Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
King of Roses

Crimson Jester's page

Pathfinder Society Member. 21,638 posts (25,165 including aliases). No reviews. 3 lists. No wishlists. 32 aliases.


RSS

1 to 50 of 21,638 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Qadira

Getting laid off on the 18th. Yay me. Been down this road at this time last year. Lets hope it lasts a lot less time.

Qadira

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hate the term Tune/TOon, but damn I have fallen in luv with Murderhobo

Qadira

Some smells good. What's cookin'?

Qadira

Jobs suck, careers are golden.

Qadira

My sons have two guinea pigs, Puddles and Squeaky

Qadira

Afternoon all.

I'm sorry I have been persona non grata for a while now. It shall remain so for awhile. Which is weird as I think I over post on FB most days.

Qadira

Hi.

Qadira

and I have to stop in and say Hi.

Qadira

Hits head on the door. I should visit more often.

Qadira

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I say we retconn the entire DC verse into something Sane. By ignoring everything that ever happened and ... Oh wait

Qadira

Terokai wrote:
memorax wrote:
Vikingchris wrote:
That's a ridiculous idea Sebastian.
Actually while crudely put I think he has a point. They keep making errata mistakes. Not asking for feedback. So why not have 3pp do it right.

I mentioned this in one of the other crane wing threads but yea ruling like this, incomplete rules released into the wild and the general dumping on martials has made 3pp so much cash and i would contend for a sizable chunk of them are what make up their products along with original content.

Maybe its part of paizo's strategy to release what they want to release and let the 3pp fix them at a later date. Who knows.

That worked out so well for them didnt it?

Qadira

Is the day over with yet?

Qadira

Set wrote:


All things in moderation, the saying goes.

Including moderation?

Qadira

Nature gives you your limits.
Nurture allows you to reach those limits.

Intelligence is how smart you are.
Educated is whether or not you have tried to do something with what is between your ears. It is an ongoing process.

Qadira

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hello all. Still alive and kicking. Getting ready for the weekend as the kids head out for Trappers Rendezvous A cold weather camp out for Scouts where we are looking at possible 50* F. Yeah a lot of good those Longjohns are going to do them this year.

Qadira

Ever have one of THOSE days?

Qadira

yellowdingo wrote:
Scythia wrote:

You're Australian, right? Why not just start your own kingdom like that other Aussie?

Although I guess it wouldn't be as much fun presenting facetious petitions to yourself.

Why limit myself when I can be president of the USA. Just need ten million supporters...in the USA to demand that I run in the election.

No, you can't be. We would have to change the Constitution for you. They refused for Arnold. (of which I am glad) I am sure it would be tough for a change for you too.

Qadira

1 person marked this as a favorite.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Qadira

thejeff wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
thejeff wrote:


Mind you, I'd disagree with both statements. Pushing intelligent design may actually be very clever for those groups: It's just evil.

Agreed. The basic tenets of I.D. are bad Science and worse Theology.

But decent politics and awesome fundraising.

Which is the whole point.

Which it may well be. I find it horrible politics. Thats just me.

Qadira

Brain? Vat is das?

Qadira

Mornin' All!

Qadira

tap dances through the thread

Qadira

Sissyl wrote:
Caineach wrote:
MeanDM wrote:
Sissyl wrote:


But when certain states still have laws stating that two men having consensual oral sex is punishable by prison time... that is FAR beyond anything within the bounds of reason. Or, not to be too delicate about it: It's f*&+ing b%$$%$* insane.

They don't have those laws, or if they do, they are unenforceable as unconstitutional.

Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003)

It is still on the books and police can use it to make arrests. Just because the prosecutors wont prosecute what they know to be losing cases doesn't mean the cops can't be jerks.
The laws are on the books. That someone should even begin to be treated like a criminal for consensual sex is insane. And regarding anal sex, I seem to recall a case where a neighbour videotaped a couple having it, making it a criminal case. I REALLY, REALLY hope I remember incorrectly here. But given that anal sex is in fact illegal in various states... anyone care to guess WHY there are such laws? Anyone else think "religion"? I do, mostly because I really can't see another reason. I also find it deeply depressing that someone should be subjected to working through the legal system for years to actually get the ruling that gay oral sex is unconstitutional...

I would like to point you to a wikipedia page Lawrence v. Texas Which invalidated Sodomy laws in every state of the union. It was a landmark case that got a lot of press. Been few years now.

Qadira

Sissyl wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Sissyl wrote:


Again, there seems to be a problem of communication here. I do not say things like "moronic religion" or "religious stupidity", and yet I have now been misrepresented several times.... Or, not to be too delicate about it: It's f**$ing b@*&%*$ insane.

Congratulations. This is probably the most aggressive bad quoting I have been subjected to, Crimson Jester. Impressive! And it illustrates pretty well the theme of misrepresentation we have seem lately. You are well aware that what I felt was f*+&ing b#++$&& insane was something else - but you did not saw fit to include that, did you? If you are prepared to go that far in misrepresenting my position, you also illustrate perfectly why sugar coating will not work.

All I was doing was an attempt to point out that people may respond negatively to the way you were posting. More flies with Honey, that sort of thing.

Qadira

thejeff wrote:


Mind you, I'd disagree with both statements. Pushing intelligent design may actually be very clever for those groups: It's just evil.

Agreed. The basic tenets of I.D. are bad Science and worse Theology.

Qadira

Andrew Tuttle wrote:

Crimson Jester,

My "dogmatic adherence to a single interpretation of scripture" comment was riffing of your "Thus ends our basic catechism 101 for the day" crack, addressed to the thread in toto not to you, directly.

"Catechism" is pretty part-and-parcel with the Holy Roman Catholic Church, which is pretty part-and-parcel with the concept of "dogma."

I apologize if I was unclear there.

I'm still not sure what mistake I've made. I've read all the sentences and sentence fragments in this thread thus far.

Riffing, and more to topic, here's an interesting article on quantum suicide.

-- Andy

It has been 3 years since we all posted on this thread. I want to apologize to you Andy, and well everyone here. I was not meaning to be so gruff or coming off in such an aggressive manner. It was uncalled for and unneeded.

Qadira

Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

Btw, hipster or not, I think this is some of the truest shiznit ever written by a filthy pinkskin:

"[Y]ou need to give your goblins more depth than David Bowie gave his. It was cool that they assisted him in jam sessions, you don't get that from a lot of mythical beasts, but maybe your goblins can be the victims of racism instead of just the result of it. (I'm completely sticking to this theory, by the way, sorry if you don't agree. Also sorry your heart is so black.) So maybe your goblins were as noble and benevolent as elves once, but the damn Aryan elves just repressed and oppressed the hell out of the ugly little farts until their whole race grew embittered and sour. And they're not inherently or pointlessly evil, because no one is; they've just grown up in a society that has, for eons, been under the callous heel of elves who felt themselves better, who used goblins as slave labor in generations past, and who put no value on their lives at all. So f&*& yeah, the goblins want to kill you, you're running around with your effeminate archer friend whose great-grandfather used to hang goblins from trees and throw apples at them while they gasped their way to the great beyond."

F$%~in' a right.

(I like cursing because I am a[n aging ex-] hipster.)

OR GOBBO's who just feel that way and have been used by the Evil in the world.... My plans come to fruition!!

Qadira

Sissyl wrote:


Again, there seems to be a problem of communication here. I do not say things like "moronic religion" or "religious stupidity", and yet I have now been misrepresented several times.... Or, not to be too delicate about it: It's f**$ing b@*&%*$ insane.

Good thing all christians respect freedom from religion, even if they have the political power to get the state to enforce their moralistic laws and religious tenets, right Klaus?

May I point out...

Sissyl wrote:


Intelligent design is a way to not have to teach evolution in school, it has repeatedly been identified as such. And all because people think it's against their religion to think the world is more than 6000 years old.

Pretty much the definition of moronic.

Now I want to point out. I do not disagree. It is just that the way I perceive your posts are, in my opinion, a very needlessly aggressive format. One that I am sure I have been guilty of as well.

A little sugar goes a long way for someone to see your point of view and there is little reason to be distraught or post in a way as to be seen in that light.

Qadira

Sissyl wrote:

Crimson Jester: Thank you for a VERY interesting link. I do wish you had read on a bit longer than you did, though:

** spoiler omitted **

I don't really feel a need to add to this.

I did in fact read that. I however disagree as the proceeding evidence shows, if anything that the major component is civic involvement not religious affiliation.

Qadira

Silmarillion Project

Qadira

Elf Party I never suspected it was a political unit. Who'd have thunk it?

Qadira

Unless it is a specific person of whom you feel that they may take some offense. I suggest the silently drop them option.

Qadira

Klaus van der Kroft wrote:
Guys, I understand that you have your reasons to hate what we religious folks believe in, but please, it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more sensible about shooting the "moronic religion" and "religious stupidity" messages every third paragraph.

Confirmation bias combined with the internet.

Qadira

BigNorseWolf wrote:
Sissyl wrote:
Religion. Why is it so hard to accept that "% of population that considers religion important in their lives" correlates inversely to high longevity, high education level, and high quality of life? Most think the arrow of consequence goes Bad life -> Religion important. I think there is quite a lot of reason to think it goes the other way.
I think your cause and effect relationship is a little reversed there.
Sissyl wrote:

Uh-huh.

Except that if religion has a strong enough influence, religious people will have the power to actively sabotage education through hypothetical moronity like "intelligent design", abortions (which forces young women who don't want to raise a child to either go through risky illegal abortions or have the child, and the dominant reason for not wanting to have it is because they don't have the money to handle it well enough), stop vital research into various things that religious people go anal about, such as stem cells, and so on and so forth.

Now, according to you, it's damn lucky none of that is more than hypothetical, right?

I admit, the arrow does go both ways. The churches know splendidly well that if quality of life goes down, they get more people who think religion is important. Thus, they have a deeply seated, vested interest in making sure quality of life goes as far down as it possibly can.

Or is no cause and affect at all.

"... it seems likely that religiously observant people in the U.S. live longer than those who stay away from church."

"Yet, the apparent health benefits of religion are not found in some other developed countries. In states like Denmark and the Netherlands, where religiously active individuals are in the minority, any health advantages of religion shrink to vanishing point..."

So basically neither.

Qadira

Jess Door wrote:

...hard coding options that should be brought out to a configuration file...

enough said.

-_-

Lawyers doing the plumbing while trying to hard code???

You have some issues today huh?

Qadira

Well two really

Qadira

Freehold DM wrote:
Jess Door wrote:

...Schwartzchild singularities....

enough said.

-_-

.. Wait that's an actual thing?!?

Yes the Schwarzschild metric even has its own Wiki page.

Qadira

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Lawyers should not be doing you plumbing.

Qadira

Freehold DM wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:

But, damnit! Just checked the weather and they're calling for......sno......just kidding!

Rain this morning and windy this afternoon, with the temp dropping. Poop. It's gonna make getting down my Christmas lights a pain in the ass.

does wunian snow dance with extra jazz hands

Bad mental image... all around.

Qadira

DSXMachina wrote:

Yay, fun day wandering around York drinking a few beers and visiting the FLGS (although I didn't buy anything). Good thing they are moving to larger premises.

Anyway hope Saturday is treating you all well, that the weekend will be even better.

It was not bad. Thank you.

Qadira

Scintillae wrote:
Is it spring yet?

72 days and counting

Qadira

Freehold DM wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Hey cold monster! Hows the weather treating you?
quite well. Quite well indeed. Hopefully another snowstorm ensues so that we can get yeti walking the streets for me to hunt or coerce into eating my boss!
But your boss will give the yetis indigestion, and *trust me* you don't want acid refluxing yetis walking around.
It's okay. I'll send them to hunt my supervisor next....

You know that may cause bowel issues?

Qadira

Rawr! wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Hey cold monster! Hows the weather treating you?
quite well. Quite well indeed. Hopefully another snowstorm ensues so that we can get yeti walking the streets for me to hunt or coerce into eating my boss!
But your boss will give the yetis indigestion, and *trust me* you don't want acid refluxing yetis walking around.

Is that better or worse than Badgers with acid reflux?

Qadira

Freehold DM wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Hey cold monster! Hows the weather treating you?
quite well. Quite well indeed. Hopefully another snowstorm ensues so that we can get yeti walking the streets for me to hunt or coerce into eating my boss!
nudity helps in this regard...

If she is cute, yes. Put that thing away though, you may put an eye out.

Qadira

Freehold DM wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Hey cold monster! Hows the weather treating you?
quite well. Quite well indeed. Hopefully another snowstorm ensues so that we can get yeti walking the streets for me to hunt or coerce into eating my boss!

Beware there is some hunter out there claiming to have shot a Bigfoot. He may come after your Yeti minions soon.

Qadira

Rawr! wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Stepping out and putting gas in my tank, I realized that it was cold and yet the forecast has it dropping a record breaking low overnight Sunday into Monday. I am too far north for the Winter.

Stay warm!

We're looking forward to record lows in a couple of days.

I have been trying to. My poor car does not like this weather.

Qadira

aeglos wrote:
hi everyone,

I forgot to give my warmest welcome to our newest little member and his lucky parents.

Congrats Man!

Qadira

Stepping out and putting gas in my tank, I realized that it was cold and yet the forecast has it dropping a record breaking low overnight Sunday into Monday. I am too far north for the Winter.

Qadira

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey cold monster! Hows the weather treating you?

Qadira

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Afternoon all.

1 to 50 of 21,638 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.