|Paizo Pathfinder® Paizo Games|
|About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ|
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game Subscriber
Can I get an update on this order?
I realize that the Golem Sale has created a backlog, however my order Order # 2894220 Placed November 20, 2013 seems to be stuck. I have not received any update on fulfillment, my cart still lists the items ordered and now the price of those items has returned to the regular price.
Thank you all for the very kind words, it really means a lot to me.
I am blessed to me in a position to be able to put so much time into a game system that I am passionate about and to work with a company that obviously cares what their customers think.
Thank you to those that led by example during my path to a 5th Star: Bob Jonquet, Chris Bonnet, Doug Miles, Thea Peters, Todd Morgan, Mike Brock and others who escape me at this time.
About my 3D terrain for Bonekeep: the Silent Grave, I'll see what I can do to post additional pictures somewhere, maybe the game store I work with. I considered taking some how-to photos during construction, but I was under the gun to get it finished by Whose Yer Con. When I start on Bonekeep: level 2 I'll make a concerted effort to create a how-to process.
The table of 6 Eyes o Ten that I am slated to kill, um err, run through should have received an email from me within the last week or two.
I believe I have: Tracy, Greg, Brian, Mike, Amy & David. If you are in this list and haven't received one, drop me a line cause I may have an incorrect email address for you.
@Greg I have similar aspirations for Eyes side quests, however singing is unlikely. :)
The planning for Scotties, the Arsenal, and possible other locations in in the works. We are currently looking at morning slots and evening slots with a long break around dinner time for the GM and VC meetings / dinners.
There will be a warhorn site to sign up for games. Most likely combining the various venues that Indiana PFS is organizing.
When we get to that stage we will add tables based on what is available for our use and what GMs want to run. In other words we are leaving the scenario selection to our esteemed GM volunteers. Any player will have access to sign up for games on a first come first serve basis.
I will be present at Scotties all day (except for the GM meeting) to heard everyone in the proper direction and handle the scenario tracking and reporting. As the details get ironed out I'll post the specifics here and on the Warhorn event general info section.
Chris is curently waiting for conformation from the venues on the amount of table space available for Society.
New VC Chris Bonnet is working on the details. So far it is rather fluid and nothing is confirmed as of yet. We are currently leaning towards arranging venues and table quantities at each.
When Chris and I discussed PreCon events last, he was considering a single Warhorn site to consolidate the various PreCon gaming that Indiana PFS is hosting. Once the specifics are ironed out Scenarios will be added based on what the GMs that are volunteering wish to run and at which location.
To summarize, since that seems awfully wordy to me this morning:
Scheduling is in the works
I plan on being on site all day again this year for mustering, direction, guidance, eatin and drinking. Though I intend to drink much less than I did last year. :}
As a side note that should not need emphasizing - this is the planning stage nothing is finalized and everything is subject to change until 9am Wednesday morning before GenCon. :}
Stay tuned. . . .
As a GM with decades of GM experience in multiple RPG systems, a bunch of stars who travels to an average of 5 conventions of varying sizes each year and a VO I can freely admit that I don't always get the rules correct.
There is a lot of rules in Pathfinder, more so with the PFS campaign guidelines. It is easy to overlook finer points of some of the obscure rules and even common rules that sometimes break logic a tad for game play.
I am regularly frustrated when I have to look up rules during a scenario, especially stuff that should be already ingrained. Last year at GenCon I got the penalties wrong for fighting while prone. Not sure how I overlooked that rule, but the players were more than willing to help me get it right. It still boggles me that I missed those penalties for quite some time, but it isn't something that arises too often.
Most of the time the players are very willing to help by looking up rules and siting a page number if I feel the need to read it myself (mostly for interpretation). I find that this helps keep the game civil and moving along.
In my opinion this is a very good thread and one thing to take away from it is that nobody's input should be discounted, period. It is important to work together civilly to find the correct answer. As JohnF mentioned anyone can overlook sections of the rules, especially ones on the FAQs. Stars and titles do not make us infallible.
In summary work together and don't be a troll. :)
I'm finally finishing wrapping up things for the first mini convention at The Sage's Shoppe.
Thanks to the 8 dedicated GMs that gave up some of their time to make this happen.
Kevin Ingle ran 5 of the 6 slots and helped manage HQ.
Our final numbers:
Reporting will be finished this evening.
Once another well organized smoothly run convention. This one has always been a blast and this year was no exception!!!
Bob also had some awesome 3D terrain that you can see in his link above.
Thank you for the nice comments on the 3D terrain I made for Bonekeep. I have some fine tuning to make for GenCon and possible Origins.
I am also sorry that I didn't get to chat with more of the GMs and players. Bonekeep eats up a lot of time (no finishing early, well unless they are all dead).
GM slots are filling up nicely. The following Scenarios still need a GM:
I will be looking at Hotel information this week to see what deals we can offer.
The Warhorn site has been populated with the Scenarios for this event. Thank you very much Kevin for taking care of this.
The Warhorn for this event is the same one that we use for our regular Game Days at The Sage's Shoppe, so after you log in you'll need to choose April from the monthly schedule to sign up.
last year's WYC midnight madness was cool, although it felt like we had a table of 10. (we didn't for those who nit pick)
last years incon midnight madness was a blurrrr too much barfleet for me. I remember the final boss fight being very frustrating for my halfling barbarian. ..
See ya all is a couple weeks!!
On April 12 – 14th 2013 The Sage’s Shoppe will be hosting a mini Pathfinder Society Convention in West Lafayette, Indiana. We are currently scheduling 28 tables over the three days.
Players and GMs can sign-up directly on Warhorn.net .
Cost: $2 per player per scenario
Slot 1: Friday 8pm – midnight
You can contact me with questions through the Paizo message system or by email at michaelpfsindiana @ yahoo.com.
My 3 cp
1) Dragons: I’m all for these beasties being rare near mythological creature. When encountered they should definitely generate an ‘Oh sh*&^%’ respose. I believe their frequency so far is good.
2) Goblins: These are great low level challenges and add some craziness to the scenarios that they are in. Paizo’s ‘reimagining’ of the goblin is great and they should be ever present in Society scenarios.
3) Orcs: I don’t think that there has been enough true blood orcs in society scenarios. They are an iconic bad guy from day one, though their faces have changes : )
4) Drow: Another good bad guy race, although not as easy to pitch against the Society unless there is a quest to delve into the darklands. It was mentioned earlier that the Drow and the Society probably wouldn’t cross paths too often. There could be more encounters with drow but I think they should be sparse.
5) Dinosaurs: I was never a big fan of dinosaurs. Outside of a typically very narrow niche I find it hard to justify their being a part of a scenario.
6) Undead: I love them. They can be a dungeon creators best friend, although they can be a crutch at the same time. Most of them live forever without food or maintenance. Therefore not as much thought needs to explain how they have survived said dungeon. Also they easily fall into the black and white categories of morality. Most of the time justification is not required to kill/destroy them first and ask questions later. Many scenarios can have an undead encounter or two to fill out the acts without bending the ‘realm of reality’ too much. I believe that their appearance ration is good.
7) Swarms: An absolute pain for an unprepared party. I agree that they are a good addition to an encounter and often appropriate. Another creature that leaves morality at the back door. These guys seemed to have a period where every scenario seemed to have to have at least 1 swarm encounter, sometimes more. Outside of that their frequency is OK.
8) Outsiders: Considering that one nation has extensive dealing with outsiders they could have a larger appearance ratio. Not just devils and demons, everyone expects them. Specific regions in Golarion will vary, but I think that they should be a little more frequent than the drow.
9) Humanoids: Although I have often read a new scenario and signed when all of the bad guys were popular common humanoids, I admit that this should be the bulk of the Society’s enemies.
Others to consider:
10) Giants: There are virtually no giant races represented, to include trolls and ogres. They have appeared occasionally and there is a recent scenario focusing on a tribe of giants. But there should be more. This is another iconic race that has been largely overlooked. It would be great to have a scenario focusing on the iconic relationship between dwarves and giants.
11) Monsters: IMHO this includes any critter that does not normally develop an extensive society, typically eats you first and foremost and rarely has another purpose in the game than to be killed and provide loot. This could include most magical beasts and aberrations and some outsiders. As I recall the early days of fantasy roleplaying were all about delving into the dungeon to kill wondrous monsters and take their stuff. I don’t think scenarios should go over board with them but more would add some nice flavor. Critters like Owlbears, Chimeras, Manticores and Ropers.
12) Fey: There are occasional hits at the relation of Golarion and the First World. This could be very fruitful for the Society to explore. Fey tend to take responsibility for watching over nature, passively for the good fey and aggressively for the evil fay. There could definitely be more fey types.
that’s all for now.. .. ..
I have finally heard back from PentaCon's organizer. He is working on getting the site updated both for the loading issues and adding these events. I am still hoping to have a good turn out despite having less than 4 weeks to spread the word and fill out GMs.
Oh, Thanks Snigg for helping spread the word.
Here is the schedule for PentaCon this year. I'll accept requests for specific slots/Scenarios as long as I can. email me a michaelpfsindiana at yahoo dot com.
PentaCon 2012 Scenarios
Slot 2: 2pm - 6pm
Slot 3: 7:30pm - 11:30pm
Slot 5: 2pm - 6pm
Slot 6: 7:30pm - 11:30pm
Slot 8: 2pm - 6pm
I am also considering having the Beginner Box Delves running during the afternoon and evening slots. This is 15 unique Scenarios over 36 tables. I expect to require between 10 and 15 GMs depending on how many slots each GM wants to run.
Hero Labs will be available.
I am putting together Pathfinder Society OP for PenatCon this year in Ft Wayne Indiana. I am currently looking at running 15 Scenarios over 8 slots hosting a total of 36 tables plus the Beginner Box Delves.
The PentaCon site for registration is up an running so you can register now. I'll have Scenarios listed here and on their consupport site in the coming weeks.
Currently the Convention offers $10 off your badge for each slot that someone GMs for. GM 4 slots and your badge is free.
You will have to pay for your room, there is a discount rate for the convention and the Hotel is attached to the convention center.
If I can I intend to reserve a block of rooms for Society GMs so that we are in the same area. I will NOT be paying for anyone's room, sorry. : )