They should rather just cease to exist

I never vizualized darts as " lawn darts" but as olympic darts. Maybe they could gain a greater range increment than the Javelin. Range over damage.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Doth this thread cos is very interesting

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Speaking on low level players on party. I award more xp to characters who have a lower level than the APL (25% more per level behind).

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
Ross Byers wrote:
Law is not legal.

Got it, i just think that a spy would be more efficient if nonlawfull, at the cost (maybe) of obediance.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
PiIsExactly3 wrote:
aboniks wrote:
And hey...Lawful rogues.
What about a governmental spy?

An Governamental spy must break the rules and violate rights to get the job done.

But what about an lawfull-abiding adventurous locksmith? My first 3.0 rogue.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
Zhayne wrote:
Fine. They can't make a non-magical gun that doesn't risk exploding.

Surely they can make longswords that doesn't bend/brake/dent with normal use.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
LoneKnave wrote:
Tholomyes wrote:
LoneKnave wrote:
Darklord Morius wrote:
Hate the "fighter only feat" gig, actually, hate any "class only feat", if only one class can use a feat, it should be a class feature, not a feat.

I agree with this, if for nothing else, design purposes it's silly to put an option restricted to a single class into an area that's supposed to be for every class.

You could still list "fighter only feats" in their own section I guess.

I think it honestly would have been better if Paizo had replaced all fighter bonus feats with "Fighter Talents" one of which being:

"Combat Feat (Ex): A Fighter that selects this talent gains a bonus combat feat.

Special: You may select this Talent more than once."

That way, you get the same "Fighter Only Feat" concept (except the abilities in question wouldn't be 'feats'), but still let the fighter take Feats as they normally would.

My thoughts exactly.

Not only my thought, but what i did with my homemade fighter.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Which MMO you are most foward to play; Elder Scrolls Online or Pathfinder Online?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Hate the "fighter only feat" gig, actually, hate any "class only feat", if only one class can use a feat, it should be a class feature, not a feat.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

You can make a full attack with a ranged weapon while your mount is moving. Likewise, you can take move actions normally.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Find your Path Pathfinder Con

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

on the first page, but i'll dot this thread.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

My very best wishes to Sean and Jodi, from Brazil!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

dot to watch later.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Lots of old ladies NPCs in mine campaigns, funny, wise, inspiring or badasses. But never saw a PC woman elder.

In Golarion we have a bunch too; Ailson Kindler and Baba Yaga to name two.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

The opposite of the Broken Soul would be nice. Like an "Enlightened Soul" a evil outsider that is good. Why it would be cool? To cause conflict wit the characters. To make them think the enlightened Barbazu is still a vile fiend and battle it until they realize their error. And because i'm a little sick of so much evil in the bestiaries.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

I have an enormous numbers of HR, but here are a few:

"Dimensional Port".

The spell creates a permanent "port" that, if it's location is know by the caster, he can teleport to there as if he was very familiar with the place. Of course, the material components are very expensive and take a while to craft, and the casting time is also onerous. The caster who make the "port" can choose who can use it and who can't. With that there is no need of a interplanetary teleport spell.

I myself HRuled that Teleportation spells (apart from dimensional doors) were widely unreliable the less information or familiarity with the place you were teleporting to (unless it has an Teleport Port, and you know it's location).

Edit: I'm about to apply a HR to spellcasting, every time a caster wants to cast a spell in combat, he is considered flat-footed, unless he makes an concentration check with a CD equals to 10+Spell Level (Vigorous Motion). Why is that, because i assume the caster is alert and trying to dodge any projectile or swing directed at him, thus moving vigorously to retain his/her dex bonus. If he fails this check, he doesn't loose the spell, but the casting time increases to another round.

About the metamagic rods, i already Hruled that the caster can't never cast a spell that has a spell slot higher than the highest spell slot he could normally cast. (exceptions is UMD and some itens that says otherwise). Tha prevented metamagic rods abuse in my games.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
Zhayne wrote:
Darklord Morius wrote:

How you use a tool that kills slowly and excruciatingly, in a way that you don't look evil? I want an example, please.

I know that there is poisons that are painless, but i'm talking about the dolorous ones, be they poison, weapons or spells.

You prove my point. Not all poisons kill, and not all are painful.

Oh, your point was that? So no point to discuss here.

Now, there are tools that are wicked and evil, right?

And yeah, agree with el cuervo. You can do good dishonorably. Honor is a code. Code is a set of rules. Fight honorably is fight with rules. Poisons and, to an extent, spells, are not fighting honorably.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

How you use a tool that kills slowly and excruciatingly, in a way that you don't look evil? I want an example, please.

I know that there is poisons that are painless, but i'm talking about the dolorous ones, be they poison, weapons or spells.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Ok, in RAW it looks stupid. I will just stick to my future trip for Europe.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Well, poison use and the use of spells can be considered dishonorable.

Chemical Weapons are considered dishonorable even if they are the most efficient weapon of mass destruction. They are terrifying, that's why they are shunned.

Poison is also terrifying, and many spells have effects even more terrifying than mere chemical weaponry.

So, yes, poison is dishonorable.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

The AoO from Greater Trip does not happens when the opponent tries to stand up, when the foe tries to stand up, you receive an AoO against him, no matter if you have a feat or not. Greater Trip states that you do receive an AoO against the opponent when you successfully tripped him.

Before any counter-argument, please enlight me what happens with someone when you successfully trip him?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

The FAQs don't says the AoO occurs befor the trippings. I'm with Davick, the AoO occurs when the opponent is prone (successfully tripped).

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Sorry if i derail some ongoing discussion, because i'm reading the first two pages, what an interesting thread!

I'm not a Errata/FAQ rat, so i cannot help much with the OP question, but i have some opinions to share with some issues pointed out here.

Ravingdork wrote:
Greater Teleport used to be able to get you to the moon or other celestial body with its unlimited range. However, its range suddenly became limited when Paizo came out with the Interplanetary Teleport spell.

For that i prefer my HR: A new spell that i called "Dimensional Port".

The spell creates a permanent "port" that, if it's location is know by the caster, he can teleport to there as if he was very familiar with the place. Of course, the material components are very expensive and take a while to craft, and the casting time is also onerous. The caster who make the "port" can choose who can use it and who can't. With that there is no need of a interplanetary teleport spell.

I myself HRuled that Teleportation spells (apart from dimensional doors) were widely unreliable the less information or familiarity with the place you were teleporting to (unless it has an Teleport Port, and you know it's location).

Edit: I'm about to apply a HR to spellcasting, every time a caster wants to cast a spell in combat, he is considered flat-footed, unless he makes an concentration check with a CD equals to 10+Spell Level (Vigorous Motion). Why is that, because i assume the caster is alert and trying to dodge any projectile or swing directed at him, thus moving vigorously to retain his/her dex bonus. If he fails this check, he doesn't loose the spell, but the casting time increases to another round.

About the metamagic rods, i already Hruled that the caster can't never cast a spell that has a spell slot higher than the highest spell slot he could normally cast. (exceptions is UMD and some itens that says otherwise). Tha prevented metamagic rods abuse in my games.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Dear James,

Any chance we see a Pathfinder/Paizo reference or pun in a TV Show in the furture?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

James, what happens with an Black Iron Axe (MA pg 158) if i struck with it 3 times an Legendsbane (MA pg 165) annoited with the blood of a slain 10th-rank mythic creature ?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
Tels wrote:
Darklord Morius wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Darklord Morius wrote:
Wolverine vs Cannon Golem, who would win?
Depends who's writing the scene. If I were writing it, Wolverine would win, because he has the advantage of being a character and the cannon golem is just a mook. A POWERFUL mook, but just a mook.
Bet it wouldn't be easy, though. Wolverine's claws are made of Adamantium, not adamantite. Hercules club is made of adamantite.
Well, must suck that neither one are made of Adamantine.

Blast this mineral and its change of names!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Argh, paladins are not douches, their friends made a mistake, as he did, everyone make mistakes. If they are friends (or companions) he should forgive this slight.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
Democratus wrote:
Aranna wrote:

I will never abandon you... becomes I will kick you to the curb if you aren't part of my family. And who was part of his "family" whoever he felt like including at the time. It only took one argument to remove River and Simon from "family", that is chaotic.

When did Mal ever tell Simon, "I will never abandon you"?

What is this, soap opera? I'm unaware of this show, can someone tel me about it? even if inbox? Thanks!

I'm in the side that chaotics abide to sort of code and sort of laws, since they keep it simple and flexible!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
Ravingdork wrote:

Depends on how you're using it. Killing rats in your mother's basement, then you're on strong ground, morally speaking.

Mercifully killing your mother at her request with poison to spare her the great pain of the cancer eating away at her, then you're on questionable ground.

Poisoning the king so that you can ascend to the throne in his place, well then, you're just a real bastard completely devoid of morals, aren't you?

Oh oh! I would use poison to kill the king and take his place, but using poison that way is evil, i'll just slit his throat while he is at sleep.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

dot

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Darklord Morius wrote:
Wolverine vs Cannon Golem, who would win?
Depends who's writing the scene. If I were writing it, Wolverine would win, because he has the advantage of being a character and the cannon golem is just a mook. A POWERFUL mook, but just a mook.

Bet it wouldn't be easy, though. Wolverine's claws are made of Adamantium, not adamantite. Hercules club is made of adamantite.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
James Risner wrote:
Darklord Morius wrote:
I have spring attack, i'm unarmed and don't have improved unarmed strike. When i use spring attack on a target, i do not provoke AoO even if i'm unarmed, by RAW.

-1

Sigh

-1 too.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Wolverine vs Cannon Golem, who would win?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

I have spring attack, i'm unarmed and don't have improved unarmed strike. When i use spring attack on a target, i do not provoke AoO even if i'm unarmed, by RAW.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Not allow things that aren't exactly RAW is DEATH, i warn you, DEATH!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Only the Paizonian gods can answer this question!

Paizonian gods, i summon thee! Hear yer olde servant and answer thy prayers!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

You need not outbreed to be dominant.

Romans were less than slaves, but they were the dominant.

Politicians are just the 1%, but they have the 99% under their thumb.

So it can be a setting were elves are the dominant race but not the most populous. They could be seen as guides and leaders, and all other races strive to be like them, or obey them without question because are convinced that their guidance will lead to a better world for them.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
Anzyr wrote:

Honestly, the whole steal/sunder thing as an argument against Wizards is silly. Because if this is happening to the Wizard is should really be happening to everybody else first. I mean spell component pouches are cheap, no reason not to have multiple, but if you sunder the fighter's primary weapon, he's gonna be a sad panda, while the Wizard shrugs, is glad that a cheap item prevented an attack from going to his face and uses his next pouch.

Also, who in their right mind is going to steal a Wizard's spellbook which could have all manner of traps, when they could take the much harder to conceal magical sword the Fighter is carrying.

It's just a terrible argument that really needs to stop coming into these discussions.

Wow, your wizards must be really strong to carry all these spell components pouches...

In my campaigns they tend to carry just one, maybe i start to sunder them so they get smart.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
gustavo iglesias wrote:
Aelryinth wrote:
Being able to walk into lava and out again is certainly a magical event, no mere fleshy toughness can possibly explain such a thing...it's totally unrealistic. "toughness' would have to represent energy resistance, and that's not what we're talking about. You're just burning through hit points!

Of course it's totally unrealistic. That's the point. But it is not more unrealistic than Beowulf surviving one week holding his breath. Which is the point: it doesn't have to be realistic. The game *ISN'T* realistic. There are a LOT of situations where the game shows us how powerful a high level character is, without having any posibility to "hide" it with "the dwarf step aside"

Wanna examples?

The dwarf is sleeping. Some goblin sneak in, put a dagger in his neck, and slice it. Coup d'grace. 1d4 damage, autocrit, for 2d4. No way he dies unless he gets 1 in his d20. Fun part: at high level, even an a greatsword might not work.

Dwarf jumps, volutarely, into a lava pool.

Dwarf falls from the Niagara Falls.

Dwarf is attacked by poisoned daggers, get hit 50 times, make 50 poison rolls. That's 50 daggers he couldn't "be dodging", because he made 50 injury poison rolls.

Dwarf is landed upon by a great wyrm, weighting roughly 100 tons.

Dwarf being bite, then chewed, then swallowed by a tyrannosaurus.

DWarf being grappled and contriscted by a str 30 KRAKEN.

Dwarf being grappled then *rended* by monsters with such ability.

Dwarf voluntarely drinking cicuta.

The dwarf isn't "dodging" any of those. He survives, for the same reasons he can grapple, trip and pin a rhinoceros with one hand tied to his back. Because he's awesome, and not some pedestrian bound-by-reality mundane guy

Hah! This Dwarf guy is a sport!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Improved Unarmed Strike can be a realky awesome feat.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
Talcrion wrote:
Elbedor wrote:

Why AoO the air? Aren't there enough gnats, flies, or ants around that may be moving through your threatened space? Heck, even a blade of grass swaying in the wind or a mote of dust or dandelion seed blowing along...

Wait, does this mean as GM I can have the air AoO anyone that decides to move?

Naturally! and since the air clearly has a deceptively high Str based on it's ability to throw buildings onto witchs when it feels like it, they should learn to fear the wind!

Can i cast magic missile against the air?

1 to 50 of 377 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.