|Paizo Pathfinder® Paizo Games|
|About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ|
If you play with the playtest matrial.
Potions of mage armor, they work.
Take a inqusitor dip -infiltrator with conversion inquisition - with Irori a deity - select the trait wisdom in the flesh (stealth) - now you have wis to diplomcy, bluff and stealth - TWICE!..
1) If the senario only goes to lvl 8 - go str!
Dex needs dervish dance, that would be 1/4 of the senario without a working optimal.
2) Low level spell casting - here spell recall really shines. - another reason to go str based.
4) Pearls of power - aren't cheap - at low level....
Just tried the - "you-and-you-alone-don't-get-any-rest" in a paizo campaign.
This was a "thing" for the better part of a senario. Each night someone choosen randomly had bad dreams - and sucked the next day unless the made a fort save DC alot.
Point being - it's okay to nerf a player - but don't over do it.
Note To Self:
Checks this later...
- Student of Philosophy (Social) replace Cha with Int for diplomacy (persuade) and bluff (convince other a lie is true)
- Pragmatic Activator (magic) use replace Cha with Int for UMD.
anything i missed?
1) You could change chars to something overpowered like a syntesist.
2)Leadership/minions - with only two of you a few henchmen/cohorts/animal compagnions/controlled undeads could be quite usefull for your survival
Spell blending and command undead/create undead/animated undead will help you out - could be some negative reactions to the undead - but then it's pirates - a skeleton crew and a few undeads is only floavor :-)
3) MAX AC - vanilla magus can get a mithreal fullplate at level 7 (if he have the money and uses a feat - it might be useless at lvl 13, but by then the AP i almost at an end, and it will help you out for 6 levels. (and you could always ask to retrain)).
4) Fighter/rogue - I don't know how to make that one survive... But I'm sure undead flanking boddies will help on his DPR
Well it depends.
You have acces to this site: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
And if you have a few dices (or a dice app on a smartphone) then you are good to go.
You don't NEED more, but if you like more options, then more books are fine. And by bying you support paizo, and they might make more great stuff then...
But more dices - well that speed things up.
Well I made one... So here's a start.
Goblin Black Blade Kensei 10/Crossblooded Sorc 1/More kensei
Feats: lvl 1 weapon finesse) Bonus (weapon focus:BB) lvl 3 (dervish dance), Alertness (BB) lvl 5 (Arcane Strike) Bonus (Intensify spell) lvl 7 (weapon specialization) lvl 9 (imp Crit) Bonus (eshew matrials) lvl 11 (extra Arcane points) Bonus: Extra Arcane point
I picked Goblin for flavor. Other races will do as well.
Wild blooded Crossblooded Sorc - do they stack+ Ask your GM if they do - take draconic and elemental to get and extra 20 dam on your shocking grasp.
Jaatu Bronzescale wrote:
- Just to clearify. If you cast defensivelyyou DON'T provoke AoO. But it's hard - and if you fail the concentration check you loose the spell.in 3.5 a failed concentration check would provoke a AoO and if that hit you would have to make an other concentration check.
In pathfinder you don't provoke AoO when casting on the defensive
Bigtuna, have you looked at the new traits in Ultimate Campaign yet? At the very least, there's Bruising Intellect to replace Cha with Int for Intimidate - potentially very useful for high Int Intimidate builds.
No. Not yet.I don't have the book, and as far as I can tell it's not on the webpage yet.
But once I get a hold of the book, or it's content i uploaded to the webpage - I'll add it - I just like to check the texts first.
1. Dex is better than str. Str (or dex) should be your primary stat - not int.
2. close range is a good if GM don't like arcane mark.
3. you don't get a magus arcane at lvl 3 as a kensei.
4. Armor - potion of mage armor is fine. buy 10 and stock up. Or even better get a wizard/sorc to cast it on you.
Arcane strike, weapon focus intencified spell - they are all good no brainers.
Dodge? - You could take heavy armor prof at level 7 - buy a mithral fullplate and have a nice AC before lvl 13 (14 if you go with cross blooded sorc) - again it's a feat that will have less appealing as you level (the same with heavy armor prof after lvl 13)
Well as long as you keep to the rules an keep the -10 penalty to speed. You could make up your fluff.
You could have been cursed - with a lame leg, been tricked by a magical talking shark to let him eat it thus curing the curse but getting a leg leg instead, that happend to slow your speed with 10...
Or you could have cut your own leg off in an attempt to remove the curse - giving you a peg leg - but not the penalty... (and then you just hate fish, since it was a fish God that cursed you).
But what ever you do - removing the peg leg doesn't remove the penalty...
Spell shield? The magus can cast shield - and can use wand of shield or even scrolls of shield. Better to take wand Wielder - helps with low level concentration checks - and spell slots. You could use cantrips - but 750 to do 3,5 more dam, and not having to worry about concentration checks when using spell combat is worth it...
Reskin a few hags - make a coven. There's your nightmares... And dreamworld dungoen (that illution spell they can cast)
Oozes, reskin them make them into dream versions of the players or their famile. That embrace them in a deadly hug. If damaged - more familie members appear - each looking older and older - until they appear like dried up mummies. Crumbling to dust when they die...
When i'm inspired GM rocks.
But being a GM can feel like work... When you'r not really inspired and just have to find something the players can do... Spending time making a funny build only to see them smashed by the players in 1 round...
I'm about to take over a AP. With a group of overpowered players. It feels like work - but then it's gonna be the first AP i don't design myself perhaps that's easier...
But for the most parts. playing a char seeing him evolve, getting new abilities are better...
Well the winter mystery have the Freezing Spells ability. Which really need the mystery bonus spells to work...
But if you think Cold res is gonna be an issue...
What do you want your oracle to do?
Mirror image is pretty sweet.
Ready an action...
Depending whether the wizard is buffed up or not.
Buffed up wizard.. Well harder - but if no shield/no inv- a single magic missle can really destroy a wizards day
With trip you basically use your normal to hit + any bonus you have on trip (imp trip and so on) +d20.
Trip weapons mean you buy a weapon cord - drop your weapon if you faail on 10 or more get it back as a swift action...
toppling magic missile is a trap - CMD goes op way faster then your CL+int.
And there is always rime spell + frostbite - 1d6+Cl dam + entangled + fatigued.