|Chris Lambertz Community & Digital Content Director|
In the very near future, we'll be discontinuing use and support for TLS version 1.0 (more about what TLS is here).
What does that mean for our users? Users accessing the secure portions of paizo.com on older browsers may not be able to successfully access or render those pages (you can identify these by "https://secure.paizo.com" included in the URL—some of these include the "My Account", "My Downloads", "My Pathfinder Society", and logging into paizo.com, for example).
A list of the earliest versions of browsers that can access these areas of the site is included at the end of this post, and we encourage our users to update their browser for optimal experience and support on paizo.com. Non-secure pages are unaffected by this change.
This update is one that is occurring on many sites that handle secure information and is being mandated by our credit card processor. It is not an update that we can put off or opt-out of for this reason. We understand that this may be an inconvenience to some of our users, and wanted to give you a heads up about any interrupted service or issues you may experience related to this change.
Earliest Supported Browser Versions for the Secure Portions of paizo.com:
- Android OS Browser 5.0, Recommended 5.1
- Chrome 30, Recommended 43
- Firefox 27, Recomended 38
- Internet Explorer 11, Recommended 11 and onward (including Microsoft Edge)
- Opera 17, Recommended 29
- Safari 7 (Requires OSX 10.9 Mavericks), Recommended 8 (Requires OSX 10.10 Yosemite)
- Safari (Mobile) iOS 7, Recommended iOS 8 — Supported devices include the Apple TV (2nd generation and up), the iPad 2 and up, the iPad Mini (1st generation and up) iPhone 4 and up, and iPod Touch (5th generation and up).
For questions about this change, please go to the thread in Website Feedback.