|Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber||
In Shattered Star we have a grand adventure set in Kaer Maga, and I hadn’t run anything there in a couple of years. While recently becoming reacquainted with this city and its sourcebook, I realized for quick lookup purposes during play I needed an index of locations. The following text places the numbered location on the map of the city in the Shattered Star Map Folio to the page numbers in the source book City of Strangers. It also has small notes to jog my memory thus possible spoilers. I thought it might help to share here.
1. Reanimations (working class undead) 10
2. Palace of the Child-Goddess (Vudrani cult) 10
3. Last Rites (mastercraft undead) 10
4. The White Lady (undead brothel) 10
5. Thrown Bones (game hall and arena) 10
6. Tarheel Promenade (Arcanist’s magic items) 25
7. Gadka’s Magical Oddities (minor magic items) 23
8. The Wheel Unbroken (magic item creation) 23
9. Street of Little Gods (minor shrines) 24
10. The Flame That Binds (magic weapons) 25
11. Bank of Abadar (temple) 25
12. Temple of Asmodeus (temple) 25
13. Street of Sighs (tenements) 22
14. The Lyceum (college of arts and bards) 22
15. The Burning Brand (tattoos & piercings) 22
16. The Broken Monastery (old abandoned) 22
17. The Silent Partner (loans and mortgages) 23
18. The Succoring Muse (intoxicants) 23
19. The Constabulary 28
20. Itinerant House (nonresident visitor’s inn) 28
21. The People’s Chambers (citizen’s council) 28
22. Furrow & Vine (grocer) 29
23. The Sorry Excuse (lousy tavern & inn) 20
24. The Blushing Rose (brothel) 20
25. The Strapping Lad (brothel) 20
26. Temple of Calistria 21
27. Canary House (superb, huge inn) 20
28. Bloodbrothers (warrior’s tavern) 21
29. The Pinnacle (highest tower / neutral meet zone) 18
30. Uncle Guden’s Manor (BMOC tower) 19
31. Cobaru’s Aerie (vampire tower) 19
32. The Flickering Tower (old disappearing tower) 18
33. The Therassic Spire (library) 18
34. The Price of Freedom (Freemen faction) 13
35. The Common House (temple to Cayden Cailean) 13
36. Kites and Crows (shop) 13
37. Godsmouth Ossuary (Temple to Pharasma) 13
38. The Meeting Post (bulletin board) 17
39. Lakeside Amphitheater 16
40. The Flesh Block (slave sales) 16
41. The Stockyards (animal sales) 17
42. The Drunken Tailor (masterful tailor) 17
43. Augur Temple (troll seers) 16
44. Haverston’s Grange (general store) 17
45. Meatgate (farmers and shepherds) 26
46. Halfway Houses (halflings) 26
47. The Pillars of Dream (constellation stones) 27
48. The Gap (land entrance) 26
49. Mother Millie’s Little Treasures (‘orphanage’) 26
50. Duskwarden Guildhouse 12
51. The Kiln (HQ of the Ardoc Family) 11
52. Quarrimac’s Curatives (apothecary and alchemist) 12
53. The Hammer of Knowledge (masterful blacksmith) 15
54. The Rubdown (bath house) 15
55. Heaven’s Ladder (crematorium) 14
56. Temple of the Endless Step (monks) 14
57. Cliffside Millworks 15
Also, I got a huge kick out of the “seen on a street corner” sidebar in City of Strangers, but I’ve wore it out over the years and needed some more. Here are 20, does anyone have any other suggestions?
A brown robed man chases another frantically through the streets, folk move aside but do not interfere.
A common man walks down the street grasping a talisman followed by a skeleton with a price tag stuck to his head.
A dog spooks a horse, which rears up, scattering a nearby group of goblins.
A dwarf gunslinger with a rifle over his shoulder stands on a soapbox asking any who pass if they're "with him to retake Urglin"?
A extremely blubberous man haggling with a vendor over a jar of leeches.
A gang of children walking quietly behind a boy on a pony wearing a high collar pretending to be a headless horseman.
A group of children follow a goblin snake down an alley.
A group of male and female streetwalkers argue loudly over turf and boundaries.
A half elf minstrel tunes a stringed instrument outside a shop called 'good cats'.
A knight in shining armor asks folk who can heal his friend while holding a broken long sword.
A little girl clings to a doll with a gem embedded in its forehead repeating "five more shall rise" while rocking back and forth.
A male and female orc working a street shop selling scorpions and antitoxin.
A man with his lips sewn shut tries to describe a straw to a drink vendor.
A pair of men cut the bonds on a lizardfolk and try in vain to explain it is now free.
A shoanti shaman wags her finger and scolds a group of shoanti warriors nearly twice her size.
A tall human on bended knee professing love to a blushing gnome maiden.
An unarmed female cleric of Iomadae walking down the street with a floating male tiefling close behind.
Clerics of Abadar and Asmodeus share a meal on a balcony discussing the finer points of a document on parchment.
Something runs down the street so fast it is but a blur, nearby awnings and papers go flying.
Street vendors hand out free samples and goods to a group of Duskwardens.