|4 people marked this as a favorite.|
1. Pathfinder RPG
2. Pathfinder RPG
3. Pathfinder RPG (yes, it's worth the 1st 3 slots!)
5. Taking the 3.5 rules & not only improving upon them but proving the lie that the system was done, used up, & had no design space left within it.
9. Campaign Setting sourcebooks
10. 3rd-party support
11. Message board presence & feedback
12. Savvy business acumen
14. Free PDFs with Subscriptions
16. Continued support for the kinds of stories that I want to tell within a RPG framework.
17. The Cavalier
18. The Slayer
19. The Witch
20. The Magus
21. The Alchemist
23. Successfully walking the line between soliciting customer feedback yet refusing to cave into the forum equivalent of mob-rule by vocal detractors.
25. Advanced Player's Guide
26. Ultimate Campaign
27. Successfully conveying their enthusiasm & love of the game in interviews, forum posts, conventions, etc. Regardless of whether it's Lisa, James, Eric, Wes or any of the Paizo crew, their love of the game and the myths, stories, and legends that inspire the game's development, it's clear that their enthusiasm is genuine. It's also contagious.
28. Their continued ability to produce stuff that I want, especially stuff that I didn't know that I wanted in the first place! NPC Guide, map accessories, minis, comics.
29. Their continued ability to develop new and interesting monsters.
30. Curse of the Crimson Throne
31. Not jumping to PF 2.0 just because D&D 5e was released.
32. Not jumping on the GSL bandwagon.
33. For taking what could have been a crippling loss (the loss of Dragon & Dungeon) and producing what is arguably the most successful RPG system and RPG company in the industry -- and never b-tching about it.
34. Their optimism.
35. Stories of games that they run & play in.
36. Auntie Lisa
37. RPG Superstar
38. Giving me a RPG that has reinvigorated my love of the hobby and provided me with the best set of tools I've ever had to run a game.
39. The Beginner Box, to help pass the torch to my kids.
THANK YOU, PAIZO!